CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Questions!!!! Empty Questions!!!!

Post by Jasy 2nd December 2010, 6:08 pm

Hey Ladies, I am 9 months post and I am just now starting to experiment with my hair. I recently bought an all natural rosemary and tea tree bar of soap and I wanted to know if I could use it on my hair. I am also curious about protien and moisture balance. Do you all have any tips on how to balance the two. I don't have a daily hair regimen either so I am willing to try anything. Thanks Smile

Pics of soap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Questions!!!! Empty Re: Questions!!!!

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd December 2010, 6:16 pm

im also in transition and it has been 9 months Smile idk about the soap but i wash my hair with with black african soap because shampoos dry my hair out way too much ,
i don't really have a regiment from what i understand about moisture/protein balance our hair needs protein and you should always condition moisturize after a protein treatment i do 1 every 6 weeks if you are experimenting breakage etc than you should do 1 more often i suppose
As far as regimen i don't really have one i wear a lof of protective styles especially wigs so my hair is always cornrowed i wash every 2 weeks i moisturize daily with water and my whip shea butter every other day i seal with either wild growth or jojoba oil i use giovanni conditioner and leave in
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 2nd December 2010, 6:23 pm

Thanks a lot that's helpful. What kind of protien treatment do you use I am not experiencing any breakage really but I know that I still need to do a protein treatment. Also what are some of you other protective styles.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd December 2010, 6:41 pm

I use the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment , i wear wigs most of the time so my hair is in cornrows underneath them sometimes i wear my hair in a bun
Also i forgot to mention i Deep condition every time i wash my hair i been using the jane carter line conditioner and i mix it with honey and olive oil , next time i wash i want to try avocado , honey and olive oil , than im a try to the banana , olive oil and honey ... that should hold me up until i buy some more Deep conditioner , i also always use a leave in i use Giovanni direct leave in but i mix it with Castor or olive oil and aloevera juice it moisturize like no other Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 3rd December 2010, 3:06 am

Ok thats great info because I had no idea about how often I should do protien treatments or deep condition so thanks a lot Very Happy. Im going to try Aphogee as well as mixing different oils into my leave in and deep conditioner.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 3rd December 2010, 4:32 am

yes do that it has done wonders for me so far , my next step is to try avocado oil , castor oil i heard those oils also work wonders when do you plan on cutting the perm hair ? im a do mines in APril
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 3rd December 2010, 11:56 am

I haven't really made plans for it I cut an inch off about 3 weeks ago but i don't plan on doing the bc anytime soon. I'm just going to let me hair do its thing. I'm really kind of scared to chop it all off.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 3rd December 2010, 11:24 pm

LOL i know me too im a pretty much wear protective styles until i can at least put all my natural hair in a ponytail than ill cut the ends off , i hope to have a decent lenght in april Smile ,
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 3rd December 2010, 11:48 pm

I wish you luck... I think im in this for the long haul though lol im very reluctant to change when it comes to my hair. Im going to do a flat twist out tomorrow I pray that it comes out decent.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th December 2010, 9:31 pm

Jasy wrote:Thanks a lot that's helpful. What kind of protien treatment do you use I am not experiencing any breakage really but I know that I still need to do a protein treatment. Also what are some of you other protective styles.

Hi Jasy!

I just wanted to add that you may not necessarily need something as potent as Aphogee unless your hair is damaged. My shampoos & conditioners(usually Aubrey Organics which are natural) all contain at least one type of protein. Also many conditioners offer both protein and moisture. In addition to Aubrey Organics, I have used Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner(soy & wheat protein) and David Babaii Hydrating Conditioner(blue algae protein).

What products are you using now?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 9:45 pm

Hi Jasy. I think the Rosemary soap would be fine for your hair. Especially since it says it's Vegand and 100% Natural. Rosemary is supposed to be very good for the hair/scalp, promoting growth. So I say use it and see how you like it.

Not too sure what to tell you about the protein treatments as I have never done one before. I wouldn't even know which products to recommend. I may try one one day when I figure out which one to use.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 6th December 2010, 2:12 am

@FalconTress thanks for the product tips. I am using cantu shea butter as a leave in (I don't really like it though), I use olive oil replenishing conditioner by organic as a dc, I use herbal essence hello hydration conditioner. I have not used shampoo much but when I do I use nioxin scalp therapy shampoo the ingredients aren't all natural but I love the way thier shampoo and conditioner makes my hair feel. I also use various oils like olive oil, tea tree oil, and africas best herbal oil. I've recently purchased apple cider vinegar but I have yet to rinse with it im not really sure about how I should go about using it.

@misskris I tried the shampoo bar and I love it I am going to buy more of them they have different kinds of natural soap bars with different ingredients. I thought that it wouldn't get very suddy but I was wrong and it didnt leave my hair feeling stripped.
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 6th December 2010, 2:28 am

[quote="Jasy"]Hey Ladies, I am 9 months post and I am just now starting to experiment with my hair. I recently bought an all natural rosemary and tea tree bar of soap and I wanted to know if I could use it on my hair. I am also curious about protien and moisture balance. Do you all have any tips on how to balance the two. I don't have a daily hair regimen either so I am willing to try anything. Thanks Smile

Here is the link to a great article about the protein and moisture balance. There is a hair test at the end of the article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasy 6th December 2010, 2:46 am

Omg thanks for this article I scanned through it and I think I am pretty balanced I just need to try to maintain balance and I was super excited to see some of my products on the list at the end. Thanks again Very Happy
Jasy
Jasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down