CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th May 2010, 8:15 am

Hey Nyla

Thanks....I'm loving my puff since my hair has grown out some. Micro twist...WOW how long is it taking you? I bet it is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see the results.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by sweetdrk1 8th May 2010, 8:30 am

*on your balcony with my cup of tea in hand*

Mawnin KNH!! Have a wonderful Mother's day Weekend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th May 2010, 8:58 am

Hey Coilykinks...

I know what you mean about the bands. Have your tried a knee-hi? What I do is use the band to set the puff..(I hope that makes sense) then after the edges and the hair I pull back sets/drys..I take off the band and use a very loose band..you know the really skinny ones.

Also, you can do the same with a knee-hi. I've tried it with a queen size one...that worked for me as well. (had to use a queen size cause I got a big head) LOL I'm laughing, but I'm for real. Very Happy

Thanks for stopping by
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th May 2010, 9:00 am

Morning Sweet...

Isn't the tea good with the banana nut bread I baked!!! Smile

I plan to send the entire day with my moms; what about you? Big plans!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th May 2010, 9:03 am

Oooh, banana nut bread...I won't interupt y'all...just sit me a piece on the porch...I'll slide by and get it! LoL

Good Morning...KNH!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th May 2010, 10:16 am

Hey TheRYL1

Come on by...I baked a whole loaf!!! LOL

Morning hun!!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th May 2010, 10:28 am

Hey KNH,
Sorry to hear about your computer situation. Glad it was resolved though. I hate days like that. And sorry you had to stay so late and missed the celebration. Maybe you'll be able to get a glass of wine or something over the weeend. You've definitely earned it after the day you had yesterday.

I'll have to ask my mom about the spritz and see if she's been using it. Probably not. I'll have to mix it up for her or she won't do it. But I think she is so in love with the Oyin Frank Juice that she's not even thinking about using anything else right now. She uses that ALL the time. As soon as I'm around her, I'm like what's that smell and she says oh must be my hair....LOL!

I hope you will be able to relax this weekend. Have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

~Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th May 2010, 10:50 am

Well....I've been on CN since 5am this morning and on FB since 6:30. I haven't had a chance to do my review so it will have to wait until tonight.

Hair....I think the twisted sisters jinxed me cause my scalp is itching something crazy!!! Last night I brushed my hair and applied my spritz..(mineral water, jojoba oil, conditioner, peppermint oil and lavender oil) on my hair and tide my edges down and I've been itching all morning!!! I wonder why??

I have a lot going on today so I'll check back with everyone tonight!!

I would like to share something with you guys and please don't think bad of me, and keep in mind I was feeling bad.

I'll start out by saying I HATE rude people, and bad customer service. I was starting to feel bad again Thursday so on my home I thought I would stop at Chick-fil-A and get their chicken noodle soup (I love this soup) a chicken salad sandwich. So I go through the drive through and I was a little confused, because I wanted a combo but didn't know if it came with a soup and sandwich. Well to make a long story short the young man that waited on me was not very helpful and he didn't give me the type of customer services I was accustom to receiving at Chick-fil-A. I was on the phone with my son that is in college (who works for whataburger) and he was like "that didn't go very well." Wataburger is in competition with Chick-fil-A...why I don't know one sells chicken and the other beef. Well let me get back on track.

By the time I pull up to the window to pay for my food. I was irritated. When the young man told me my total I asked him if he was the one that waited on me....he said no and pointed to the young man behind him. Now keep in mind...I've paid for my food, but I don't have it yet. So I'm talking to the manager (Viola) and I told her what happened and that they needed to take that young man off the headset!! My oldest son is still on the phone cracking up, and Mr. Xander is in the back seat trippin out!!

Then y'all...keep in mind I still don't have my food yet...this man gets out of his truck behind me and comes up to the back of my truck and says "Can I pay for my food?" I was thinking WTF.....I looked at him (dont' know what I was looking like) and told him "NO YOU CAN NOT! YOU CAN GET BACK IN YOUR TRUCK, AND WAIT YOUR TURN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR FOOD YOU CAN'T GET IT UNTIL I DRIVE OFF, SO GO BACK AND WAIT YOUR TURN!! I was soo pist!!! My oldest son was cracking up and asked me "MOM was he black" I was like NO!! Mr. Xander was in the back seat almost on the floor crackin up!!! The people at Chick-fil-A was looking like... affraid Shocked OH MY GOODNESS!!!

They gave me my food so fast and they were falling all over themselves trying not to laugh. I really think they thought I was crazy for real!!!

So...I just had to share this with you guys, because everyone that I told about this thought it is was funny as hell, but I didn't. You know....I try not to see color, but white people are so rude and they think that this world is theirs and we are just here trying to fit in. I know I wasn't feel well...and I wonder if I would have reacted that way if I felt my normal self.

Y'all pray for me for real...I'm so crazy and when I get mad I don't think. Now a days that's not good cause folks are killing people left and right for stuff less that my Chick-fil-A experience. Very Happy

Well...I gotta go take Xander to drill team practice and do my matron duty!!

Have a good day ladies...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 8th May 2010, 12:47 pm

@ KNH - LMBO! OMG, that was too much, but I feel ya. It seems as though people have no patience and are disrespectful. Oh, and don't get me started on the lack of customer service - does it even exist?

