CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does moisturized hair feel like???

+9
ChrsLvsBks
krys419
rayray19
Poundcake921
CrissyQ
Umph
Lynnieluve
Nali1987
Neems
13 posters

Go down

What does moisturized hair feel like??? Empty What does moisturized hair feel like???

Post by Neems 7th October 2010, 5:22 pm

For the past few weeks I've seen multiple posts regarding moisturizers and I must say I'm confused. I have finally figured out what my moisturized 4a/b fine, coarse and prone to dryness hair feels like. For the most part I know that when my hair dries it will never feel the same it did when wet. However, it doesn't feel dried out like someone sprayed alcohol on it. It's dry(no longer wet from washing), stretches a bit and feels slighty soft; does that mean it's not moisturized properly.

On The Natural Haven Jc said that dry is actually normal. So I'm asking, what does your moisturized hair feel like.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What does moisturized hair feel like??? Empty Re: What does moisturized hair feel like???

Post by Nali1987 7th October 2010, 5:40 pm

Basically it feels soft. When it's dry, it's snappy and brittle.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

What does moisturized hair feel like??? Empty Re: What does moisturized hair feel like???

Post by Lynnieluve 7th October 2010, 7:06 pm

My hair feels soft when it's moisturized. It doesnt feel as soft as it does when wet but it is still soft.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 7th October 2010, 7:34 pm

soft not dry or brittle
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th October 2010, 7:37 pm

Like lynne said soft, but not as soft as it is when it is wet. Some of my curls feels like they are packed with moisture. It just got this way after 6 months.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 7th October 2010, 8:13 pm

It feels like cotton balls or what a bouncy cloud would feel like lolll
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 7th October 2010, 8:40 pm

lol i agree with poundcake my friends always say me hair feel like a soft cotton ball or a fluffy poodle
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 7th October 2010, 10:18 pm

It just feels fluffy.

Yes it can feel a little dry but not to the point where when you rub it together you hear it crunching

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th October 2010, 11:38 am

It feels like a chenille sweater/blanket.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 8th October 2010, 11:44 am

It tends to feel fluffy and soft. Also, it looks good
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 9th October 2010, 2:22 am

besides the soft feeling, I like to take my hair between my fingers and twirl next to my hair if I can hear my hair I know it dry. I know it sounds crazy, but that one of my hair checks.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 10th October 2010, 12:06 am

This assessment is from the article cited below:
Wet Assessment Hair Breakage Break Down

If your hair:

(When Wet or Dry) Stretches slightly and returns to its original length without breaking, you are balanced! Stick with maintaining!

(When Wet or Dry) Stretches a little more than normal then breaks, you need more protein in your regimen.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
(When Wet or Dry)Stretches, stretches, stretches with no significant breakage yet, add a bit more protein to your regimen.

(Wet)- Feels weak, gummy, mushy, or limp, you need to add more protein to your regimen.

(Wet or Dry) Experiences very little to no stretching, and simply snaps or breaks, you need to increase the moisture in your regimen.

(Dry) Feels rough, tough, hard, dry, tangly, brittle, or any combination of those, you need more moisture in your regimen.

Unsure? Err on the side of caution and give your hair more moisture. So now that you have figured out what type of hair breakage you have, what should you do?

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana 10th October 2010, 5:16 pm

soft, cottony, spongy, smooth. When I squeeze my twists, I dont hear chrunchy sound.

FYI, if you use gels your hair might sound crunchy
Alana
Alana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down