CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Split Ends

+5
dajewel
oooop2
newcurlieque
Lotusfairie
missqueenlene
9 posters

Go down

Split Ends Empty Split Ends

Post by missqueenlene 12th May 2010, 4:07 pm

Do you ladies know of any good products to mend split ends?
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Split Ends Empty Re: Split Ends

Post by Lotusfairie 12th May 2010, 4:55 pm

As far as I know, there is no actual way to mend split ends. They have to be cut. There are a few products out there that try to make split ends less visable, but they are still there.

Anyone that knows more, please correct me if I am wrong, because I would love something that mends them as well.
Lotusfairie
Lotusfairie

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 12th May 2010, 5:42 pm

Unfortunately the only solution for split ends is to trim them. They will not mend.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 12th May 2010, 5:44 pm

^^^You're right. Can't mend split ends. Best thing to do is to cut above the split. Also look for incomplete split. Keeping your ends properly moisturized will help in reducing split ends.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 12th May 2010, 6:45 pm

i agree with the others. its all about preventative measures: protective styles, making sure has enough moisture and strength and sealing
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 14th May 2010, 12:34 pm

if your ends are rough is that split ends? once i apply shea they smooth out, but i wonder if I should trim these off?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 14th May 2010, 12:36 pm

What is the best way to teim your ends? My beautician, says that I need to at least blow dry my hair first, but I already have curl pattern dammage due to heat. Looking for alternatives, because my curls are a mess now....
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 14th May 2010, 1:04 pm

Why are stylists trying to convince us we need our hair straightened before a trim/cut? They really need additional training with textured hair. Not everyone including other ethnicities other than blacks have curly or tightly coiled hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 14th May 2010, 1:18 pm

If the ends are rough, it doesn't always mean they're split. They're the OLDEST part of the hair, so they need extra attention, or they will become dry and brittle--leading to split ends. You CAN trim them if you like, but trim ABOVE the dry/rough/split hairs.

As for how to trim the hair, you DO NOT have to straighten your hair for that. You can trim your hair in its natural state. You can go to a natural salon (if there's one in your area), a BARBER (but make sure to LET THEM KNOW that you want a TRIM, they WILL chop you up if you don't! lol), OR you can do it yourself: two strand twist your haie, and cut off the very ends. This method isn't accurate, but you're cutting off so little that any uneven spots will go unnoticed.

Hope this helps!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 14th May 2010, 2:03 pm

@ladymika, yes i have been trimming my own ends I had heat damage and my ends were straight and i have been trimming away, but it think its uneven now and want a cut...but frustrated that no one can do it without blow drying...i guess i may be a little scared, lol
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down