CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

+23
laleepop14
NhappyJackie
TriniCherryPrincess
WhosThatRedHead
meka_g
HappyCurly
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
crvng4mr
mrsmackey
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
Janet36603
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Empty Re: Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

Post by Janet36603 13th June 2010, 11:20 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:What's your shea aloe mix?

The last time I made it was the first time I made it so it was mostly an experiment but there was shea butter (of course lol), aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth), olive oil, and some tea tree, rosemary and lemon grass essential oils. I overdid it on the lemon grass last time and I think I'll just use a little rosemary and peppermint (I love peppermint lol) next time.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Empty Re: Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

Post by Lynnieluve 14th June 2010, 12:11 am

10 more days....
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 14th June 2010, 11:45 am

Lynnieluve wrote:10 more days....

9 more now! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_bounce Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_surprised Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 617583 Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 879602

I'm trying to decide when I want to take my twists out. I know at least 2 or 3 days before the BC so I'll have time to take them out without rushing, then wash (maybe another day), major detangle and possibly try one last style. Still iffy about the style thing. It might be best to just wash detangle and leave my hair in a couple braids until the BC.

I'll be rocking my headwrap for a few days if I don't do a style though.

P.S. Thank you guys so much for being supportive and even remembering my BC coming up. My bf is bored to tears with this hair stuff so it's soooo good to have people who get as excited over little hair stuff as I do! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:48 am

Hey Janet!!!!

Hadnt been by your place in awhile! Hope all is well and I hope you are ready for that BC!!! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 678474

Only 9 more days!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 15th June 2010, 5:45 pm

Post taken from my blog

Hello again! As you can see in my title, I have 8 more days till the BC. It's hard to believe that tomorrow it will be a week till...then beforeI know it I'll be snipping away!

I still have to make a trip over to walmart and buy myself some hair shears. I actually did a teeny chop a few days ago. I couldn't sleep one night (the night I washed my hair) and while playing around in my hair I found a twist that was about to slip out. I was going to just leave it alone, but I decided it might be best to just take the twist out so it didn't snag on something and pull that little patch of hair out (yikes!). Well after I did that, the scissors were sitting RIGHT THERE on the counter near the mirror so you know what I did...yup snip snip! Just that one spot though.

I played around with that little bit of hair (I'd say about 5 or 6 inches stretched) and event tried 2 strand twisting it (lol) but it wasn't a large section at all so that was kinda hard. I finally left it alone and was able to hop in the bed and catch some Z's with a big smile on my face. Now I keep finding that spot and playing with it lol.

I think I'll keep my trusty HEHH to BC with or I might get some cheapie suave and save the HEHH for the cowash afterwards. I'm going to grab the hooded dryer from my boyfriend's house this weekend when I go down there so that I can use it to dry my hair and twists that I put in after the BC (on low of course) so I can wear a twistout the first day. I think I'll buy an accessory or two when I make it to walmart.

Speaking of accessories, I ran across a crochet double flower that I made when I was in my "hat phase" this winter. I had put the flower on a small hair clip to attach it to the hat so I could move it around....so I grabbed it the other day and put it in my hair since I had on a brown shirt. It's chocolate brown, tan, and white. Cute I think. I might make a few more actually. Maybe that will be my signature thing. Anyway here's the pic...

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 0608102142-02+tagged
I guess that's it for now. Gotta get ready for class and all that jazz.

Bye lovelies!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th June 2010, 6:38 pm

Cute flower accessory!

Dont forget to DC after you big chop
! You'll be frizzy for days if you don't. My head was a giant puffball, I didnt know I was suppose to do that after clipping all my hair off. Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 16th June 2010, 1:12 am

jlowman1 wrote:Cute flower accessory!

