CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

+23
laleepop14
NhappyJackie
TriniCherryPrincess
WhosThatRedHead
meka_g
HappyCurly
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
crvng4mr
mrsmackey
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
Janet36603
27 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Empty Re: Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

Post by Janet36603 22nd July 2010, 12:06 am

jlowman1 wrote:Hey J!

Cute style, I like it either way! Your hair looks so soft and fluffy! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Thanks! It feels pretty soft too, and shiny. I think my hair likes the famous kimmaytube leave in lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Empty Re: Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

Post by Janet36603 22nd July 2010, 12:33 am

Here are the pictures I promised! Here's how I do my TWA modified twist n curl
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0010

Back view. I use colored rubber bands so I'll be able to see any I missed easily when I use my mirror to look at the back of my hair
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0012

Rubber bands out (no separating yet)
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0013

Separated once
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0014

All done fluffing/separating
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0015

Frohawk from twist and curl. I think this was the first one I tried since the one I did for my birthday.
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0016

Frohawk side view/front view
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0017Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0018

Second day hair frohawk
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Sany0019

Ok that's it for now. I'm sure you guys are sick of all of the pictures lol.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd July 2010, 8:29 am

Cute style, I like it either way! Your hair looks so soft and fluffy! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

I agree! Your hair looks really soft!!

And I'm loving the bathrobe.... I need to buy one
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 22nd July 2010, 9:04 am

Hi Janet,

I like the curlformer style. I had to take another look to make sure that you said you used the curlformers because I was thinking the same thing you thought about the hair legnth lol anyways all of your styles turned out great.

Happy belated birthday and Congrats on your bc!!!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 9:22 am

Hey Janet...

You've been doing great things over here. I love your twist & curls style. Thanks for the review on the Giovanna products. I would try the 50/50 conditioner, but I've just identified that I have a conditioner fetish and I need to get a hold of myself!!! LOL

Thought the pool conversation was very interesting. I think you handled it well. SMH I find that a lot of people really like our hair, but don't have the never to go natural. So due to their inadequacy they hate on other natural sisters!!! For real....

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 22nd July 2010, 10:50 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:

I agree! Your hair looks really soft!!

And I'm loving the bathrobe.... I need to buy one

Thanks! My boyfriend actually got it for me for christmas the first year we were together. He also slipped a necklace in the pocket Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_eek Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin gotta love him!

MellowOne wrote:Hi Janet,

I like the curlformer style. I had to take another look to make sure that you said you used the curlformers because I was thinking the same thing you thought about the hair legnth lol anyways all of your styles turned out great.

Happy belated birthday and Congrats on your bc!!!

Yeah my hair is still pretty short but it was curled enough to to tell I did SOMETHING to it. lol

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Janet...

You've been doing great things over here. I love your twist & curls style. Thanks for the review on the Giovanna products. I would try the 50/50 conditioner, but I've just identified that I have a conditioner fetish and I need to get a hold of myself!!! LOL

Thought the pool conversation was very interesting. I think you handled it well. SMH I find that a lot of people really like our hair, but don't have the never to go natural. So due to their inadequacy they hate on other natural sisters!!! For real....

KNH

I think I'm a conditioner junkie myself. I used HEHH exclusively during my transition and then once I BC'ed I was trying to get the crazy itching under control so I switched to the giovanni line (I figure it's more natural) I also bought Aussie moist because I wanted to try it...turns out it's my staple cowasher (I love the way it foams up) and I also wanted to try the giovanni leave in since I'd heard such good things about it...product junkie here lol Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_redface I won't even go into the other stuff I've bought since my BC that aren't conditioners...and it's only been a month Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_lol

In other hair news the modified kimmaytube conditioner seems to have cured my flaking problem for the time being...day 2 and not a flake in sight! Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 617583 Still got a little bit of the itching but we're getting closer to a solution! lol I might try adding tea tree oil to it next time and see if that gets the itching to stop. Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_wink
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd July 2010, 11:11 pm

Jewelery is always nice!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 23rd July 2010, 11:47 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Jewelery is always nice!!

It is when guys take the time to pick something you would like...not just get some random heart necklace or something generic like that because they don't know what else to get you Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd July 2010, 3:11 pm

Hey there, loving your styles! The frohawk is NICE!!!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 26th July 2010, 8:49 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey there, loving your styles! The frohawk is NICE!!!

