CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krazy Coils,

+68
queenshakirah
CurlyJay
Freestyles
kinksncurls
funkyhairchic
mizcreativelyme
jeanlouisangel
MrsSunshinz
swoodward
kim
Treece
laleepop14
naturalmommyGA
thetiffany
newcurlieque
Ebbz
BlondeByDesire
nattyblog
Fabulousat50
Intelligentbeauty
AfrikanLatina
Buttercup76
jlowman1
Serenity23
HappyCurly
iri9109
AshElleAye
WhosThatRedHead
CocaColaCutie
coilykinks
priceless
QuietButterfly
curly-me-naturally
LaToya28
mstokes2008
.:Eden:.
NhappyJackie
CocoEuro
Neems
Karyn
Muz
DvaAuNaturel
ChrsLvsBks
Notthecoolmom
Heart2Worship
exhale1913
CrissyQ
Curly_Aquarius
soleil
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Mom2KurlyT
curlsunfurled
KinkyNappyHappy
LadyMika
NubieNatty
mrsmackey
BrownSkinDiva
bholmes87
TheRYL1
missmoriah
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
krazy coils
72 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Krazy Coils, - Page 20 Empty Re: Krazy Coils,

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th August 2010, 3:30 am

Hey KC,
I had to stop by here because your avi looks FIERCE!!
Your hair looks well moistured and soft. Just beautiful!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th August 2010, 9:20 am

Hey KC...

Just wanted to stop by and see what I've missed. I see you got everyone going with that one word...COLOR!!!

lol! I'm going to keep doing henna's until I get color you can see in the dark!! LOL

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

TTYL

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th August 2010, 12:35 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey KC,
I had to stop by here because your avi looks FIERCE!!
Your hair looks well moistured and soft. Just beautiful!! Very Happy

Hey IB and thank you! Glad to see you posting again.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey KC...

Just wanted to stop by and see what I've missed. I see you got everyone going with that one word...COLOR!!!

lol! I'm going to keep doing henna's until I get color you can see in the dark!! LOL

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

TTYL

KNH

Hey KNH!

I know everyone loves color, but I'm not ready to commit to anything permanent yet. I do miss coloring my hair but I want to wait a little longer and research to see what will be best for my hair when I do color again. For now it will just be semi-permanent color.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th August 2010, 1:30 pm

krazy coils wrote:

CrissyQ wrote:I hate shrinkage

Lol, Crissy, me, you and everyone else.

Actually, I rather love shrinkage. LOL. I feel like I have a secret from everyone else as far as how long my hair REALLY is, plus, it's good for keeping my hair OFF of my neck and the sun off of my scalp in this hot summer. The only think I don't like is detangling it ~lol~
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th August 2010, 9:17 pm

Hey KC,
How areyou ?

Your twists are looking fab as usual. You thinking about color, hmmm. I'm right with you. I'm def going to the salon. Can't wait to see what you do when you do it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th August 2010, 10:17 pm

Muz wrote:
krazy coils wrote:

CrissyQ wrote:I hate shrinkage

Lol, Crissy, me, you and everyone else.

Actually, I rather love shrinkage. LOL. I feel like I have a secret from everyone else as far as how long my hair REALLY is, plus, it's good for keeping my hair OFF of my neck and the sun off of my scalp in this hot summer. The only think I don't like is detangling it ~lol~

Hey Muz,

I actually love shrinkage on the back of my hair which grows faster and longer than the rest of my hair. I actually do the back of my hair when its still wet to make sure that it shrinks up off of my neck and shoulders because stretched its actually collarbone length. Now the rest of my hair I style when its almost dry because its shorter. My hair is different lengths so I'm walking around with the back done and the rest still up waiting on it to dry (lol).

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KC,
How areyou ?

Your twists are looking fab as usual. You thinking about color, hmmm. I'm right with you. I'm def going to the salon. Can't wait to see what you do when you do it.

Hey DVA!

