CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

+33
thetiffany
Nikcoils
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
nattyblog
Naturalin2010
priceless
coilykinks
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Serenity23
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
curlsunfurled
37 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by curlsunfurled 17th July 2010, 12:00 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:That twist out is GORGEOUS!!

Thanks so much Sweet. The twists lasted through Friday without having to re-twist! About every other morning I would apply a little coconut oil on the ends and I was out the door. I have pictures and will post during the weekend.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by CurlsGalore 17th July 2010, 12:32 pm

Hi Curls! Beautiful twistout! The henna gloss is really simple and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results! Definitely give it a go!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 3:04 pm

Beautiful twistout!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 17th July 2010, 5:00 pm

Hi Curls! Just dropping by to say Hello!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th July 2010, 11:07 pm

Hey Girl...

Just stopping by to say hi!!! What have you been up to lately?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 31st July 2010, 12:45 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

KNH

Hey KNH, well between doing a little traveling for family reunions and just to get out of the H, my pj'ism is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Just in July I've bought Curl Junkie products, Hairveda products (during the sale), SheaMoisture shampoo -after bumping into another natural in front of the curly section at Target; she sung praises of their shampoo, and last night after prowling through youtube I bought some Ori Organics products. Needless to say I've been easily influenced this month curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Icon_eek . But on the other hand, I'll be able to do some reviews, take pictures, etc., I definitely think I have the twist out thing figured out. I wanted to try some other styles but, our unpredictable weather convinced me to stick with what I know. Hope all is well with you. Stay cool, it is HOT out there.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st July 2010, 1:21 pm

curlsunfurled wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

KNH

Hey KNH, well between doing a little traveling for family reunions and just to get out of the H, my pj'ism is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Just in July I've bought Curl Junkie products, Hairveda products (during the sale), SheaMoisture shampoo -after bumping into another natural in front of the curly section at Target; she sung praises of their shampoo, and last night after prowling through youtube I bought some Ori Organics products. Needless to say I've been easily influenced this month curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Icon_eek . But on the other hand, I'll be able to do some reviews, take pictures, etc., I definitely think I have the twist out thing figured out. I wanted to try some other styles but, our unpredictable weather convinced me to stick with what I know. Hope all is well with you. Stay cool, it is HOT out there.

Hey Girl....

HOT is an understatement. I think another curly posted in her thread that it was so hot she saw the devil at under a shade tree trying to stay cool...ROTFL. It's great to see you posting again, and I hope you enjoyed your family reunion.

You know after my visit to the TOFS I seem to be getting my PJ'ism under control. I think keeping Penny twisted and pinned up all week is really helping me curb my need to buy products!!

I can't wait to read your reviews of the products you've purchased!!! Well...I'm going to easy on down the road and see what everyone has been doing.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far! Take care...

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st July 2010, 1:26 pm

Your hair is sooooo thick! Awesome! And nice twistout. I feel you on the curling. Trying to keep straight hair in Houston humidity and heat is for the birds.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 10th August 2010, 3:45 pm

Last week's regimen:

1. Shampooed hair with Giovannie Smooth as Silk Shampoo.
2. Detangled with Yes to Carrots Conditioner
3. Deep Conditioned with HairVeda's SitriNillah Conditioner (overnight).
4. Next morning, rinsed conditioner and twisted hair with HairVeda's Whipped Creme Ends Hydration as a leave-in.
5. Sealed hair with HairVeda's CoCasta Shikakai hair oil

The results????

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Hairve10

One word---SOFT hair!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th August 2010, 4:22 pm

Girl your hair looks soft and fluffy! Gorgeous, how long did you let your twists stay in before you did a twistout? And I'm not getting any Hairveda I don't care how soft your hair looks (lol) Nope!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th August 2010, 4:35 pm

loving the twist out. hair looks so nice
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 11th August 2010, 12:57 am

krazy coils wrote:Girl your hair looks soft and fluffy! Gorgeous, how long did you let your twists stay in before you did a twistout? And I'm not getting any Hairveda I don't care how soft your hair looks (lol) Nope!

LOL KC, Unfortunately I untwisted my hair the following day (Monday). Though I've worn kinky twists to work (professionally done), I do not they (management) would approve of my version of twists curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Icon_smile . They are still adjusting to my natural hair --- It has almost been a year and I believe some of them think that my hair is still relaxed (somehow).

