CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 1:15 pm

Hey BBD~

There are NO cones in this conditioner; unlike Bed Head MM..which does have one!!! I will post the ingredients tonight!!

I co-washed with YTCC then I put a little KBB hair milk,then Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner as a leave-in (I find the b&b to be a little drying so I make sure to layer moisture underneath) and then use the bumble and bumble curly foam.

I really need to post a review on this vs MiraCurl cause the B&B is a great product for several reasons. The cost will make you hesitate, but the results make it worth the cost.

I'm still in love with MiraCurl it is an awesome styling agent for puffs, but for my wash & go it is Bumble and Bumble all day! I ain't leaving this product. I know $26.99 is a lot, but I look at it like this...I use to pay $25 a week at the beauty salon back in the day; whereas, I've been using Bumble and Bumble for about a little over a week, almost two!!! (this is what I'm telling myself) KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_smile

Plus I can purchase it from the HEB that JnB told me about here in Houston and not amazon!!!

HTH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by krazy coils 10th May 2010, 1:16 pm

The wng looks awesome! I really need to check out this conditoner.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 1:20 pm

Hey CCC

Mstokes did the first review comparing YTCC to Bed Head MM and she was right...it is just as good without any cones!!! All natural for real. I'm going to post the ingredients tonight when I get home...in fact I just found the ingredients online..see below:

Ingredients
Aqua (Water) , Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract , Cetearyl Alcohol , Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract , Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract , Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water) , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil , Magnesium Chloride , Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract , Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil , Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract , Benzyl Alcohol , Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil , Calendula Officinalis Oil , Maris Limus (Silt) Extract , Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract , Parfum (Fragrance) , Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil , Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract , Lactic Acid , Centaurea Cyanus , Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract , Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract , Dehydroacetic Acid

I didn't research the ingredients but I'm so glad I tried it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 1:21 pm

Hey krazycoils...

I just posted the ingredients above for CCC...do check out the conditioner if you can!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 1:23 pm

mstokes...

Thanks again for your review. I had heard about the YTCC but until you compared it to Bed Head MM I really didn't give it any consideration!!! I thank you much sweetie!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 10th May 2010, 1:35 pm

Hmmm...I'm going to have to try this when I finish my DE Organic Coconut! I'm in love with it and I'm wondering if I'll love this YTC, too! Definitely on my wish list...thanks for the review!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th May 2010, 1:37 pm

You know, I see this Yes To Cucumbers conditioner in the drug store, but I always leave it alone because I'm trying to get through my Giovanni conditioners. I may just give it a shot once I'm done with what I have. Glad you had a great weekend! Enjoy your Monday! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 1:37 pm

ALatina...

I so left that party with nothing, but Mr. Xander and my cute puff! I'm not agressive at all, so he will have to make the 1st move (which I believe he did) and the 2nd to validate the 1st cause he was drinking. Don't want to blame it on the ACHOLOL!! (singing Jamie Fox's song)...ROTFL.
His niece is on the drill team...trust me I'll see him again!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Drunken_smilie I just hope its not when I have on my matron uniform. THAT is a hideous mess, and does nothing for me or Penny! ROTFLMAO

Yes it does feel great when you find that right product. Just waiting on my KBN order and hoping that it will be my HG for twists!!! BBD and Sweet are really rocking awesome twists with KBN...hope I can do the same!! **wishing** KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th May 2010, 1:42 pm

KNH, Glad you had a nice mother's day and enjoyed yourself over the weekend, after the Friday you had. I'm happy to see you liked the Yes to Cucumbers. It is realllly good. I plan to make that a regular part of my product rotation. I've actully been going to different Ross stores in my area trying to find it. For $3.99 I couldn't help myself. And the products are so good I don't know if I want to use it as a co-wash (which I did and enjoyed) or as a leave in. I'm thinking co-wash and use one of my other even better quality ingredient products as a my leave in (like Oyin HH, etc.).

Anyway, go on with your bad self. Got those brothers admiring you and Penny! I agree with AfricanLatina....I hope you left with more than just the compliments. LOL!!

Here are the ingredients to BH MM. I don't think it has cones in it. If so, I'm glad I haven't used it in a while. I just like my Oyin HH better. I only remember that because MahoganyCurls uses/used it regularly and she follows the CG method. It does have parabens though.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acid, Orange 4 (CI 15510)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 10th May 2010, 1:48 pm

You know, I keep seeing the YTC and bypassing it.... well, I guess I won't next time.... =)
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 1:53 pm

@CG ~ glad I could share. mstokes shared first, and its up to us to spread the knowledge!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

@LadyM ~ its definitely one to watch...thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 10th May 2010, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 10th May 2010, 2:01 pm

I hope you have success with the KBN. I'm trying to use up my many products. So this twist challenge is helping with the butters I have.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 2:03 pm

Morning Dva~

I swear I saw a cone on my bottle...I'm going to check that out tonight after I get home.