Thank you and glad to see you posting again. Yes I've been thinking about color but I'm not ready to commit to anything permanent yet.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 15th August 2010, 11:18 pm

Hey KC! Just dropping by to say hey! I see you debating on color. I'm sure you'll find the right shade for your tresses. Between S23 and Sweet, they're making want to dabble in a little color, too. I love my black hair, so I'm going to pump my brakes until I'm ready for another change! I'm sure Kalla will be hot with your new look!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 15th August 2010, 11:25 pm

Color..... yeah!!! Krazy Coils, - Page 20 Icon_cherry
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 17th August 2010, 8:10 pm

Hey Krazy Coils as always your hair is beautiful!

I am enjoying your hair journey because your hair reminds me so much of my daughters. Her hair is super thick and long. What do you use to wash and deep condition your hair? I have bought oyin and afroveda for my hair, and I am considering using this on her hair to do mini twists. This weekend I may try afroveda to start. Whatever tips or product suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th August 2010, 10:14 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey KC! Just dropping by to say hey! I see you debating on color. I'm sure you'll find the right shade for your tresses. Between S23 and Sweet, they're making want to dabble in a little color, too. I love my black hair, so I'm going to pump my brakes until I'm ready for another change! I'm sure Kalla will be hot with your new look!

Hey CG,

Yes I've been thinking of color but I don't want to commit to anything permanent yet, and then I was thinking I love my hair darker in the fall and winter so I will be holding off for now.

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Color..... yeah!!! Krazy Coils, - Page 20 Icon_cherry

LOL!

coilykinks wrote:Hey Krazy Coils as always your hair is beautiful!

I am enjoying your hair journey because your hair reminds me so much of my daughters. Her hair is super thick and long. What do you use to wash and deep condition your hair? I have bought oyin and afroveda for my hair, and I am considering using this on her hair to do mini twists. This weekend I may try afroveda to start. Whatever tips or product suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Coilykinks and thank you!

Right now I have three shampoos in my rotation. I alternate between Giovanni and Trader Joes Tea Tree shampoo. They're pretty much the same to me but the Trader Joes is definitely cheaper. When I'm trying to clarify I use Elucence MBC shampoo. I'm a conditioner junkie (lol) so there are quite a few that I like.I use the Trader Joes Tea Tree Conditioner but I don't like the one by Giovanni. I do love the Giovanni SAS but I don't use it every week because it has protein, I use this as a deep conditioner sometimes and I always add Olive Oil to it. I also have the Elucence MBC conditioner which I use as a deep conditioner too. I also use the Elasta QP Intense conditioner as a deep conditioner also.

I always add Olive Oil and sometimes Vegetable glycerine to my deep conditioners and I deep condition my hair once a week. I've tried the Oyin Honey hemp but it did nothing for my hair. I use the Afroveda Shea Amla and Pur Whipped gelly and they work great on my hair and I use the holy basil conditioner as a leave-in. I love Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and the Hydrating balm because it really adds moisture to my hair. The Shea Amla and the Qhemet's are my main two stylers which I will definitely repurchase. I also use the ORS twist and lock gel on my twists sometimes. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 17th August 2010, 11:34 pm

ok. Thanks! I will try the giovanni and I have only found the traders joe online. I will also try some of the other tips as well esp. the olive oil.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 7:28 am

I have learned the hard way that I now I have to let Kalla airdry in twists before styling. When my hair was shorter I would just let it dry without sectioning it off with no problem. Well I tried this yesterday and I had the worst detangling section while trying to put my hair in twists.

My hair coils up on itself anyway but I've never had a problem before when it was shorter but I was feeling lazy after I washed it and did not bother to put in any chuny twiststs No For the last three months I have put chunky twists in my hair and let it air dry before styling and now I know I will have to continue this to keep my hair stretched and prevent any tangles. I was gentle but it took Forever!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 19th August 2010, 8:58 am

Hey KC! Just stopping by to say good morning Very Happy
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th August 2010, 10:35 am

krazy coils wrote:I have learned the hard way that I now I have to let Kalla airdry in twists before styling. When my hair was shorter I would just let it dry without sectioning it off with no problem. Well I tried this yesterday and I had the worst detangling section while trying to put my hair in twists.

My hair coils up on itself anyway but I've never had a problem before when it was shorter but I was feeling lazy after I washed it and did not bother to put in any chuny twiststs No For the last three months I have put chunky twists in my hair and let it air dry before styling and now I know I will have to continue this to keep my hair stretched and prevent any tangles. I was gentle but it took Forever!

