CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

+33
thetiffany
Nikcoils
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
nattyblog
Naturalin2010
priceless
coilykinks
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Serenity23
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
curlsunfurled
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th June 2010, 3:04 pm

WOW....nice braid out!!! I'm so glad you got your garage fixed; you and your Dad are too funny!!! I'm glad you were able to make the meet-up I hate I missed another one!!! **sigh** maybe the next time!!

So....where did you find the definning whip? No don't tell me I'm not buying another styling product. No for real...where did you get it...LOL

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by curlsunfurled 9th June 2010, 12:00 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
curlsunfurled wrote:Hi Curly A. I'm fine. Staying inside where it is cool and dry. I do not mind the rain too much because it means I don't have to water the lawn. It's the "sauna" feeling after the rain that bothers me curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Icon_mad . Hope you are doing well.
Girl I don't like that steam but we over here, by the Woodlands ain't get nothing but some sprinkles. I need more rain darn it. But the places I wanna go in Tomball and 1960 it is pouring, that is funny how weather is different everywhere!

Yes, weather here is weird. I live in Mo. City and I remember a day last year (probably one of those 100 degree days last summer) when it was raining buckets on one side(left or right depending on which direction you're driving) of Hwy.6. I was at a Target and was so excited to finally get some rain. When I got home (on the other side of Hwy. 6) it was dry as a bone. It did not rain at all! I could see the rain clouds skipping over my side of the highway.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 9th June 2010, 12:06 am

Serenity23 wrote:Your braidout results look great! Hmmm. I don't even know where an Aveda store is, but I'm gonna need to stay away from it.. Y'all are making it hard not to try this product.

Thank you Serenity. Not to be a product pusher but you can visit them online and they'll have a list of salons in your area that carry their products. curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Icon_wink
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 9th June 2010, 12:20 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW....nice braid out!!! I'm so glad you got your garage fixed; you and your Dad are too funny!!! I'm glad you were able to make the meet-up I hate I missed another one!!! **sigh** maybe the next time!!

So....where did you find the definning whip? No don't tell me I'm not buying another styling product. No for real...where did you get it...LOL

KNH

Thank you KNH. You know my dad and I look so much alike (except for the height) and our personalities are so much alike that we were bound to "clash" while working together on a project like installing a garage opener. He has a knack for using the right word to critize you and the comment about doing a better job of storing your tools was the last straw. However, he did call a few days later to ask if I was able to program the remotes. I owe him big time for Father's Day.

The meet up was great; a lot of conversations. There were about 20 people there. She's going to try to plan another in July (after the 11th).

Lastly, I got the defining whip at Josephine's, an Aveda salon in Pearland. I know there's a salon in West U- next door to Talbot's that carries Aveda products also. Hope you're doing well.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th June 2010, 9:04 am

curlsunfurled wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW....nice braid out!!! I'm so glad you got your garage fixed; you and your Dad are too funny!!! I'm glad you were able to make the meet-up I hate I missed another one!!! **sigh** maybe the next time!!

KNH

Thank you KNH. You know my dad and I look so much alike (except for the height) and our personalities are so much alike that we were bound to "clash" while working together on a project like installing a garage opener. He has a knack for using the right word to critize you and the comment about doing a better job of storing your tools was the last straw. However, he did call a few days later to ask if I was able to program the remotes. I owe him big time for Father's Day.

The meet up was great; a lot of conversations. There were about 20 people there. She's going to try to plan another in July (after the 11th).

Lastly, I got the defining whip at Josephine's, an Aveda salon in Pearland. I know there's a salon in West U- next door to Talbot's that carries Aveda products also. Hope you're doing well.

West U...noooo that's less than 10 minutes from my job!!! Rolling Eyes I know exactly where that is!!

I'm doing great just real busy....just wanted to stop by and say hi before I have to go to work!!

I will make it my business to make the meet-up in July!! "Nothing but death will keep me from it" for the Color Purple!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Empty After transistioning for 1 yr., I big chopped June 11, 2009..

Post by curlsunfurled 25th June 2010, 3:40 pm

Since June 11th celebrated the one year anniversary of my big chop, I decided to ....

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Straig10

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Backst10
have my hair flat ironed and the ends trimmed.

My hair has grown a bit since the last flat ironing in October 2009. It was about chin to shoulder length then. I did not get much fan fare during the week I wore my hair straight (co-workers knew it wasn't going to last). However, I was reminded how much heat is used just to maintain a curl on the ends. Needless to say, I'm rockin' my twist out this week. Forever rehabiliated from the creamy crack.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th June 2010, 3:46 pm

Hey Curlsunfurled!

Happy Belated anniversary! You've had some good growth. How long did you transition for?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 26th June 2010, 2:39 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey Curlsunfurled!

Happy Belated anniversary! You've had some good growth. How long did you transition for?

Hi and thank you, Krazy Coils!

I transitioned for a year wearing kinky twists and bc'd a year ago. Because I did not know what to do with my hair after the big chop, I continued to wear twists for an additional two months. I got in a panic about hairstyles and care for natural hair (if it ain't lookin' right, people can be cruel) and began searching the internet. Luckily, somehow, I found curlynikki's website and youtube.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 11:18 am

Congrats on your anniversary
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st July 2010, 7:52 am

WOW....1 year!! woot! Congratulations and I'm so sorry I missed it!!! AWESOME growth...you are doing a great job of taking care of your hair. Did you go to a salon to straighten your hair, or did you do it yourself!!

