CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CurlyNikki

+77
Rosemarie21883
TracyDee1962
~JOME~
cyclingchick
happy2bcurly
caracara01
Umph
Davina916
CurlyKye
swoodward
nattyblog
Mimi
CurlyChick
SisterBoyd
MahoganyCurls
marhia
ladykay6
Cherry: extraordinary!
curlyq145
tshala
kim
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Pinkrage
PanaR3dd
Nikcoils
missmoriah
dajewel
sweetface1118
tsa919
Smooth Jazz Luvr
sjoyreed
CocoEuro
Kea::curls
lumii
CSI
.:Eden:.
Keisha
Notthecoolmom
exhale1913
Curlz of Luv
AfrikanLatina
BrownSkinDiva
TheRYL1
Intelligentbeauty
TerraD
jamaicacurl
ChrsLvsBks
curlsunfurled
NubieNatty
Karyn
MellowOne
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
NaturalNixon
DvaAuNaturel
BajanPrincess82
bholmes87
TMS
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
CurlsGalore
mrsmackey
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
ktoliver5303
tiashaunteé
NylaCoils
CrissyQ
Muz
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
*CurlyNikki*
81 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

CurlyNikki - Page 3 Empty Re: CurlyNikki

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd May 2010, 6:49 pm

iri9109 wrote:gia is cute!! i like cute short names like gia, mia or ava...

or Tia

lol!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 3rd May 2010, 7:23 pm

Hi Nikki, so glad you kept the forum up. We have all bonded through the BnB challenge. I was only in it for a month and I feel like I have learned so much from my new culy net fam Lol. We really learn from each other and gain so much support. So glad the you joined in.

I told my Aunt about your site and she saw your pic and was like "Is that all her hair" lol. She hasn't joined the forum but she is stalking it and loves your hair, as do I CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .

Really like the name Gia Nicole. It is tough to pick a name. My hubby picked both of our kids names too. So not fair that they get the easy jobs.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 3rd May 2010, 7:34 pm

I vote for Gia Nicole, although I'm totally biased cause Nicole is my middle name too CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd May 2010, 9:54 pm

umm nikki...are u cheating bein on here CurlyNikki - Page 3 Suspect ??? swiper noooo swiping!!!

welcome!! i love baby bumps, too cute. gia is a cute name and one of my favorite movies. short names benefit in the long run cuz have u ever seen a kid havin a hard time learning their loooong name; ezekial tuwaun rueben jenkins III CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_eek folks be tryin to get too creative wit names cuz they wanna be "different" i.e. shaquwanna paris benz johnson CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes .
i like simone cuz mason's godfather named his daughter ava simone. such a classy name!!

the fun part is definitely shoppin but i quickly realized for my next go round all i want at my shower is DIAPERS N WIPES!! i can buy my own $3-10 onesies n socks, $5 outfits...keep that. a cute $5 outfit vs $50 for diapers n wipes!!! CurlyNikki - Page 3 Affraid

you'll see after a good 6 months u sittin there wonderin...why gia only used that changin table ONE time CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_scratch and then u frantically searchin for the receipt!! these lil rascals grow so fast **sniff**

i used ytcucumbers for the first time today, the smell is better than carrots. my hair is still wet now, so ill report my conclusion tomorrow. i found it at ross for 3.99 CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_bounce
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd May 2010, 9:56 pm

Nubie, you are so crazy but you are right about those diapers!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 3rd May 2010, 10:34 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:LOL! Tia! I watched Cleveland Show, then started Family Guy... then stopped Family Guy to watch Boondocks. I'll probably watch the rest of Family Guy in a minute. I love Thugnificient! Aaron McGruder is a genius... perfect critique. I was rolling when Uncle Ruckus said, '... and his monkey family.' That character is OUTRAGEOUS! Poor Huey... I feel him!

KNH, and NylaCoils, thank you! I definitely need all the help I can get! Probably with diapers more than anything!! do you think there's an online diaper registry somewhere?

Just as an idea. For a co-worker's baby shower, one of her friends added on the invitation to bring a pack of diapers (any size). The person's name would be entered into a "raffle" for a prize ( something nominal - I think it was a gift certificate to a restaurant). The co-worker had diapers for what seemed like a lifetime but, I'm sure she went through them quickly.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd May 2010, 10:37 pm

I thought I was on the wrong page when I saw your name. You look great pregnant, all baby!

I am terrible with naming so I will leave that to everyone else.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your hair and what you are using. I am such a PJ. I enjoy trying new things.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd May 2010, 11:05 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
iri9109 wrote:gia is cute!! i like cute short names like gia, mia or ava...

or Tia

lol!
lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd May 2010, 11:59 pm

Nubie is a trip but she is spot on about the diapers girl!!
Thank you for keeping this going! It's been so fun, helpful, and enlightening to say the least.
You look so cute pregnant:) I too like the name Gia. I also said if I ever have a girl, I like the name Paige.

