CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 27 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by priceless 11th August 2010, 2:17 am

work it work it work it. but stay sweet no naomi attitude lol you look nice gurrrrrrrrrrrrrl did not know that you was that tall can i have your height for a month pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 27 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by SheeTacular 22nd August 2010, 8:43 am

Hey Hot Mama!!

I love the hair, the fashion show...everything. Keep up the good work.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd August 2010, 9:11 am

Hey JnB...

What have you been up to? Just stopping by to check on yah!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd August 2010, 3:39 am

Hi everybody. Sorry I've been MIA. I missed ya'll. Let me scroll through and see what I missed here, then I'll start doing some updates.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd August 2010, 3:51 am

I just read through everything. Since I didn't see any specific questions, I'd just like to give a big huuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you to all! Thank you for your warm comments. I had alot of fun at the show. And I have come a long way with my hair in terms of growth and styling.

This has been a wonderful journey. And I'm excited about what the future holds. It's weird saying this, but I think the honeymoon period with me and my hair are over. I love it. Don't get me wrong. But I think I'm not as obsessed with it as I was in the beginning. As in, even though I visit the product sites and stroll down the hair aisle in EVERY store I go to, I have been very good about not making purchases. I don't have that same itch to buy everything in sight. There's still some things I'd like to try in the future, but for now I'm pretty satisfied and am just using what I have. As far as styling, I've pretty much got that under control also. I know what works now and what does not. And I love experimenting with different things. I'm having lots of fun. Which is actually why I'm NOT as obsessed. It sounds weird but. It's become apart of me now, not some outside thing that I have to constantly dwell over. If that makes any sense.

But don't worry. I'm not leaving ya'll. I still check in on the site at least once or twice daily, but I don't dwell for hours on end like I used to. And I've still been taking pictures. Honestly, I've just been too lazy to post them. So to make things easier on myself, I'm gonna be doing slide shows for a while. At least until I get ya'll caught up and can make smaller posts at a time. So, here's just a small taste of what I've been up to...

So, here's an explanation to read while you watch.

I did a length check. I feel like I'm not retaining as much as I should. But I always say that. Lol. So tell me what ya'll think.

I'm finally getting a lil hang time when wet. I can't wait till it gets longer and flops even more. But it's definitely coming along. I love my lil coily q's.

I did my signature puff with a bang. I wore it for my cousin's bday. And also the next day to church. In the pink, check out the vintage earrings I convinced my grandmother to let me have. Aren't they awesome???!!!

I think I saw this on youtube, but I decided to try a sid puff. I like it. It's just something different you can try with your hair to change things up. Puffs can be boring. But they're so practical. And most of my styles end up there at some point before wash day. So this just gives it a lil flair.

I decided to try something different as a protective style. So I got a half wig. It's very cute. I got positive feedback. But I'm not sure how I felt about it. It isn't the same as when people compliment my natural hair. They say "I like your hair" But what they're really saying is "I like the purchase you made" When I get compliments on my natural hair, I feel like it's actually complimenting ME. But I will definitely be using this wig for winter protective styling and bad hair days.

Anyways, I promise to do better about checking in. I will also try to make it down Curl Street more often. I have a few more updates on the way. See ya'll soon.
Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 27 DGzhdEKvxD-rswCf0rgNUH8Uve9REmry?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 23rd August 2010, 4:51 am

that denim romper was cute! so are the vintage earrings...and the side puff...i wanna try that...the half wig was cute too!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 23rd August 2010, 3:40 pm

I love the denim romper too! You look great and your hair really is growing! It's just difficult to tell because it's on you and you see it everyday.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd August 2010, 4:30 pm

Love the new avi! Your hair is growing and you are retaining length (lol). I think we all think our hair isn't growing but you can see it in the pics.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd August 2010, 5:54 pm

I actually really like that side-puff, I may have to steal that one. LOL! Glad all is going well with you!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 24th August 2010, 12:48 am

Yeah, I'll definitely be stealing that side puff, love that idea. I love the denim romper, you looked fab in it and the earrings and the puff with the bang.....I like it all!!! Love the new avi too!!! Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 24th August 2010, 1:20 am

I love all the different pics and I really like your twist.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th August 2010, 10:10 am

Love all the pics!!! Very cute romper!! Wooo, you have a LOT of shrinkage!!! Yes, you are retaining length!!