Well...I agree with you CN has been the best tool of information for all things natural. I'm so glad I joined as well!!! Hope to see you soon!!

Take care....and where have you been? LOL

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st July 2010, 7:56 am

Congrats! Happy Anniversary!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th July 2010, 11:11 pm

Hey Curlsunfurled...

How have you been? Just checking on you. Have you heard about our July meet-up?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 12th July 2010, 11:55 pm

Sorry Ladies,

I've been neglecting my journal duties lately. On July 4th, my air conditioner conked out and I could not get it repaired until the 6th.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes on my BC anniversary. The time flew by thanks to the advice received at this forum.

To KNH: I went to WalMart in old Pearland (Telephone Rd.)to have my hair flat ironed and the ends trimmed. My mom (who is also natural) goes there regularly to have her flat ironed. The experience was okay, I'm not sure I'll go back there. I showed up there on a Sunday as soon as they opened. Surprised to see quite a few naturals in line to get their "did". I have not heard anything about a July Meet-up yet but, I'll let you know if there is one.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th July 2010, 12:09 am

Wow look at that progress!!! Congrats on hitting a year!!! Looking good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th July 2010, 12:12 am

Sunday, I used Elucence's Moisture Balancing Conditioner as a leave-in and sealed the ends with castor oil for my twist out. The results defined waves with no frizz. I really was expecting a little poof action when I stepped outside but my hair stayed in tact. My co-workers thought I went somewhere and had it professionally done. The surprise was on them. Below are pictures taken after a hard day at work. I'll see how this will last by Friday.
[img][/img]
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Jheric13[img][/img]

This image reminds me of the jherri curls.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Profil12

Also, has anyone been experiencing a lot of shedding lately? This past shampoo had some out of the ordinary shedding. I've using Qhemet products regularly and thought maybe I'm on sulfur overload. Decided to lay off for a while. Thanks.

Last edited by curlsunfurled on 13th July 2010, 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to insert pictures)
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th July 2010, 12:36 am

Updating title.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th July 2010, 8:13 am

Hey Curls Unfurled,

Love the twist out! Did you only use the Elucence for your twists? That is one of my fave conditioners but I haven't used it as a leave-in. I've been experiencing some shedding and when I do I use a protein treatment to help get it under control.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 13th July 2010, 8:44 am

Hi curlsunfurled,

Congrats on your 1yr and I love that twist out it is juicy curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 13th July 2010, 10:26 am

Love the twist out, happy belated anniversary and I love the results that came with your conditioner! I haven't had any more shedding than usual I must admit. But I henna fairly often now so I don't have as much as I used to! I do need to get my ends trimmed though or do them myself! Well, have a great day, loving your growth!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th July 2010, 9:34 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Curls Unfurled,

Love the twist out! Did you only use the Elucence for your twists? That is one of my fave conditioners but I haven't used it as a leave-in. I've been experiencing some shedding and when I do I use a protein treatment to help get it under control.

Thanks KC. Yep, I only used Elucence and water (when my hair felt dry). I'll have to add a protein treatment this weekend. Thanks for the advice.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th July 2010, 9:41 pm

To Sweet and MellowOne:

Thanks ladies. I'm so use to having a little frizz, I thought ..EHH (I like big hair). It's growing on me.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th July 2010, 9:54 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Love the twist out, happy belated anniversary and I love the results that came with your conditioner! I haven't had any more shedding than usual I must admit. But I henna fairly often now so I don't have as much as I used to! I do need to get my ends trimmed though or do them myself! Well, have a great day, loving your growth!

I am so tempted to try henna or at least a henna gloss. Talked myself out of it many times because I've only had a "burgundy cellophane ??" applied to my hair for color - many years ago. The results left my hair very dry and it took a long time for it to recover. My hair is some shade of black with some grays - wondering how the color results will look curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Confused . Hope you had a great day as well and thanks so much for the compliments.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 1:24 pm

Love, Love, Love that twist out!!! I looked this conditioner up and it has some good ingredients!! Did you buy this online...(don't tell me I'm just a PJ) curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Lol

I'm going to the Original Fragrance Shop after work today. I finally found out where she's located. I'll fill you in on my experience!!

Glad you got your air fixed, and lucky for you it went out during our big rain spell!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 16th July 2010, 1:23 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Love, Love, Love that twist out!!! I looked this conditioner up and it has some good ingredients!! Did you buy this online...(don't tell me I'm just a PJ) curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 3 Lol

I'm going to the Original Fragrance Shop after work today. I finally found out where she's located. I'll fill you in on my experience!!

Glad you got your air fixed, and lucky for you it went out during our big rain spell!!!

KNH

Hey KNH,

I knew when I put the conditioner on my hair that something good was going to happen. I forgot to mention the conditioner as a faint peach fragrance. No complaints.

So how did the visit to OFS go?

Have a great weekend..
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th July 2010, 1:32 am

That twist out is GORGEOUS!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next