I look forward to reading your journal:)
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 4th May 2010, 2:08 am

Yay! You're on curl street!!!! And so is little mama! You are such a cute little pregnant lady! Your belly is growing, too. As for names, I totally love Gia Simone. It is extra fierce. I also love the name Zoe.

We should totally have a cyber baby shower for you!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 2:17 am

i am laughing WAY TOO HARD at Nubie!!!! but sista is on it...after two kids, my next baby (cuz I claim him in JESUS' name!!!) will ONLY accept diapers and wipes....that's it...(in my Devil wears Prada voice) "that's all..." CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_lol
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th May 2010, 2:50 am

Oh YAYYY, NIKKI IS ON BOARD THE CURLY STREET JOURNAL EXPRESS woot!
(I had to look twice when I saw your name.)

You look fabulous prego.
This is great! We can track your hair and belly progress Laughing .

For a baby name, I like Gia Maria.
But what I want to know about is those cravings..........yummmm. TELL US, TELL US, WHAT DO YOU CRAVE FOR MOST?

With my first son, it was Japanese cooked rolls (don't ask Laughing). My second son, it was pizza (again, don't ask, idk Laughing )
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 4th May 2010, 6:50 am

tiashauntee wrote:
*CurlyNikki* wrote:LOL! Tia! I watched Cleveland Show, then started Family Guy... then stopped Family Guy to watch Boondocks. I'll probably watch the rest of Family Guy in a minute. I love Thugnificient! Aaron McGruder is a genius... perfect critique. I was rolling when Uncle Ruckus said, '... and his monkey family.' That character is OUTRAGEOUS! Poor Huey... I feel him!

KNH, and NylaCoils, thank you! I definitely need all the help I can get! Probably with diapers more than anything!! do you think there's an online diaper registry somewhere?

I busted out laughing when Obama won and Uncle Ruckus started crying. I need to watch it again because I know I missed some parts because I was laughing so much.

OK..Ruckus was crying, but Tom's wife was LUSTING...she was thinking UPGRADE! OMG Too funny...I'm so glad it's back! And Thugnificient with his tight clothes...Priceless.

Nikki, I just want to say THANK YOU for providing such a wonderful, comfortable place to share. I mean, the "atmosphere" of your site is amazing...it feels like family and I love it! As they say, "anything is only as good as its head"!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th May 2010, 7:51 am

we mos def missed you Nikki!!! im glad to see you and the baby bump are doing well Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 4th May 2010, 8:05 am

lol @ Gia Shalonda and Tia Smile I'll let the hubby know about the new suggestions! Miss Shalonda you look great in your avatar!

mrsmackey... sorry! are you trying to conceive?

@juices-n-berries, I sure did! Inspired by you!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th May 2010, 8:11 am

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Gia Simone sounds so fierce for a little girl! lol. Its cute, I like it.

I agree....Gia Simone just flows.....I love the name Simone, and Gia is pretty too!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 4th May 2010, 8:20 am

@Mellowone, thanks for spreading the word! Tell your aunt I said hi and come on in!

@nubbie, first of all, LOL @ ezekial tuwaun rueben jenkins III! Hilarious! You are funny. I agree about the baby shower gifts... I can see how diapers and wipes would be wayyyy more important that a few onesies. You should have seen me at Target making my registry. I know nothing about babies (haven't held one in 12 years!). I was wandering down the aisles with the scanner dazed and confused... basically clicking one of everything, lol.

@curlsunfurled, that's a great idea!!!

hi jamaica and chrslvsbks!! Thanks for the welcome Smile

@Terra, I loved Zoe too! Sad I don't care that his friend's daughter is named Zoe... he said I'd care if it was my friend though Wink

@Intelligentbeauty, thanks! Girl, I'm craving lots of sweet, bready things. I love blueberry and raspberry muffins from Starbucks, strawberry pancakes from Ihop, and cinnamon crunch bagels from Paneras. Cold sweet stuff like slushies and ice cream too! There was a time when I ran all around Raleigh looking for a box of Boston Baked Beans to munch on... I had several gas station attendants laughing at me Smile I've wanted milk lately, but I'm lactose intolerant, so hubby is suffering on that end Wink Foul, lol.
Pretty much sweet things... I'm not a vegetarian, but I haven't been very enthused by meats of any sort (except for fish). I did get on a corn dog kick a month or so back. Do y'all have Cook Outs where you live? OMG... you know a place is the devil when you order a hot dog meal, and it comes with your choice of another hotdog, corndog, onion rings, BLT, chicken nuggets, or fries. WTF?! And all for like 3 dollars. It's a drunk persons heaven, but not meant for daily consumption. I digress... but yeah, sweet stuff Smile

@theryl1, thanks chica CurlyNikki - Page 3 Herz

@brownskindiva, I missed you guys too!

