CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

damage hair do i cut or not?

+2
CurlsGalore
priceless
6 posters

Go down

damage hair do i cut or not? Empty damage hair do i cut or not?

Post by priceless 7th May 2010, 6:44 pm

So I have only been natural since march 23, 2010 and am still trying to figure out how to work my hair. I have always wanted to go natural but was always scared how much of a mess I may look. Three weeks after my BC I was bored and decided to flatiron my hair with my Chi flatiron. I use the protective serum product that is part of the Chi line and thought everything was going to be fine. Well I was wrong. The whole back bottom of my hair did not want to curl back up. I wanted to cry. I have since gotten the middle of the back of my hair to curl back up but the sides are a straight mess. It looks like I permed the sides of my hair. talk about someone so frustrated and don't know what to do? I was told by a couple of non naturals that I need to cut it. I was told by others that I need to transition those pieces? Please help anyone
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

damage hair do i cut or not? Empty Re: damage hair do i cut or not?

Post by CurlsGalore 7th May 2010, 11:41 pm

Hi Priceless! How often did u flat iron your hair? What heat setting did u use? Its likely that you may have heat damage. If ur hair won't revert back you have manipulated ur curl pattern completely. Have u tried washing and conditioning ur hair again to see if it changes? If so, and no reversion back to ur curl, unfortunately, you'll have to start over and clip the damaged ends.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 8th May 2010, 12:17 am

i have washed it 3x. I have cowashed it 5x and its been this way for 2 wks now. The chi does not have a settiing on it and the heat protectant i used as recommended(also part of the chi line). It is jus the sides by my ears that are straight and a hot mess. i did 2 strand twist and rolled it to kind of look like something but it still hangs longer then the other hair. ahhhhhhhhhh I messed my newly beatiful hair up because i was bored. lesson learned.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th May 2010, 12:21 am

So I am leaning more to cutting it. Should I go to a barbershop/salon or do it myself? getting kind of discourage to doing things myself since I did my major hair booboo
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 9th May 2010, 12:53 am

Definitely cut it, I think. Next time, just use a flat iron with a heat setting like the Sedu and make sure you DC previous to blow drying. You live and you learn, I guess.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirlinastraightworld 9th May 2010, 11:42 pm

Priceless I just cut my heat damaged hair yesterday and I say go for it. Its better than dealing with hair that wont curl anymore Trust Me. I have no regrets about my cut.

Last edited by curlygirlinastraightworld on 10th May 2010, 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
curlygirlinastraightworld
curlygirlinastraightworld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th May 2010, 11:53 pm

I'm sorry about your hair mishap. If you dont feel like transitioning it, definitely get it cut. If you go to a barbershop, be very clear in what you want done. I've hear a few horror stories from trips to the barbershop.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th May 2010, 2:16 pm

thank you all for replying. I think i am going to cut it this weekend jus trying to find the rite place in houston? A place that knows what they are doing?
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th May 2010, 2:29 pm

Check with Juices n Berriez. She has mentioned a natural hair salon in the Houston area.

***update - I sent her a message to come here to this thread.***
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th May 2010, 2:35 pm

thank you lynnieluve i will look her up
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th May 2010, 2:41 pm

Hey there. Id definitely suggest you chop the ends. Since you just bc'ed it will be easier to get it over with now. I have heard mixed reviews on the barber shop experience so I'd say no. The natural hair salon I go to is Zayds Naturally Natural. It's off Almeda and Blodgett. The have some excellent stylists there. Other natural hair salons in the area are Uncle Funky's Daughter and Circle of Peace. I'm most familiar with Zayds so if u would like the number send me a pm. I can give u my specific stylists name. HTH
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th May 2010, 2:44 pm

Yay!!! JnB to the rescue!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down