When you talk about Kalla, it sounds like you are talking about Roxie. What you described above is the reason why I dont wear wash n gos.

I am learning the longer my hair gets, the less I like twist done on wet hair (SHRINKAGE). I am not happy with the way they turned out this week Krazy Coils, - Page 20 Kopfschuettel.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th August 2010, 12:33 pm

Hey KC,
It's interesting to read you and Lynnie talking about your hair and twisting wet/dry and the tangles. I might have to try your method of throwing big chunky twists after washing, letting it partially dry and then do my flatwist/twist. I say this because for the past two Sundays I've let my hair air dry like a washngo and tried to flatwist. OMG! My hair was super tangled but I couldn't figure out why. And I had to really slow down because I was using the end of the comb to pull the hair apart at the ends and then got worried that I might be damaging it that way, so I used my hands. Anyway, I guess my hair coils up around itself alot. I'll try your method next Sunday and cross my fingers.

After your hair has dried and you let out your chunky twists before twisting do I need to spray it with water a little and apply my gel or can I just use a butter or other twisting product to help avoid shrinkage?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th August 2010, 12:45 pm

Hey KC! Just dropping by to say hello! Good morning.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 1:05 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hey KC! Just stopping by to say good morning Very Happy

Hey Mellowone and thanks for stopping by!

Lynnieluve wrote:
krazy coils wrote:I have learned the hard way that I now I have to let Kalla airdry in twists before styling. When my hair was shorter I would just let it dry without sectioning it off with no problem. Well I tried this yesterday and I had the worst detangling section while trying to put my hair in twists.

When you talk about Kalla, it sounds like you are talking about Roxie. What you described above is the reason why I dont wear wash n gos.

I am learning the longer my hair gets, the less I like twist done on wet hair (SHRINKAGE). I am not happy with the way they turned out this week Krazy Coils, - Page 20 Kopfschuettel.

Believe me I know how you feel, stretched styles work for me because I cannot deal with the tangles. When I first started plaiting and twisting my hair it would be really wet now I prefer my hair damp almost dry when styling.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KC,
It's interesting to read you and Lynnie talking about your hair and twisting wet/dry and the tangles. I might have to try your method of throwing big chunky twists after washing, letting it partially dry and then do my flatwist/twist. I say this because for the past two Sundays I've let my hair air dry like a washngo and tried to flatwist. OMG! My hair was super tangled but I couldn't figure out why. And I had to really slow down because I was using the end of the comb to pull the hair apart at the ends and then got worried that I might be damaging it that way, so I used my hands. Anyway, I guess my hair coils up around itself alot. I'll try your method next Sunday and cross my fingers.

After your hair has dried and you let out your chunky twists before twisting do I need to spray it with water a little and apply my gel or can I just use a butter or other twisting product to help avoid shrinkage?

Hey DVA!

I can no longer let my hair dry like a wash n go or it becomes tangle city. I spray certain sections of my hair before styling. The back and top of my hair take the longest to dry so its usually still damp when I start to style. But both of the side sections of my hair are coarser and have a tendency to dry faster so I always end up spraying that section to work through it, and since I spray it again it shrinks up again. So basically the twists on the sides of my hair are always shorter because of this. I think I read somewhere that the more product you have the less shrinkage but don't quote me on that Smile . I think if you have to spray a section with water and use your twisting product and gel it can help weigh the hair down and minimize shrinkage, but if the product has water as the first ingredient its going to add to the shrinkage.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KC! Just dropping by to say hello! Good morning.

Hey Poeticly! Thanks for stopping by.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th August 2010, 1:40 pm

Hey KC, stopping by to say hi
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th August 2010, 4:26 pm

Hey KC!

This weekend I'm going to try your flat-twist, 2-stand twist 'do. I'll let you know how it turns out! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 2:51 am

hey kc; the oyin condish didnt wow me but ive been pairin it with burnt sugar as a leave-in w/good results. QB amla is DEFINITELY a keeper and im debatin if i wanna just give my gf the burdock becuz she has finer hair and i think it would be perfect for her. i know some people say use creme in the summer time and butters in the winter. my hair can become dry all year round and using butters didnt effect it much this summer. i just knew not to use alot.

i will say too much of the amla made my hair greasy cuz i had to learn to NOT be heavy handed but so far the best creme i have is kbb's!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd August 2010, 9:31 am

Morning KC...