I feel you about the honeymoon being over. I visit a few blogs and I am on here from time to time but mostly as a lurker. CurlStreet has gotten too long so I only visit on one side of town. I havent meet any of the new neighbors. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 27 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 24th August 2010, 2:02 pm

Hey JnB! That slideshow is poppin!! You and your hair are just beautiful and I think it's growing tremendously! But I feel you about not seeing the growth yourself. I feel like my hair could grow 8 inches and I'd still be saying "why isn't my hair growing fast enough?" LOL
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 24th August 2010, 2:40 pm

Hi Juices n Berries ! I love your pictures from the fashion show you truly did work it and your hair looked awesome !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th August 2010, 7:57 am

I can't see the show on my iPod, I will watch later from home. Love the Avi lil Sid. I am glad to see your post, I was worried about you. Will be back later
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st September 2010, 5:26 pm

JnB, you look absolutely beautiful. I'm loving your styles. You did your thing during the fashion show. Love your outfit your aunt made--your shape is va-va-bam Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 27 Icon_biggrin .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th September 2010, 2:20 am

WOW JNB,
Your hair looks great in those pics. I love the new avi too. cheers for growth retention.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 9th September 2010, 10:55 am

Hey, just getting caught up on your journal. Love the pics at the show. You looked so pretty and the slide show....well......Honey your hair has definitley grown.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th September 2010, 7:55 pm

Wow! You look absolutely beautiful. The clothes are gorgeous.

I haven't been to your house in awhile. Your hair looks fantastic and I'm loving the new avi.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 11th September 2010, 10:19 am

Hey lovely! It's been a long time since I stopped by and I'm loving your avi and slide show! You're hair is bomb, chica! I'm totally going to try the half wig, too, this season. It's really cute, but I'm a sucker for your kinks and coils! Keep up the good looks, doll!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th September 2010, 5:47 pm

i cant see the slideshow either Mad so i'll check when i get home. glad to see u back though cuz we missed u Very Happy
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 12th September 2010, 12:53 am

So, I haven't been here in a while - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair, clothes and makeup. You are gorgeous!!! You are truly a hair inspiration!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th October 2010, 3:05 pm

So here's some random pics of me and xal up until about september...

So what have I been up to while I've been gone:

1. I wore mini twists for a month and a week! Aren't you proud of me! Yay!

2. My mom did a BC. I'll show ya'll pics later. But I get frustrated with her because she doesn't want to take my advice. She's one of those "I heard people" Like if someone, even someone who isn't natural says something is good she does that. Oh and she's anti-natural products. She thinks it's going to "do something" to her hair. Lol. Like this weekend. I told her I would make her some oils for her hair. She went out and bought these capsules with oil in it for $30! And they're tiny. And all it says is natural oils. Whatever that is. I coulda mixed up some coconut and olive oil right there in our kitchen. But they "work good" so she says. Even though she used them when she was relaxed and they never made her hair look any better or grow faster... but i digress. We will see what the outcome of that is. I guess me and her will be a comparison test to see if products really matter. If her hair is ok, then I guess that's something to consider... One good thing though, every now and then she "hears" about something relavant. And the PJ in me isn't mad. She said the other day, "Have you heard of mixed chicks conditioner" I just grinned. Hoping she's buy it. Lol.

3. I'm starting to hate shrinkage more and more. I realize that my hair is indeed growing. When I pull and stretch it, I can clearly see that each month it's getting longer. Nonetheless, no matter what style I do, even stretched styles (twists, banding, etc) my hair still LOOKS the same length as it did ages ago. So it isn't that it isn't growing. It just hasn't gotten long enough to look longer. I think I have about 99.9% shrinkage. In fact, my wash and go has gotten bigger. But my stretched styles don't look too much bigger than my wash and go. Lol. That's how I KNOW shrinkage is indeed the culprit... but i digress.

4. Pretty much doing the same stuff as before. Nothing new. Nothing creative. I'm not bored. I'm just busy. Oh but I still wouldn't trade my natural hair in for anything.

I'll put more pics soon. Toodles.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th October 2010, 3:14 pm

Welcome back JnB!

Xal is DEFINITELY on the grow! Keep up the great work! Very Happy

I'm still trying to get my mom to convert over but every time she asks me for advice and I give it to her, she gives me an excuse as to why it won't work for her! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th October 2010, 3:19 pm

Oh WOW!!! Your hair has grown so much. It looks like our hair is about the same length (your sides are longer than mine).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next