CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Questions!

3 posters

Go down

2 Questions! Empty 2 Questions!

Post by aprilj90 23rd November 2010, 11:40 am

Hi Ladies!!

Ok I have 2 questions and would love ya'lls input.

1. I've heard aloe is really good for your hair. Is it a sealant or moisturizer? And what's the difference between aloe vera gel and regular aloe vera?

2. Are denman brushes used for transitioning? And whats so special about a denman brush? lol clue me in!!

aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

2 Questions! Empty Re: 2 Questions!

Post by laleepop14 23rd November 2010, 12:20 pm

Hey aprilj90... well Im gonna only go based off of my experience with aloe vera gel and my denman brush.

I have only used aloe vera gel a few times but t worked for me as a curl definer and also as a mositurizer sometimes for my afro puffs. I ordered mine from mountainroseherbs.com and loved it and am just waiting to restock for Black Friday...LOL. I dont realy know what the difference is but I believe one is a juice/liquid form and the other is in a gel form. Not too sure.

I have the paddle Denman brush but just recently started using it. I bought it quite some time ago when I was transitioning but then realized it wasn't the infamous Denman that everyone was talking about. But I must say I love this brush for detangling. It is not like a regular brush, well the paddle one anyway. I hardly have any shed hair and it is very quick. It is also on the bigger side which works for detangling more hair at a time..

So this is only my experience and I cant vouch for everyone else and their experiences!!!

HTH some...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 23rd November 2010, 2:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.

So the brush won't make hair break at the demarcation point? The only thing I use to detangle is a wide tooth shower comb, how does it compare IYO?

aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 2:54 pm

aprilj90 wrote:Hi Ladies!!

Ok I have 2 questions and would love ya'lls input.

1. I've heard aloe is really good for your hair. Is it a sealant or moisturizer? And what's the difference between aloe vera gel and regular aloe vera?

2. Are denman brushes used for transitioning? And whats so special about a denman brush? lol clue me in!!

I can help with number 1. Aloe is a moisturizer. Some have stated it is a humectant also. You can use aloe straight from the plant or purchase it in juice, gel or gelly form. I have used it in moisturizing spritzes and alone. I am not sure of your question "...what's the difference between aloe vera gel and regular aloe vera?" I use the Lily of the Desert brand.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down