Anyway, you have a wonderful day and have fun with your mommy.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 1:10 pm

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Icon_flower Happy Mother's Day!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Icon_flower
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 8th May 2010, 1:39 pm

Happy Mother's Day KNH!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th May 2010, 9:02 pm

Ok soft pink...gotcha!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th May 2010, 9:39 pm

KNH, Relax, Relate, Release...LOL! ROTFL at your Chic-Fil-A experience. Sometimes certain people act very entitled and as if we don't matter. You let him have it, deservedly so. But like you said be careful out there. Folks are crazy!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th May 2010, 10:49 pm

LMAO @ Chick-Fil-A. But I would've snapped on him too. People just don't THINK anymore!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 11:15 pm

I'm gonna need you to find something to eat at home when you have a not so great day at work. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th May 2010, 12:41 pm

Happy Mother's Day

WOW - love that big ole Puff ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 7:56 am

Happy Monday Ladies!!!

I want to thank everyone for your Mother's Day wishes. I had a wonderful day and I pray each of you did as well.

Nothing new with Penny...wore my puff until I did my regiment late Saturday night. Let me tell y'all I got so much attention with THAT there puff this weekend. Did a lot for my ego for real!! I had several men tell me that they really liked my hair. In fact Saturday I went to a birthday party at a friends house (who is lock'ed) and I had on my Thank God I'm Natural t-shirt. Her brother (who by the way is a tall good looking caramel brother) and uncle were like..."So you're natural? Well natural looks good on you baby!" I really didn't know how to respond, so I told his sister that I would get her a I Love My Locks t-shirt, (for her birthday) and her brother was like what type of t-shirt are you going to get me? (he's bald y'all) Oh several things came to mind, and it had nothing to do with getting him a t-shirt!!! WHEW!!! lol! Her uncle wasn't a bad looking dude either..."dang it I never have my camera when I really need it!!!!"

I tried a couple new products....got so so results. I used AOHSR conditioner as my deep conditioner (still like KBB moisture locks better) and tried a different brand of EVCO. My hair had a lot of moisture...maybe too much cause it took my w&g like forever to dry. So...I will revisit the AOHSR at a later day, and go back to my ole brand of EVCO. I just thought coconut oil was all the same, but like I'm mentioned before Penny seems to like expensive products!! Not sure what her deal is....but she driving me crazy!! LOL

I had a very busy weekend, and I haven't had a chance to do my product review. (its coming I promise)

Well off to check on a few threads. Hope everyone has a great day.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 10th May 2010, 8:12 am

Hey KNH!! Didn't forget about you!! I"m figuring out this editing thing on my camera and I"ll get my tutorial to you! Hope you fab had Mother's Day!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 8:15 am

Hey CG...

No problem....Just let me know, and let me know when you figure out how to edited. That has been a challenge for me as well!!!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day...one of the best!!

Thanks for stopping by...and have a great day hun...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th May 2010, 8:21 am

Hey hun just stopping by. I am so happy that you had a wonderful Mothers day.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 12:31 pm

So I've been trying to find a conditioner that I can subsitute for Bed Head MM...only because of the cost. I love BB MM, but $21.99 I don't love!! There are a lot of culies that are raving about this Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner that I just had to try it. In fact one curlie compared it to Bed Head MM. So off to Ross I go with no luck...I'm like..I can't every find the good stuff at Ross, TJMaxx or Marshalls here in Houston. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Icon_evil

So I head to Walgreens and they had it for $8.99; not bad, it wasn't $3.99 but it wasn't $12.99. Anyway, I had to co-wash this morning because I think I used to much moisturizing products in my hair which caused my Sunday hair to be a little dull. So I co-washed with Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner this morning. I was like what is the big deal...it smells like paint and the nerve to compare it to....what is going on (I'm thinking as I'm co-washing my hair) the SLIP IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Icon_eek I was masaging my scalp and it was like ALL of the tangles (and I don't have many) were just going away. I WAS IMPRESSED!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Icon_eek I'm telling you I didn't want to wash this stuff out!!! Did a cold rinse and begin to read the ingredients...there is some good stuff in THIS here conditioner y'all. I mean like spinach, cucumbers, olive oil..I'm like were they trying to make a salad or a conditioner! I don't know but this stuff is the BUSINESS!!!

Maybe it's me, but it made the difference in my w&g..see

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Debora74

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 3 Debora75

Can I say SOFT!!! Penny is sooo soft and curly it's unbelieveable!!! I've embraced the shrinkage and actually I understand now why Sweet says she loves shrinkage!!

Nubie told me to find something else before I went broke buying BB MM...well I did!!!

Don't sleep on this one ladies.....y'all really need to try this stuff for real!!

We I'll be back around lunch time...got a lot of work on my desk!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 10th May 2010, 12:59 pm

Hey KNH,

Nice review on the YTC ... I've had that bottle a plenty of times in my hands at Target and always left the store without it. I'm heading back to get it. It doesn't have cones in it right? Also good for color treated hair.

Penny looks great - what else did you use beside the YTC for your WNG?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 10th May 2010, 1:09 pm

lol KNH I told you it was awesome!!! hahaha. Your WnG looks great & I really love that color!

After I used the YTC conditioner the first time, I didn't have to wash my hair again for like 3days which is usually difficult for me. My curls stayed so soft and defined, I loved it!! lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 10th May 2010, 1:11 pm

1st of all KNH...I hope you left that party with a phone number, dinner date, lunch date..something!!

and 2nd, YAY to you for the success with YTC! Its always great to find a product that makes you do a double take.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th May 2010, 1:13 pm

Wow YTC a dupe for BH MM. Hmmm.... thanks for making that comparison. I'm halfway thru my 21 oz bottle of BH MM.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next