You stay strong...I heard the word sale last month and ran to the website. My pj'ism was out of control. Take care.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 11th August 2010, 12:59 am

priceless wrote:loving the twist out. hair looks so nice

Thanks Priceless.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 13th August 2010, 1:47 pm

Your hair looks wonderful! Looking at your regimen, when you rinsed the next morning with conditioner, what did you use? Also, where do you purchase the HairvVeda products?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th August 2010, 2:48 pm

Great twist out results!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th August 2010, 11:48 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:Your hair looks wonderful! Looking at your regimen, when you rinsed the next morning with conditioner, what did you use? Also, where do you purchase the HairvVeda products?

Hello Naturalin2010,

Thanks so much for the compliment. I meant I rinsed the SitriNillah conditioner out the next morning. You can purchase HairVeda products online at www.hairveda.com. I believe the website lists some stores that sell their products as well.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th August 2010, 11:58 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Great twist out results!!!

Thanks Lynnie.

Love the blow out avi...it is FIERCE. You and many other ladies on this forum have some serious skills. No one in my family can cornrow or flat twist. So I get inspired by you ladies and have to resort to visiting YT for how to's. I'm ready to try something different but, waiting to get proficient at something other than twist/braid outs.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th August 2010, 12:10 am

Thanks!!! curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Icon_biggrin I learned from Youtube too. I am now learning to cornrow. I have the basics down but now I just need to practice.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 1:47 am

Hey curls! Your twist out is beautiful! It looks really soft and moisturized! Love it!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th August 2010, 1:51 am

I've seen your hair in person so I know you are working with a lot of hair. Your twist out is to die for. It looks so soft and defined. So you've been getting some great twist out styles...which product do you like the best? Just curious....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 14th August 2010, 3:09 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hey curls! Your twist out is beautiful! It looks really soft and moisturized! Love it!

Thanks so much Natty!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 14th August 2010, 3:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I've seen your hair in person so I know you are working with a lot of hair. Your twist out is to die for. It looks so soft and defined. So you've been getting some great twist out styles...which product do you like the best? Just curious....

Hey KNH,

Hmmmm, you know - I like HairVeda and Elucence when it comes to moisturizing. My hair was much softer though with HairVeda. This week I went back to Curl Junkie's Honey Banana Hibscus Leave-In for a twist out. Curl Junkie's hold is much better but my hair felt courser (it could be the aloe vera gel). My hair had the same definition but it just did not feel the same. So, I guess it comes to what I'm looking for when I doing my hair for the upcoming week- moisture or hold.

HOWEVER, I've just finished washing my hair this morning and I'm trying another deep conditioner (Ori Organics). It's thick and has slip ... so far, so good. I'm either going to sit under a hair dryer or do some work outside (it IS hot enough) to give it some heat when I'm finished lurking. I'll keep you informed.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th August 2010, 7:10 pm

I read about Ori Organics on another forum. Did you only get the deep conditioner or did you get some of their stylers also? Can't wait to hear the results.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th August 2010, 10:19 am

Ori Organics? Hummmm....I am always looking for a great deep conditioner. Right now I'm loving Darcy's...I tried AfroVeda's Friday...didn't really care for it. Not thick enough and it didn't leave my hair feeling as soft as I would have liked. Anyway....I'll use it up but I will not repurchase.

Guess what....I went to the Village and purchased Aveda's Defining Whip! So I tried a little on my bangs (dry hair) and can I say AWESOME!!! Thanks for the location tip!!

So I'll come back and get your verdict on the Ori Organics deep conditioner. **headed to the website now** LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 21st August 2010, 1:09 pm

OK ladies - here is my Ori Organics experience so for:

I followed my usual regimen and then applied the Ori Organics' Curl Restorative Masque. As I mentioned earlier it is THICK, has slip, and smells like peaches (a faint smell). I applied a little heat before I rinsed it out. My hair felt very soft and moisturized. Combing/detangling my ends was relatively easy. Pic below of hair with conditioner on it:

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Worico10

To style, I used Ori Organics Curl Styling Buttercream and sealed with HairVeda's CoCasta Oil. The twists looked lush, shiny, and there was enough hold to last the entire week.
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Oritwi10

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 4 Worico11

Overall, I really liked the deep conditioning masque for moisturizing and can see using the styling buttercream more often for twists and braidouts. The buttercream maybe too heavy for other hairstyles (rollersets, bantu knot outs, etc,). Curious? I would recommend giving them try. www.oriorganics.com [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next