CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd July 2010, 1:20 pm

Here are the pictures of the twists and twist out I was telling you about. I used Afroveda Hemp Seed Lock Twist and Roll Butter. And loved the results (despise the smell!). I am not home yet so I will wait and do my full review later today.

Twists

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Comic-p

Twist-Out

In terms of definition, I would say this has been one of my best twist outs so far. I was really able to achieve the spiraly pattern I with two strand twists. I still need to work on the positioning of the twists, but I think I have the twist itself down. And like I said before, I really like the product I used. It gave me a good firm hold, but wasn't hard.

And, not sure if ya'll can tell, but my twists are getting longer! Yay for growth!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by jlowman1 2nd July 2010, 1:53 pm

Goooo growth! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_cheers

Your twists/twistout looks great JnB! & great definition! I'm still trying to get to a point where I can wear my twists out. My hair is really fine and they always look too scalpy to me.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd July 2010, 2:24 pm

Nice growth there JnB! I noticed it right away. Looking good. Can't wait to see the review. It seems like your hair liked the afroveda product- yes?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd July 2010, 3:07 pm

OMG I love it! Go head Lil Sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd July 2010, 3:23 pm

hey jnb!! (aint forgot about ur package)!!

i came to check on those tresses girl Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin good job. ur tresses are stretchin out nicely!! cant wait to see ur fro...i know this curl street is gonna be HOPPIN sunday!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd July 2010, 3:28 pm

GET IT! LOL

And yes, the growth is evident! YAY! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd July 2010, 5:14 pm

jnb...LMAOOOOO!!! im watchin ur video of cuttin ur hair at 3am and i HAD to run over here n holla at u, lol. i was laughin so loud at my desk becuz yes its sooooo true...u always hear about chez whitey girls who always cut their hair. this one lady at my job..her 5 yr old cut her hair and it ended up all uneven.

this is so funny i came across this vid (im catchin up on my subscriptions) cuz i just finished watchin chisselle's explanation on her cut (which i didnt think she needed to do) but yes black women have a seizure Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Affraid if u step into the salon for a trim. my little sister thinks she'll walk out wit an amber rose from a trim Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rolleyes . i think becuz we are so hung up on looong hair that the thought of scissors near our heads scare us. **hold on...im watchin ur hands shake while u cut, lol**

well i must say...ive seriously been contemplating cutting my hair but not just a trim Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_neutral . im tryin to make it to my full year before i do cut it since im personally documenting my growth but umm, quite honestly im not press to have long hair. i even cringe now becuz i can remember when i was 4 wit a head full of long thick hair that took too long and i just dont have the patience at my age now. i have my hats off to chrs, tia, moptop maven and everyone else with long luxurious hair becuz i can tell u RIGHT NOW...u will NOT ever see my hair that long Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Kopfschuettel . when my hair stays long for tooo long i get bored with it and im always lookin for a change. change is good and i love ur video's...please keep em comin!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 2nd July 2010, 7:22 pm

Love your twistout results! You have some major growth, doll! You look too cute!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 3rd July 2010, 12:03 am

Your twist and the twistout results are lovely and yes I can see the growth!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd July 2010, 2:16 am

jlowman1 wrote:Goooo growth! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_cheers

Your twists/twistout looks great JnB! & great definition! I'm still trying to get to a point where I can wear my twists out. My hair is really fine and they always look too scalpy to me.

Thanks! Perhaps try making them smaller. That should help with the scalpyness.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Nice growth there JnB! I noticed it right away. Looking good. Can't wait to see the review. It seems like your hair liked the afroveda product- yes?

Yes, my hair loved it... I just don't lol.

sweetdrk1 wrote:OMG I love it! Go head Lil Sis!

Thanks Sweet!

NubieNatty wrote:hey jnb!! (aint forgot about ur package)!!

i came to check on those tresses girl Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin good job. ur tresses are stretchin out nicely!! cant wait to see ur fro...i know this curl street is gonna be HOPPIN sunday!!

I was wondering about the package. Lol. I may have to do my fro on Saturday... I'm going to a pool party on Sunday lol

TheRYL1 wrote:GET IT! LOL

And yes, the growth is evident! YAY! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin

Thanks! I'm glad!