Just got caught up on your thread. You know I've noticed that my twists come out better if I start with chunky twists. I have to now because Penny drys so fast and like you stated I end up with a tangled mess!!!

Just wanted to check in and say hi!! **waving**

Hope you are having a great weekend!!! I love you

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd August 2010, 2:16 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Hey KC, stopping by to say hi

Hey Crissy!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KC!

This weekend I'm going to try your flat-twist, 2-stand twist 'do. I'll let you know how it turns out! ;-)

Can't wait to see it Ryl!

NubieNatty wrote:hey kc; the oyin condish didnt wow me but ive been pairin it with burnt sugar as a leave-in w/good results. QB amla is DEFINITELY a keeper and im debatin if i wanna just give my gf the burdock becuz she has finer hair and i think it would be perfect for her. i know some people say use creme in the summer time and butters in the winter. my hair can become dry all year round and using butters didnt effect it much this summer. i just knew not to use alot.

i will say too much of the amla made my hair greasy cuz i had to learn to NOT be heavy handed but so far the best creme i have is kbb's!

I am trying not to be heavy handed with products too because it can definitely leave you with a greasy look. I've also used butters this summer, I just alternate between using butters and creamy moisturizers on my hair. I think it depends on the look I'm going for. If I want a really defined twistout or braidout I use a heavy butter but if I want my look less defined and more soft and fluffy I use a creamy moisturizer.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning KC...

Just got caught up on your thread. You know I've noticed that my twists come out better if I start with chunky twists. I have to now because Penny drys so fast and like you stated I end up with a tangled mess!!!

Just wanted to check in and say hi!! **waving**

Hope you are having a great weekend!!! I love you

KNH

Thanks for stopping by KNH! The chunky twists definitely helpp with making styling easier. I learned my lesson this week to let my hair dry stretched.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd August 2010, 3:51 pm

hey sis, KNH sent me some oyin shampoo and I love it! It makes my hair geel so clean. I have not tried the conditioner yet but I am willing to order it. she also sent me KBN leave in conditioner, I dont think I like that one. LOL, I am going to give it one more try before I pass it on. I am going to try to twist my hair dry this week, using the bee mine products (which I love) to see what results I get.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd August 2010, 6:14 pm

CrissyQ wrote:hey sis, KNH sent me some oyin shampoo and I love it! It makes my hair geel so clean. I have not tried the conditioner yet but I am willing to order it. she also sent me KBN leave in conditioner, I dont think I like that one. LOL, I am going to give it one more try before I pass it on. I am going to try to twist my hair dry this week, using the bee mine products (which I love) to see what results I get.

Hey Girl,

I haven't tried Oyin's shampoo but I've heard its good. What didn't you like about the KBN leave-in? I've tried that and I liked it. Not sure I would reorder because I don't think they sell the small sizes anymore. I am glad you love the Bee Mine and if your're twisting your hair dry you will see more length Smile . Not sure if they still do this but if you give a review on the site on the product you like they will usually give you some sort of discount the next time you order so its worth a try.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd August 2010, 9:21 pm

Hey Curlies,

So I wore my hair in twists all last week and did a twistout on Saturday. Here are a couple of pics of my twistout.

Krazy Coils, - Page 20 01412

Krazy Coils, - Page 20 00912

I used to only finger detangle my hair in the shower with conditioner after I shampooed, but since it is growing I have had to change my detangling routine a little. I prepoo with EVOO the night before I wash and then I take down my hair and add more olive oil to my hair. Its similar to the way Kimmaytube detangles in her vids.

However I detangled before getting in the shower. I added the Olive oil and first detangle with my fingers then I went through with my shower comb to make sure I get the shed hair out. I did add a little water to each section with my spray bottle. So right now detangling before I shampoo is working for me.

I also tried out a new conditioner for my buffering method with my shampoo. Garnier Fruictis Triple Nutrition. This is a thick creamy conditioner that has slip. This will be a repurchase for me. I am back in twists until later this week.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next