CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few questions

2 posters

Go down

A few questions Empty A few questions

Post by CombatCurls 7th May 2010, 8:09 pm

Okay so i had a few questions and i decided this would be the best place to pose all of them at one time.

1. Does it matter if henna is done on clean or dirty hair?

2. I've been on this crazy moisturizing kick but after a few comments from friends and coworkers i think i may be insane. Why do i say this? I have other friends who are natural and when they touch my hair they swear it's soft but for some reason to me it just feels coarse. Also everyone at work always comments on how springy it is and ask me how i get it to be so springy and i know that my hair wouldn't do that unless it was moisturized, but for some reason i still don't feel like it's moisturized enough, but then i thought about it and realized that the way it feels now it has always felt that way, so this led me to think that maybe i've been to busy comparing my hair to the wrong people's hair if that makes sense. This leads me to my next question. For as long as I remember i've been the girl with the thick coarse hair my hair is so resistent to straightening that my mom ONLY pressed it for easter when i was younger because by the time she was done with one side the other side had already started to revert back. So i spent most of my years in braids. After i got my first perm I was always the girl that stylists underestimated as far as hair i would warn them that my hair was coarse and resistent but they wouldn't listen which led to constant underprocessed hair. So is there anything more that i can really do? I don't think there's really a cure for coarseness is there? Any help would be greatly appreciated cause I'm tired of searching for holy grails especially if i'm just throwing money away trying to get my hair to look or feel a certain way it never will. Sorry for such a long post!
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

A few questions Empty Re: A few questions

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 11:27 pm

Question Number One: I dont henna but I've read that it should be done on clean/clarified hair

Question Number Two: How often do you deep condition? Sorry, there is not cure for coarse hair.

What products are you currently using? What is your regimen?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CombatCurls 10th May 2010, 2:41 pm

i deep condition about once a month i'm on a 1 yr protective style challenge, and i'm using kinky twists, i'm gonna up it to once a week since i've learned how to dc with kinky twists in. Currently I have had a product junkie relapse, but here's my current rotation. Shampoo 1 x a week using loreal everpure(the one for moisture). Cowash with either, giovanii TTT or 50/50. Moisturize with aloe spritz and seal with mizani coconut souflee. Oil scalp every other day with castor oil. DC with YTC mud mask or honey suckle rose.
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down