Thanks! I love it when I look at it from the side...but when I'm looking at it straight on I'm kinda iffy about it lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 30th July 2010, 1:20 pm

Actually I'm at 1 month and one week post BC...but I had finals this week so it's been kinda hectic! I wound up with an A in one class and B in the other (got a 87 in that one so not close enough to a A to round up Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_cry ...oh well!)

Now I have about 2 1/2 weeks of "vacation" before I start Fall classes. I also need to do some work on my Thesis during that time so, I'm not "all the way" off I guess. James, Chase and I are going to Mobile today after he gets off of work to visit my family. My brother got to come home early (last tuesday) from his deployment in Kuwait, so my sister came down to visit too. It will probably be a short trip for us though...won't get there till 9 or 10 tonight and might leave tomorrow night or maybe Sunday morning since James has work Monday and I don't want him all tired from being on the road all day. On the bright side, we can stop by my apartment in Montgomery on the way back to rest/take a pit stop if we want. Then it's only a 1 1/2 hour trip from there.

This is the first time I'll be going home since my BC. I'm sure my dad still won't like it, but oh well, he'll come around eventually. Not much he can do about it now right? lol

I wore a frohawk for 3 days last week...mostly out of laziness because of all of the paper writing/studying. The first night i was so tired when I finally got home from studying (at 6 am Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_eek ) that I just kept the bobby pins in (I usually take them out) and threw on my satin bonnet and called it a night. It turned out pretty good so I did that the next 2 nights as well.

Right now I need to be packing and deep conditioning my hair. I wanted a cute style for today but I think I'll just have to settle for a wash and go. Maybe I'll do some twists tonight if I feel like staying up a bit once we get there.

So recap of the first month being natural:

• It's AWESOME!
  • It's sooooo much easier than dealing with the 2 textures
  • Kimmaytube's leave in = no more dry flaky scalp
  • Time flew by since I didn't have to worry about my hair as much
  • I LOVE IT!!!
  • Still working on the itching but it's not nearly as bad as it was!
Also it seems like my hair is getting longer...even though I can't really tell and I just think it's wishful thinking. After I used the curlformers last week (I think that's when it was) I wound up picking my hair out and wore a little afro puff...excuse me medium afro puff lol it was bigger than I expected. I guess the slight straightening from the curlformers is the cause of that.

My only other problem besides the slight itching are my ends. When i put them in twists I usually twirl the ends around my finger, but the last 1/2 inch always kinda poofs and seems a little different than the rest. When I put them in the bantu knots it's not as noticeable since they curl kinda. I'm not sure if this was the scab hair I've heard about or just some wonky ends. The rest of my twists look cute till you get to the ends. I guess maybe I just need a good trim. I'll wait on that though because I don't want to get scissor happy too soon. In another month if they are still wonky, I'll trim them. The funny thing is when I do wash and gos, the ends curl up all pretty into little coils so it's just when they're dry or slightly damp that they do this.... Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Confused

I guess that's it for now lovelies. I think I'll go ahead and pack and do some of that cleaning up i meant to do before we leave. Gotta at least wash the dishes in the kitchen sink so I can use it to start my deep conditioning treatment lol.

Bye for now!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 3rd August 2010, 2:36 pm

Hello my lovely readers!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm enjoying my break and also trying to juggle a few ideas around in my head. I guess I'll get to the hair-related stuff first.

I'm wearing a 3 day old wash and go that I've been refreshing with a spray bottle of water since I haven't had time to do anything else. Also, I wanted to wash and detangle my hair today and try to put in some mini twists. I'm not sure if my hair is long enough for them to look cute enough to wear out...but if not I should have an awesome twistout tomorrow lol. This will be my first time putting mini twists in my own hair, but I think it should be ok since I installed kinky twists myself during my transition a few times, and this is a little less complicated since it's all my hair. Hopefully it won't take too long. Oh yeah, my dad wasn't to terribly upset about my hair when I went home this weekend, and everyone else seemed to like it somewhat lol. Maybe that's just because I was just there for a day and they didn't have time to come up with any clever jokes. Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_lol

Ok on to my non-hair related possible business venture...

While I was in Mobile I made some "Cookies and Cream" cupcakes. I saw the recipe online for making them from scratch but I didn't want to invest that much time (lol) since I wasn't going to be in town long, so I did the same thing with a boxed white cake and white frosting with oreos crushed up in them. They were a big hit, except half of my family though the oreo cookie on the bottom was actually where I burnt the cupcake...maybe i should have told them about that earlier Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_lol lol. Anyway, I've always liked making sweet stuff...cakes, cupcakes, fudge, oreo truffles, you name it. In fact, for holidays or whenever I go home, I'm basically required to make a batch of my "famous" oreo truffles or at least some fudge. While I was home, my niece even asked me if I thought about selling my stuff online. Now I'd thought about opening a bakery one day, but a mail order one never occured to me. I looked on etsy.com and sure enough, other ladies were selling truffles, cookie, cakes, cupcakes etc.