Later... I'm off to 'therapize' the masses Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 9:32 am

oh ok Nikki..I GOT IT!!! yes we are DEFINITELY trying but it's just not working...all in God's time I guess:)...since I have "unexplained fertility" (haven't been preggars in 8 years) the doctor is starting me on a round of Clomid in June...so we'll see!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th May 2010, 9:40 am

Hey Nik,

Enjoy this time - it's the only time you can eat anything you want guilt free.

I have friend who named her name her daughter Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards).

I like Gia Nicole though ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th May 2010, 9:42 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hey Nik,

Enjoy this time - it's the only time you can eat anything you want guilt free.

I have friend who named her name her daughter Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards).

I like Gia Nicole though ...

I LOVE Neveah...I will def look into that for a middle name...its so pretty Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th May 2010, 10:47 am

HEY NIKKI!! So great to see you on the Curl Street Journal. I love the baby bump. The little one is treating mommy right. I was so thankful for being all belly too. As far as the name goes I agree with a lot of the other ladies {{GIA SIMONE}} just flows so well. We named our son Taj Marley so I understand the short first name needs a middle name to balance it out.

Did hubby go with you to register at Tarjay? Steven was no help whatsoever when it came to picking out things for the nursery. I would ask his opinion and all I would get was, "Thats nice!" or "That's gay!" We were having to search for unisex things since we didn't find out the sex until our son was born (by choice) so he couldn't chance having his son in a room that he considered too girly.LOL

DITTO to what someone said about the changing table. Our pack n play came with a changing table that sits on top and that has been what we used since he was born. I can probably count on one hand the number of times we changed him in his room. lol We went the cloth diaper route so we saved a lot of money on diapers. I could talk about baby stuff all day so I digress lol.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th May 2010, 11:06 am

wow, AL, how was THAT using the cloth diapers CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_eek ; somebody asked if i wanted to do the cloth diapers and i looked at them like..umm...are we back in stone age days???? it wouldnt work for me cuz i cant STAND poopy anything...i'd get frustrated n toss em all out. I cant see me rinsing baby poop off to put it in the washer..BLLAH'K. more power to you on that...which is why...DIAPERS N WIPES ONLY on my next invite! I was so pissed at the price of diapers, (and Luvs aint worth a free penny; unless u changin em every 10 min) which is why i MADE mason start potty training at ONE...yes ONE!! now, i did slack off for a minute and he wasnt fully trained til 2 but in between that, i went through a few real draws cuz if he pooped in em...TRASH!!! i aint washin that ish..literally CurlyNikki - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

sounds like we need to be startin a baby thread for moms 2 be; the only changin table i used was mainly my lap! u gotta get crafty n improvised in sticky situations.

mrsmack; u are truly right, in god's time. they always happen when u least expect em. Im prayin for you tho'.

ummm, nikki...i heard of Cook Outs down there but yet to take a visit..WOW!! definitely sounds like a pot heads dream! fo' shizzle!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th May 2010, 11:27 am

*CurlyNikki* wrote: Do y'all have Cook Outs where you live? OMG... you know a place is the devil when you order a hot dog meal, and it comes with your choice of another hotdog, corndog, onion rings, BLT, chicken nuggets, or fries. WTF?! And all for like 3 dollars. It's a drunk persons heaven, but not meant for daily consumption. I digress... but yeah, sweet stuff Smile

I always order the corndog on the side. It's like two meals in one! I love cookout. I am on a mission now to try every shake that they make. lol!
We actually had cook out for dinner last night. I got the chicken sandwich club style...OMG! It was soooooo good and the seasoned fries were perfect!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 4th May 2010, 11:45 am

hey nikki, just to chim in on the baby names. My daughters name is Zaria Monique, however Zoe is beautiful too, I like names with Z's. i said if I have another one it will be Zyan (girl) or Zion (boy). good luck.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th May 2010, 12:03 pm

mrsmackey wrote:oh ok Nikki..I GOT IT!!! yes we are DEFINITELY trying but it's just not working...all in God's time I guess:)...since I have "unexplained fertility" (haven't been preggars in 8 years) the doctor is starting me on a round of Clomid in June...so we'll see!!!

I'll keep you in my prayers. My girlfriend had fertility issues caused by her PCOS. She started Clomid and then ended up getting pregnant naturally. My goddaughter is now 7 years old. Even after all of that, she was pregnant again 6 years later. Her little boy is now 1. Stay encouraged.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next