! You'll be frizzy for days if you don't. My head was a giant puffball, I didnt know I was suppose to do that after clipping all my hair off. Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Lol

Thanks, I didn't know that either! I'll throw that in the plan for after I BC. After I rinse that out I guess I'll cowash and then get started on my twistout. Sounds like I'll be in for a long morning lol. Too bad I have a midterm that night Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_mad

Guess I'll have to study early so I can play in my hair that day! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Empty Should I or shouldn't I? 5 days till BC

Post by Janet36603 18th June 2010, 11:42 am

So I'm 5 days from the BC and of course before I can BC I have to take my twists out...which I'm DYING to do but if I do then I'll be a little stuck style wise for the next few days. Of course I can always use my trusty headwrap as a fallback, but I'm debating on whether or not I should try a few last "longer hair" styles.

I plan to take my twists out Saturday or Sunday and wash and deep condition and then leave my hair in some braids or twists (probably braids because they will hold better with the permed ends) with rods at the end. I brought a cute dress with me to wear to church this Sunday with some sandals if it doesn't rain (I hardly ever wear dresses lol). I'd hate to have a busted "do" and not much time to "fix" it though Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_mad.

So what do you guys think? If I take the twists out tomorrow I can spend a good chunk of the day washing and conditioning it, but if I do it Sunday (late afternoon), I might only be able to take them down and then wash Monday night after I get out of class.

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Confused Help Ladies!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th June 2010, 4:24 pm

I say: take the twists out sooner, so you have enough time for last wash adn condition. you wanted to play wiht a style anyway, right? i would try braid adn curl instead of twists on rods. and if it doesn't come out right, maybe you can pin it back with some pretty bobby pins, almost like a french roll, into an up do.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 19th June 2010, 12:04 am

HappyCurly wrote:I say: take the twists out sooner, so you have enough time for last wash adn condition. you wanted to play wiht a style anyway, right? i would try braid adn curl instead of twists on rods. and if it doesn't come out right, maybe you can pin it back with some pretty bobby pins, almost like a french roll, into an up do.

Thanks, I think I'm going to try the braid and curl. I'm so ready to take these twists out but I know there's lots of work ahead of me and I have to juggle that with school work...which I'm procrastinating lol Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by meka_g 19th June 2010, 12:29 pm

Hi Janet,
I am also in Montgomery and I was wondering if you could please tell me where you got your kinky twist done? Thanks!
meka_g
meka_g

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 20th June 2010, 4:04 pm

meka_g wrote:Hi Janet,
I am also in Montgomery and I was wondering if you could please tell me where you got your kinky twist done? Thanks!

Hey there! Glad to see another Alabama curly! I actually did my twists myself. I've never been good at doing hair, so I know if I can do them then you can too! I learned how to put them in by watching youtube videos. The hair I use is called Marley Braid from the Femi Collection. It costs bout $5 a pack and I usually just use a pack of black and a pack of brown (with a little left over). Hope that helps!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 20th June 2010, 4:16 pm

Well I planned on taking my twists down today after church, but my boyfriend wants to go to one of the growth track classes tonight at our church, so I'll be putting off the kinky twists uninstall until later tonight or more possibly tomorrow night after I get out of class. I might or might not wear my braid n curl style out on Tuesday before the BC Wednesday morning. It depends on how it turns out I guess (meaning if it's cute I'll wear it and if not I'll wear a headwrap lol).

That's about it. I hope everybody is enjoying their Sunday/Father's Day with the great Dads in their lives. More updates soon!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 20th June 2010, 4:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your journey....I'm excited for you when you do your BC.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 21st June 2010, 1:47 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Thanks for sharing your journey....I'm excited for you when you do your BC.