So what I want to ask is, if I were to start up a bakery service online (mostly oreo truffles, chocolate covered pretzels, fudge, and peanut clusters to start and then cupcakes and maybe cakes once i figure out how to ship them without them getting messed up), would any of you ladies be interested in ordering? Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Confused Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Let me know! Speaking of baked goods, there's one more cookies and cream cupcake in the fridge that's calling my name! Bye lovelies!

P.S. I just noticed that I'm 11 months post perm! One more month till a year! Yay!

Last edited by Janet36603 on 3rd August 2010, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a P.S.)
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 16th August 2010, 12:51 pm

Hey curlies! I've been on CN the past 2 weeks or so but haven't really made a post on my journal in a while. Did yall miss me? lol.

I really enjoyed my 2 week break from school but alas, my first day of class for the fall is tomorrow (I have classes Tues, Wed, and Thurs this semester). Back to the daily grind I suppose!

In hair news, I put in some small twists about a week and a half ago (my first set that I wore out since my BC) and wore those from Wed-Sunday (I redid the front Thursday though because they were too big since I was in a rush to finish before Wed. night church service). Sunday I untwisted them for a very cute twistout. They were small enough that I didn't even separate after I untwisted them and had a very defined twistout that I LOVED! I wore that for...I don't know how many days lol. I only retwisted a few in the back that were getting a little frizzy from me sleeping on them.

Finally once it started looking more frizzy than cute I was fingercombing my hair and decided to pick it out just for fun, and to wear a bigger puff for the day(...or make that days!) before FINALLY washing and detangling my hair...after almost 2 weeks Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_redface. My fro is nowhere NEAR one of my hair idols LynnieLuve, but I still thought it was kinda cute. Not shaped well enough to wear out mind you.... plus I sent my boyfriend James a picture while he was at work and he said I looked like an 80's supervillian. Gotta love that guy Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Icon_lol Oh yeah, I did do some flat twists yesterday in the front of the puff because I was getting a little bored with it and wanted to jazz it up for church a little...but I didn't take pics Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 Kopfschuettel

I FINALLY DC'd yesterday and washed and detangled. We were going to a training class for church last night, so I just wound up with a wash and go. Today though, I plan to wash again and apply the Kimmaytube leave in so that I can put in some small twists again...this time I won't worry about the parting so much, and I'll just grab and twist. I'll keep these in for a few days or maybe even a week if I like them and then do a twistout for a few days before detangling again. Baby steps protective styles lol.

Enough chatter...here's the pics!

Twists
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 08051010

Twists Back view
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 20100813

Twistout Puff with flower (That I broke by accident getting out of the car Sad
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 08081010

Regular Twistout Puff
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 08091010

Twistout Puff Closeup
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 20100812

Fro! (Just for fun)
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 08131010

Fro puff (how I actually wore it)
Janet36603--Why I've been MIA and lots of pics! - Page 6 08131011

That's it for now lovely ladies! I hope you all have a great week!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st August 2010, 10:02 am

Almost one year, happy anniversary lady!

Love your fro--hair is growing fast. Looking great, sorry to hear about flower.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 1st September 2010, 11:01 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Almost one year, happy anniversary lady!

Love your fro--hair is growing fast. Looking great, sorry to hear about flower.

Thanks! It's coming up super fast! Plus time has been flying since my BC. I love not having to worry about my hair so much. Oh and don't worry about the flower. It only cost a dollar and I plan to go back and get a few more colors anyway Laughing Plus it can still be saved with a little super glue if I ever get around to it.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 11:30 am

Hi Janet

You've been busy, but you have been doing a great job with your hair. Your twists & twist out styles are very cute.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 2nd September 2010, 3:10 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Janet

You've been busy, but you have been doing a great job with your hair. Your twists & twist out styles are very cute.

KNH
Aww thanks! I actually twisted my hair up a few days ago and then did a twistout sunday and im still wearing it. I love that I'm able to get almost a week and a half or 2 weeks out of a hairstyle Smile

I think I might try finger coils next...
Very Happy
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6