CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaturallyCurly owns CurlyNikki?

2 posters

Go down

NaturallyCurly owns CurlyNikki? Empty NaturallyCurly owns CurlyNikki?

Post by LittleOne 2nd December 2010, 6:12 pm

I must have been under a rock! Did you guys hear about this??

http://technorati.com/blogging/article/social-network-naturallycurly-pumps-up-the/
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

NaturallyCurly owns CurlyNikki? Empty Re: NaturallyCurly owns CurlyNikki?

Post by FalconTress 2nd December 2010, 8:06 pm

I don't remember it actually being disclosed as a sale on the site. As I recall, it was phrased as if it was a cross promotion partnership type deal(my words not Nikki's)I will have to research. I did notice that the phone number that shows up if you click on the "Advertise With Us" button is registered to naturally curly in Texas.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 2nd December 2010, 8:18 pm

Here's the press release. It does not specifically reference a sale. The language leaves enough wiggle room to go either way.

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- NaturallyCurly.com the leading social network for people with curly, kinky and wavy hair, announced today that it is teaming up with CurlyNikki.com, growing overall network reach by 30% and monthly network visits to 1.2 million.

NaturallyCurly's network already includes CurlStylist.com, a professional community for stylists servicing curly haired clients, and CurlMart.com, an e-commerce boutique showcasing more than 50 brands and 500 community-vetted products. With the addition of CurlyNikki.com, NaturallyCurly will add the leading natural hair blog to its network.

"We are thrilled to include CurlyNikki.com into our family," said Crista Bailey, CEO of NaturallyCurly. "In less than two years, CurlyNikki.com has become the leading natural hair blog. Her mission in helping those with natural hair embrace their real beauty dovetails with NaturallyCurly's of encouraging people to lead a healthier, happier life by embracing their hair -- be it curly, kinky, wavy or straight."

Servicing a growing community of more than 100,000 unique visitors, CurlyNikki.com features community and celebrity interviews, styling tips, how-to videos and inspirational stories - all helping the community be naturally glamorous.

"I learned to love my natural hair thanks to the community at NaturallyCurly.com!" said Nikki Walton, founder of CurlyNikki.com. "This is a natural extension of my existing working relationship with the NaturallyCurly team. I'm delighted to join the family and believe CurlyNikki.com readers will appreciate and benefit from our deeper relationship."

About NaturallyCurly

Founded Michelle Breyer and Gretchen Heber, NaturallyCurly is a network of sites that informs, empowers and unites a community of people brought together by a common interest - curly hair. The flagship brand, NaturallyCurly.com, attracts 450,000 monthly engaged, influential consumers creating user-generated content on a daily basis. The entire network, including CurlStylist.com and CurlMart.com, logs 800,000 monthly visits, all finding the common thread - a curl, kink or wave - that bonds them together.

About CurlyNikki.com

Founded by Alicia Nicole Walton in 2008, CurlyNikki.com is the leading natural hair blog. Nikki, a licensed psychotherapist, created CurlyNikki to serve as an online "hair therapy session" for those struggling with their natural hair and encourages people everywhere to share experiences, frustrations and triumphs of being naturally glamorous.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 2nd December 2010, 8:32 pm

Hmmm.....I just found this too...

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2010/09/13/daily67.html?jst=pn_pn_lk

This is the first line: "An Austin-based website dedicated to curly-locked people has acquired a competing site for an undisclosed amount."

I'm really surprised!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down