CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Itch?!?!?!?!

+3
Janique
BajanPrincess82
CurlsofAsali
7 posters

Go down

The Itch?!?!?!?! Empty The Itch?!?!?!?!

Post by CurlsofAsali 18th May 2010, 12:11 pm

Hey ladies!

I have been natural (no chems) all of my life and decided about a year ago to stop putting heat in my hair. School is stressful enough without the addition of heat Smile Any who I pretty much have my routine down packed however, in the last 2 weeks I have had the worse scalp itch ever. I normally don't have dandruff but last week it came out of no where. I usually use tea tree oil if my get an scalp itch that wont quit... but its starting to get out of control. Any one else have a crazy itchy scalp? All tips are welcomed.

peace and love
CurlsofAsali
CurlsofAsali

Back to top Go down

The Itch?!?!?!?! Empty Re: The Itch?!?!?!?!

Post by BajanPrincess82 18th May 2010, 12:31 pm

I have been natural all my life too, but I've always had scalp issues. I have eczema and it gets worse in the summer (heat and sweat). Right now, my head is an itchy mess! Applying olive oil a few times a day helps, but its still itches somewhat.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 18th May 2010, 4:22 pm

I definitely do because I have seborrheic dermatitis. For a while, I was able to control it, but one day in January, my scalp was itching like crazy. It's been itching ever since, but has gotten a little better since it got warmer. I can't go more than about 5 days without washing my hair.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrum 20th May 2010, 8:43 pm

1) Tea Tree Oil Shampoo-- I use Giovanni, but you can just add the oil to your own favorite shampoo or conditioner (I usually shampoo 3 times a week, and I can't co-wash! It'll irritate my scalp further)
2) Special Clarifiers-- I usually add two spoonfuls of baking soda to my shampoo and then use an apple cider vinegar rinse before or after conditioner, the acv might burn, but I usually use 1/2 cup acv to 1 &1/2 cup of water (only once a month)
3) I soak a cotton ball in witch hazel and then baste my scalp with it, for instance I braid my hair up and then run the wet cotton ball down the parts already made and along my hairline*** this has given me the most relief ***

If this doesn't curb dandruff appreciably then I'd suggest that you visit a dermatologist, especially considering the fact that your affliction came out of nowhere
I hope this helps!
Electrum
Electrum

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 20th May 2010, 8:57 pm

I actually haven't had dandruff nor and itchy scalp since I have been natural. Of course utilizing oils that provide moisture for your hair and proper scalp cleansing. Oh...I wanted to add that the last time I was at my local health food store there were several all natural anti-itch, shampoos, conditioners,etc...Good Luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st May 2010, 9:20 am

I've also read that itchy scalp my be a sign of growth. Our hair goes through growth cycles, and this may be the time. Did you try any new products before the itching got worse? Go back thru your products and see if any may be the cause. Perhaps the ingredients in that product changed and your scalp doesn"t like it.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 9:32 am

The way I combat my itchy scalp is to treat it before it starts. If I wait until it starts itching, then it doesnt really help.

On wash day, I spritz my scalp with a aloe mix (water, organic aloe vera gel, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and rosemary oil). Then I follow that up with my castor oil mix (castor oil, jojoba oil, and few drops of tea tree oil). I apply it again about 3 days later. After that, I apply it as needed.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down