CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackberry Users or non users

+10
BlondeByDesire
Kittabug
DvaAuNaturel
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
naybesa
creolebeauty1
Ambitious_Tiff
naturally.yours
j. kinky
Ebbz
14 posters

Go down

Blackberry Users or non users Empty Blackberry Users or non users

Post by Ebbz 2nd January 2011, 9:03 pm

I want a Blackberry and I plan on upgrading my phone tomorrow, however, I don't want an internet/data plan. Can I still get the phone without the internet plan? Whenver I go on the Tmobile website, it says the phone requires one but I don't think I should HAVE to get one.

And if you don't use a blackberry please let me know if you know someone who DOES use one without the internet...
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Blackberry Users or non users Empty Re: Blackberry Users or non users

Post by j. kinky 2nd January 2011, 9:15 pm

I got a bb and i think all of them have the net and wifi. Maybe crackberry.com will be able to give more info
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 2nd January 2011, 9:24 pm

Since you're upgrading your phone through a company, I'm not sure. I have a BB, but I want and have the unlimited data plan. My roommate also has a BB, that was purchased from a store that sells used phones, and she doesn't have the data plan.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd January 2011, 9:44 pm

I am seeing on the internet that you can use a lot of apps through wi-fi and you don't have to have the data plan, but i also know that there are some phone companies that won't sell you a BB without a data plan. We have a contract with T-Mobile, but I will be doing my upgrade at RadioShack(idk if they will sell it to me without a data plan) because they have the BB I want for free and I did my last upgrade with them with little problems. My mom hates going to the T-Mobile store. lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 2nd January 2011, 10:09 pm

I don't blame your mother! I've had bad experiences with T-Mobile. I no longer have T-Mobile so I can't comment on their policy. I'm thinking, though, if this company requires that all smartphones have a data package, as AT&T does, if you upgrade through them or an authorized dealer you would have to have that package put on. It's cheaper to upgrade your contract, but I'm almost certain if you purchase the phone outright they can't tell you what you have to put on it. (This is based on my personal experience)
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd January 2011, 10:26 pm

I used to work for Sprint and currently have T-Mobile service. You're actually better off to just get the plan. It's prolly best to get it anyway to avoid unneccessary charges that could ending up costing you more than the plan would have in the first place. Have seen this senario too many times and it usually doesn't come out the way the customer hopes it will. (i.e. NO REFUNDS/CREDITS). This happened to my sister with her BB Pearl and she ended up with a ridiculous bill that was totally avoidable. Good luck.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd January 2011, 10:30 pm

thank you ladies for your help! my mother pays our bill and she refuses to pay that extra $10 for the cheapest data plan so if i have to then i will but $10 a month is a lot of money to me because i'm not working, thats why i was trying to avoid it.

can i get it this month and then call and get it taken off next month?
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 2nd January 2011, 10:40 pm

I hate plans...I got a boost mobile (who's with Sprint) and i got both data and net....only $60 a month....no contract
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd January 2011, 10:45 pm

j. kinky wrote:I hate plans...I got a boost mobile (who's with Sprint) and i got both data and net....only $60 a month....no contract

Yeah my bf has SmartTalk with unlimited everything for only $45 a month. If I was working, I would do that and just tell my mom to cancel my line on her plan.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd January 2011, 11:01 pm

viva my iphone 4 lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd January 2011, 11:15 pm

Ebbz wrote:thank you ladies for your help! my mother pays our bill and she refuses to pay that extra $10 for the cheapest data plan so if i have to then i will but $10 a month is a lot of money to me because i'm not working, thats why i was trying to avoid it.

Basically certain phones, like BBs, HD2s, and G2s, are designed to work at full capacity with a data plan. Buying certain phones without the neccesary supporting software is no different than buying a car without all of the neccessary parts. Yes it may run but you're eventually going to get tickets b/c for not having proper equiment and then you have to get the part anyway. Have you considered getting a different phone to avoid the issue all together? I mean, you're saying your mom doesn't want to pay the extra $10 a month; how do you think she will react when she gets a bill with an additional $50-$60 on it? confused I'm just saying...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 2nd January 2011, 11:19 pm

Ebbz wrote:thank you ladies for your help! my mother pays our bill and she refuses to pay that extra $10 for the cheapest data plan so if i have to then i will but $10 a month is a lot of money to me because i'm not working, thats why i was trying to avoid it.

