CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

twist outs

4 posters

Go down

twist outs Empty twist outs

Post by brittany_smiley 11th November 2009, 7:18 am

soooooo i have my hair straight for now bcuz i need to go get my ends cut..............but i was lookin around and i saw the twist outs (cut its back to my wash and go when my ends rr cut) and i really like em and i wanna try em cuz they look cute and i hate when my hair gets patted to my head at night so it shud help alot. my question is how long should twist outs last because when i wash and go its usually everyday or everyother day. i wash it wiith conditioner though............ yea so how long does it stay or can i just re twist a few every now and than cuz if soo that would b great (sorry 4 sayn cuz so much)
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

twist outs Empty Re: twist outs

Post by *CurlyNikki* 11th November 2009, 10:01 am

Depends on how wild you sleep, and the products you used to set them. Mine can last anywhere from 2-7 days. You'll have to figure out what works for you--sleeping with the twist-out out on your satin pillow case, sleeping with the twist-out up in a high, loose pony, re-twisting before bed, sleeping in a bonnet (the least sexy, lol).

Once you figure out what works at night, you can play around with styling conditioners and stylers (gels, curl creams, setting lotion), to see which gets you 4th and 5th day hair. I've learned that the harder (stiffer) the set on day 1, the longer it will last. When my hair is too soft and fluffy on day 1, I usually only make it one more day before I have to pull it up for the week.

hth!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 11th November 2009, 12:14 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:Depends on how wild you sleep, and the products you used to set them. Mine can last anywhere from 2-7 days. You'll have to figure out what works for you--sleeping with the twist-out out on your satin pillow case, sleeping with the twist-out up in a high, loose pony, re-twisting before bed, sleeping in a bonnet (the least sexy, lol).

Once you figure out what works at night, you can play around with styling conditioners and stylers (gels, curl creams, setting lotion), to see which gets you 4th and 5th day hair. I've learned that the harder (stiffer) the set on day 1, the longer it will last. When my hair is too soft and fluffy on day 1, I usually only make it one more day before I have to pull it up for the week.

hth!

the bonnet is so UNSEXY it's ridiculous, lol! Every time i wear it, it reminds me of the wolf from little red riding hood for some reason [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 11th November 2009, 1:57 pm

the bonnet is so UNSEXY it's ridiculous, lol! Every time i wear it, it reminds me of the wolf from little red riding hood for some reason

Okay, I just laughed out loud here at the desk. You know that's exactly what it looks like!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 11th November 2009, 2:10 pm

Courtie wrote:

the bonnet is so UNSEXY it's ridiculous, lol! Every time i wear it, it reminds me of the wolf from little red riding hood for some reason

Okay, I just laughed out loud here at the desk. You know that's exactly what it looks like!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AHAHAHAHAalsjdlkjakljsd I'm over here dying!!! Thats the EXACT image i had in my head!!! Pink and everything, LOL!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down