NubieNatty wrote:jnb...LMAOOOOO!!! im watchin ur video of cuttin ur hair at 3am and i HAD to run over here n holla at u, lol. i was laughin so loud at my desk becuz yes its sooooo true...u always hear about chez whitey girls who always cut their hair. this one lady at my job..her 5 yr old cut her hair and it ended up all uneven.

this is so funny i came across this vid (im catchin up on my subscriptions) cuz i just finished watchin chisselle's explanation on her cut (which i didnt think she needed to do) but yes black women have a seizure Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Affraid if u step into the salon for a trim. my little sister thinks she'll walk out wit an amber rose from a trim Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rolleyes . i think becuz we are so hung up on looong hair that the thought of scissors near our heads scare us. **hold on...im watchin ur hands shake while u cut, lol**

well i must say...ive seriously been contemplating cutting my hair but not just a trim Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_neutral . im tryin to make it to my full year before i do cut it since im personally documenting my growth but umm, quite honestly im not press to have long hair. i even cringe now becuz i can remember when i was 4 wit a head full of long thick hair that took too long and i just dont have the patience at my age now. i have my hats off to chrs, tia, moptop maven and everyone else with long luxurious hair becuz i can tell u RIGHT NOW...u will NOT ever see my hair that long Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Kopfschuettel . when my hair stays long for tooo long i get bored with it and im always lookin for a change. change is good and i love ur video's...please keep em comin!

Lol. Thanks! My white friends used to always cut their own hair. I'm like Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Fresse ...Yea, they do have alot of hair... I'm trying to get on that level lol.

CurlsGalore wrote:Love your twistout results! You have some major growth, doll! You look too cute!

Thanks! I'm glad

krazy coils wrote:Your twist and the twistout results are lovely and yes I can see the growth!

Thanks! Glad ya'll could see it. Makes me know I'm not just imagining things. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd July 2010, 2:34 am

Ok, here's my review...

Afroveda Hemp Seed Lock Twist and Roll Butter

Ingredients: Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Herbal Oil Complex, Sweet Almond Wax, Carnuba Wax, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, and Love

Overall Thoughts: I LOVE this product. It gave me the best twists ever! But I don't know if I'll be re-purchasing...

Pros: This product gives the BEST definition. It made my hair have a VERY GOOD hold. But it was not crunchy. Like it was hard, but didn't feel rough. If that makes any sense. I think it was the use of the wax. I know alot of people stay away from waxes, but I think my hair responded well to it. It wasn't beeswax, so I think it was more friendly. It also gave my hair shine and it felt moisturized when I was applying it.

Cons: The ONLY bad thing I have to say about this product is that I HATE THE SMELL!!! Omg! I previously purchased the Afroveda Shea Amla Butter. I couldn't stand it, so I didn't even bother to try it and gave it away. It was scented with Frank and Myrrh just like the Lock Butter. The only reason I went ahead and purchased this butter is because I orginally thought it was the Frank and Myrrh itself that I couldn't stand. But after smelling some Shea Moisture products with the same EOs and loving it, I assumed it was just the Shea Amla. So, I took a chance with the hemp seed. Well, UNFORTUNATELY, it has that same awful smell. And it doesn't go away. It lingers. I left it on the counter (CLOSED) and I still smell it everytime I go in the room. On my hair it was like torture! The only reason I tried it is because I regretted giving away the Shea Amla without even giving it a chance. SMELLS ARE DEAL BREAKERS FOR ME! I have allergies. I can't bear it. But it just REALLY sucks because I LOVE THE PRODUCT!

Will I Repurchase?: NO! Like I said. Smells are deal breakers to me. As much as I love the product, I just can't tolerate it. I will use it up... but... Afroveda is coming out with a bare unscented line on July 4th. I'm supposed to be on a no order challenge. However, if she comes out with a similar unscented product, I will purchase it and give this one away...

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rr Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rr Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rr Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rr Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_rr /5... I would have given it a 4 because of the smell. It's really a big deal. The only reason I didn't is because I'm glad that she's taken her complaining customers into consideration and is coming out with an unscented line. To me, that means she has been listening and is deciding to respond. That is characteristic of good customer service. I will continue to support this product line, even if I don't repurchase this particular product. (BTW, I LOVE the Cocolatte Moisture Mask and the Pur Whipped Gelly).

And finally, here's some comparison pics...

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Comic210

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Comic10

Is it just me or did my hair grow in just a month??? WOW!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd July 2010, 3:50 am

Wow JnB thats some great growth in like a month!!!! And that twistout was amazing!!! But ITA with you on the smell thing. My allergies aren't to bad but alot of smells I just can't deal with it and therefore will pass up an otherwise great product, but it somewhat keeps my PJ in check... sometimes lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd July 2010, 7:03 am

mstokes2008 wrote:Wow JnB thats some great growth in like a month!!!! And that twistout was amazing!!! But ITA with you on the smell thing. My allergies aren't to bad but alot of smells I just can't deal with it and therefore will pass up an otherwise great product, but it somewhat keeps my PJ in check... sometimes lol

Yes I'm excited. My hair is doing really well I think... Yea, smell doesn't really help with the PJism because when you order online you never know. But of course, it keeps me from repurchasing. I'm really looking forward to her BARE line. I'm not supposed to be ordering, but I think it's worth it. Especially since her products are staples in my regimen.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd July 2010, 1:36 pm

Hey JnB!!