From what I was told by an AT&T representative, I could get the data plan taken off whenever I wanted to. I'm not sure how true that is, especially with other companies. You know different representatives will tell you different things. Rolling Eyes
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 2nd January 2011, 11:22 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:

Basically certain phones, like BBs, HD2s, and G2s, are designed to work at full capacity with a data plan. Buying certain phones without the neccesary supporting software is no different than buying a car without all of the neccessary parts. Yes it may run but you're eventually going to get tickets b/c for not having proper equiment and then you have to get the part anyway. Have you considered getting a different phone to avoid the issue all together? I mean, you're saying your mom doesn't want to pay the extra $10 a month; how do you think she will react when she gets a bill with an additional $50-$60 on it? confused I'm just saying...

Great points! I also wanted to add that my rommate, who doesn't have the data plan, has no access to the internet so she is never charged. However, she regrets not having the data plan. I think it's a waste to purchase as Tiff said, parts of the phone. Why purchase the BB if you can't reap its full benefits?

You could see if your mother could go half on it with you? That's what I did, because I didn't have the $30 to kick out every month.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naybesa 2nd January 2011, 11:40 pm

u dont have to have it because its different from the text message plan but its advised that you have it
naybesa
naybesa

https://www.youtube.com/NayBesa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 3rd January 2011, 12:16 am

naturally.yours wrote:
"it's a waste to purchase...parts of the phone." Why purchase the BB if you can't reap its full benefits?

You could see if your mother could go half on it with you? That's what I did, because I didn't have the $30 to kick out every month.

Amen. Going half with your mom is actually a good idea. She may be more apt to consider this.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 3rd January 2011, 12:40 am

creolebeauty1 wrote:viva my iphone 4 lol

cheers
#teamiPhone
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd January 2011, 1:43 am

RIM, Research In Motion, who makes Blackberry devices have contracts/requirements with mobile carriers that require a data plan with their devices. There isn't really a way to get a Blackberry without a data plan (that's legitimate).

I questioned my data plan (Verizon Wireless service) when I had my BB and was told the above information.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 3rd January 2011, 2:40 am

Thank you for all your responses ladies. I really want the phone so I guess I will sacrifice and get the plan. I really don't want another full touchscreen and T-Mobile has a very slim selection of phones anyway, especially free upgrades so the Blackberry is really my top choice.

But again, thank you all for your help Smile
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 3rd January 2011, 7:55 am

Hi! I work for T-Mobile. You can purchase a blackberry without the data plan, but you'd have to pay full cost for it. It's better to get the data plan so you can use everything without worrying about additional charges (up to $50). There are other phones that don't have data requirements that you can get depending on the features you like. HTH Very Happy
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd January 2011, 11:59 am

I have a BB on verizon - I believe you have to get a data plan on their network. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

I say get the cheapest data plan - you can accrue substantial charges without one.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd January 2011, 1:59 pm

Ebbz what my mom did when she wasn't sure she wanted the data plan was call Tmobile and they let her try it for 30 days for free. Idk if its the person she talked to or what but its worth a try if you want to see if you would actually use it or not.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn1980 3rd January 2011, 2:02 pm

I have a BB and put the data plan on it when i first got it. I recently took it off due to some financial issues i'm working and it works just like a regular phone. I'm with Sprint and they told me at first that I had to have the data plan but i found out later that you do not have to have it. Hope this helps.

dawn1980

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 3rd January 2011, 2:22 pm

Personally, I have Sprint and you can't have an active BB without the data plan (you could always have it you just couldn't use it lol) Anyway, I opted for the cheapest data plan I could get which cost me $70 (the same as my previous plan.)
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 3rd January 2011, 5:15 pm

I have a BB & I thought you needed the data plan. Apparently that's not true. Honestly, why buy a smartphone w/o the net? It's the main feature that you will use the most on the phone. As for BB, the next most important feature is BBM & you MUST have a data plan. Doesn't make sense to get a BB if you don't want to use all the features, especially BBM.

do your research on crackberry.com before you buy.
HTH

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down