Oh..yeah you mean Thursday at Chick-Fil-A. Mrs. Jenkins at my church suggested I try this method: Pause, Pray & Proceed. This will be my new approach to situations....I pray!!

I love Oyin Honey Hemp Condition as well!! I use it as my leave-in...time to order again, so if I run out before my order comes in I'll just use YTCC. You know you can use this stuff on your body, and it has broccoli extract in it as well!! This is straight up salad in a bottle...LOL

Have a great day Dva!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 2:06 pm

Hey CC~please don't pass it by; trust me you will be pleased!!! If not, I'll buy it from you!!!

@BBD~I do too...I want to wear a twist out so bad I don't know what to do...I'm so jelly like Nubie says. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th May 2010, 4:32 pm

Hey KNH! So, you loved Yes to Cucumbers huh? I tried that yes to carrots and it did nothing for me. Luckily it was a sample bottle and I only had to pay $2. I will check out yes to cucumbers next. And your wash and go was fierce. What bumble and bumble product do you use?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th May 2010, 5:36 pm

Pause, Pray & Proceed...LOVE IT! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 6:57 pm

@poetic I tried the YTCarrots as well and like you I didn't really care for it at all, but the Cucumbers is the business!!! So I'm going to try a little experiment in the morning. I've yet to get 2nd day hair with Bumble and Bumble...not that I've tried, so I plan to mix a little YTCC, Mineral water, Jojoba oil and a little peppermint & lavender oil. Hope I can bring these curls back to life in the morning!!! I'm using the Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Curling (?) Foam!!

@Dva.....you just got to love it...now I got to put it into action!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 10th May 2010, 7:13 pm

Hey KHN! How are you today?

I'm with you on the Yes to Cucumbers...I caved and used it...I LOVE IT! It's made a difference in today's hair...it MOVES! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 7:16 pm

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 678474 See TheRYL1...that's what I'm talking about!!! I was so impressed!! My hair is not moving KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Lol ...but it's still soo soft!!

I'm so glad you like it!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 617583
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th May 2010, 1:18 pm

Morning Ladies...

Woke up this morning and my hair was still soft. Well...softer than is usually is when I use Bumble and Bumble. I contribute that to Say Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner. I think that I'm just heavy handed with my products, and that is why I have to co-wash so much.

Anyway...I co-washed again this morning, and now I'm back in a puff. Had to do something that I could wear the rest of the week, and not have to shampoo for a few days!!! (or at least until my KBN comes in)

Anyway...I did my puff with MiraCurl products...that butter cream is the business my hair and puff are really moist!! I used a little bit of Ecostyler gel for my edges on top of the butter cream, and a little MiraCurl to finish off my puff.

Nothing else new except that I need to make a correction...Bed Head MM does not have a cone...it has 1 protein. Thanks Dva for bringing that to my attention. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 4 Icon_smile

Have a great day ladies

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 11th May 2010, 1:29 pm

Hey KHN...THANK YOU! LOL Yes, I'm feeling the Yes to Cucumbers; I hope it lasts!

I love your puff! My hair just will not puff up to that extent yet...hahahaha!

You know, that's been my problem, too...keeping second day hair. I had a 3-day twist out when I made smaller twists (I think..lol)...maybe I'll try smaller ones tonight to be sure.

Have a wonderful day KNH!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 1:49 pm

Great Review KNH!!

that WnG looks wonderful. I have the Yes to Carrots. I am going to have to fine this one. I am almost out of my BHMM!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 11th May 2010, 2:44 pm

I was just thinking this morning in the shower (I get a lot of thinking done in there) about asking for suggestions on another great conditioner I can go to a store & buy. *Taking notes* Yes...to..Cucumbers.. How many ounces is the bottle?

Your hair looks great!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th May 2010, 2:51 pm

Thanks JCurl...

It's 16.9oz....I know what you mean about getting a lot of thinking done. I do my thinking on my drive to and from work!!!

Thanks for stoppin by!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 11th May 2010, 2:53 pm

Hey KNH!! I just read and responded to your post in my thread. You are too funny, girl!!!

So have you tried the YTC shampoo, too? I'm really considering giving this condish a try. I'm seeing so many great reviews!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next