Thanks for reading it! lol I'm soooo excited. 2 more days. I even had a dream last night that I was looking in the mirror at my parent's house and I had a flyyyy fro...but I'm a few years away from that length lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 21st June 2010, 2:24 pm

Hey Janet! Just stopping through to say hi. Can't wait to see your hair after the big day Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 21st June 2010, 9:43 pm

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:Hey Janet! Just stopping through to say hi. Can't wait to see your hair after the big day Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be posting pics of course... and maybe my natural journey video too Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_razz
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd June 2010, 10:56 am

I am soo early, I was running over here looking for pics LOL!!!! Be back tomorrow
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd June 2010, 11:02 am

Janet36603 wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know that either! I'll throw that in the plan for after I BC. After I rinse that out I guess I'll cowash and then get started on my twistout. Sounds like I'll be in for a long morning lol. Too bad I have a midterm that night Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_mad

Guess I'll have to study early so I can play in my hair that day! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_lol

I didnt know that either maybe thats why my hair was a big puffball!!!! Great advice!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 22nd June 2010, 2:23 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:I am soo early, I was running over here looking for pics LOL!!!! Be back tomorrow

Haha don't worry, they will be up pretty soon after I finish Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin I plan to BC when I wake up tomorrow morning. It will be hard to sleep tonight! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Sleep Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_bounce

laleepop14 wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:

Dont
forget to DC after you big chop
! You'll be frizzy for
days if you don't. My head was a giant puffball, I didnt know I was
suppose to do that after clipping all my hair off. Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Lol

Thanks,
I didn't know that either! I'll throw that in the plan for after I BC.
After I rinse that out I guess I'll cowash and then get started on my
twistout. Sounds like I'll be in for a long morning lol. Too bad I have a
midterm that night Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_mad

Guess
I'll have to study early so I can play in my hair that day! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_lol

I didnt know that either maybe thats why my hair was a big
puffball!!!! Great advice!!!

I know right?! So glad I started my curl street journal or I never would have known! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_razz I just love the ladies here!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 22nd June 2010, 4:53 pm

One more day until the BC! Yay! This time tomorrow I'll be an official natural diva. It took me forever to take my twists down last night (I think I finished somewhere around 3am) and then stayed up for no reason at all Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_eek and the next thing I knew the sun was coming up lol. I took a nap till about 11, and got up to finish some work on my take home midterm that's due today. I also have another midterm tomorrow that I have to study for...that one is going to be BRUTAL! I have a lot of reading to catch up on, and I haven't even had time to wash my hair!

I might just wait until tomorrow and wet my hair as I go with the BC since I'm going to cowash and deep condition anyway...or maybe I'll do it after my study session tonight...probably not since I won't get out of class until after 9 tonight (ick!)

You know what...forget what i just said. I'm going to go ahead and do a quick cowash on my hair with the twists I put in as I was taking the kinky twists down last night (to keep the hair out of the way) and then sit under the dryer for a while since I've got a few hours before class tonight.

Bye Lovelies!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd June 2010, 5:45 pm

Janet36603 wrote:
WhosThatRedHead wrote:Thanks for sharing your journey....I'm excited for you when you do your BC.

Thanks for reading it! lol I'm soooo excited. 2 more days. I even had a dream last night that I was looking in the mirror at my parent's house and I had a flyyyy fro...but I'm a few years away from that length lol

I'm waiting patienly for my fro too!!! We'll rock it together! lol Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_rr
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 22nd June 2010, 9:32 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:

I'm waiting patienly for my fro too!!! We'll rock it together! lol Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_rr

Yes Ma'am we will! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_rr Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 678474
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 23rd June 2010, 2:37 pm

Well I did it! I BCed this morning. Right now I have a deep conditoner on my hair and a showercap. After I eat (I'm STARVING) I'm going to wash it out and try to do some twists. I'll have to sit under the dryer for it to dry in time before class. Blah I wish I didn't have a midterm today. Totally inturrupting my hair time! I'm going to get my boyfriend to get the few permed ends I have left tomorrow...especially the back. You can see some in the pic Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Anyway here are a few of my pics...there will be more later and maybe even a video Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Icon_wink

Right before BC
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Dscf0210

Right after BC
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Dscf0211

Back view
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Dscf0212

Permed ends
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Dscf0213

Deep conditioner
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 3 Dscf0214

Last edited by Janet36603 on 23rd June 2010, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 23rd June 2010, 2:38 pm

Changed title Smile
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next