As soon as I looked at your pics, I noticed some growth. Go GIRL!!! The twists and twist out looks great!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd July 2010, 2:32 pm

First, I feel you on smell, I'm sorry, but if I can't take the smell, it's not going on my hair. My hair is too close to my nose for that. But your twists did come out lovely, I bet you can get the same results with a good shea butter mixture. I can't remember, have you ever made your own? That's what I use on my twists, and my hair seems to love it.

Second, that IS some amazing growth between twists, good job!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd July 2010, 7:59 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey JnB!!

As soon as I looked at your pics, I noticed some growth. Go GIRL!!! The twists and twist out looks great!!!

Thanks! I'm glad to know I'm not just imagining
things. Lol

Muz wrote:

First, I feel you on smell, I'm sorry, but if I can't take the smell, it's not going on my hair. My hair is too close to my nose for that. But your twists did come out lovely, I bet you can get the same results with a good shea butter mixture. I can't remember, have you ever made your own? That's what I use on my twists, and my hair seems to love it.

Second, that IS some amazing growth between twists, good job!

I agree. Like I said, I only tried this one is because I regretted giving the Shea Amla at least a chance. I have made a shea butter mix, but only for my skin. I have so much stuff already to use for my hair. Lol. When I finish it all, I might just do that. I'm sure it's much simpler and cheaper.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd July 2010, 8:33 pm

Look at your length, your hair grew fast and you retained all of it from the looks of your comparison pictures. I know it feels good.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hey lady!

Great challenge! I'd be willing to participate at a much later date! I'm going to keep peeking in though to see what I can learn or add.

Oooh, I want to try that conditioner. I have not found it locally Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_cry .

Which conditioner? The Lustrasilk Organic?
I could not find it locally either. I got it in a swap. I did find the Shea and Mango one though.

priceless wrote:The concert do was fab i love the earrings. You all looked great at the concert I missed the concert in nyc and my cuz went and had nothing but good things to say.
I have thought about the same challenge as you with the store products, thinking what i can get my hands on in the store quickly instead of waiting for shipping. The waiting has been killing me.

Thanks! Come on over and join us.
Yes, that's the one. Gotcha re: swap find.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 3rd July 2010, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected formatting)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 3rd July 2010, 10:53 pm

Hey JNB,

I love the definition I get from the Afroveda butter also. I never tried the Hemp Seed butter but I do use the Shea Amla, but the smell doesn't bother me so I've continued to use it. I guess I'm immune to it (lol). Hopefully she will have the same version with this new line just unscented.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd July 2010, 11:19 pm

soooooo when u get the unscented one I WILL TAKE the hemp seed...thanx Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd July 2010, 11:37 pm

Um, yeah your hair definitely gained considerable growth in a month. Way to go! Looks fantastic. Your twists look really great too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th July 2010, 12:25 pm

All I can say is "amazing." I love your twists and I can definitely see your growth. I am happy for you.

"Do yo' thang girlfriend!"
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:56 pm

Hey JnB...I posted you picture in my thread..go check it out!!! Sending you a PM!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th July 2010, 1:01 pm

That growth is Awesome!! Bravo!
I saw your pic in KNH's thread..looking good lil sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th July 2010, 1:33 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey JNB,

I love the definition I get from the Afroveda butter also. I never tried the Hemp Seed butter but I do use the Shea Amla, but the smell doesn't bother me so I've continued to use it. I guess I'm immune to it (lol). Hopefully she will have the same version with this new line just unscented.

Well, not sure if you checked out the line. But no sign of a styling product and nothing but outrageous prices! Sigh...

NubieNatty wrote:soooooo when u get the unscented one I WILL TAKE the hemp seed...thanx Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin

Yea, looks like she didn't come out with anything. I'll probably just use it and deal with it... sigh... unless u have something else I might wanna try... Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 20 Icon_biggrin

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Um, yeah your hair definitely gained considerable growth in a month. Way to go! Looks fantastic. Your twists look really great too.

Thanks Dva!

coilykinks wrote:All I can say is "amazing." I love your twists and I can definitely see your growth. I am happy for you.

"Do yo' thang girlfriend!"

Thanks Lil Sis!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey JnB...I posted you picture in my thread..go check it out!!! Sending you a PM!!!

I posted your pic today too!

sweetdrk1 wrote:That growth is Awesome!! Bravo!
I saw your pic in KNH's thread..looking good lil sis!

Thanks Big Sis!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th July 2010, 10:32 pm

When I saw your pics the first thing I thought of was definition. I can definitely see what you mean.

Scent is a funny thing isn't it. One man's meat is another man's poison. I hear you! I can't stand some products for the same reason.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next