CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

+33
thetiffany
Nikcoils
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
nattyblog
Naturalin2010
priceless
coilykinks
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Serenity23
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
curlsunfurled
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 12:02 am

im LOVIN those curls! the cocasta is the greatest!!! did urs come with a pump? i think i need to find a beauty supply store that has pumps cuz i wanna change my stash to pumps cuz its so much easier!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by curlsunfurled 22nd August 2010, 11:37 am

NubieNatty wrote:im LOVIN those curls! the cocasta is the greatest!!! did urs come with a pump? i think i need to find a beauty supply store that has pumps cuz i wanna change my stash to pumps cuz its so much easier!

Hi and thanks Nubie. I agree I LOVE that cocasta oil (more than Qhemet's Olive and Honey) but it didn't come with a pump. I may become heavy handed with a pump. I'm sure either Sally's or Ulta have pumps for sale. Thanks for stopping by!

curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd August 2010, 1:03 pm

Your twists look so shiny in those pics! Good review, I may try the sample sizes out.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 22nd August 2010, 1:06 pm

Today is my B-day!!! I had a impromptu reflective statement typed and when I tried to preview it, I got kicked out (maybe it was too long). So, I am going to do the best I can and recreate what I said with some back in the day pics to boot. Here we go:
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Thirte11[img][/img]
Age thirteen and natural.
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Fourte11[img][/img] Age fourteen and natural. I am really thankful for contact lenses, orthodontists, and braces!

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Fiftee11[img][/img]
Age fifteen. I received my first relaxer just before the school year started and had the braces removed later that school year (winter/spring)- YAY. Still wore glasses though.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Prom11[img][/img]
My senior prom. My hair was cut in MANY layers with a "tail" in the back. My mom was PI$$ed and I did not know how to style it. I did not know how to use a curling iron or a blow dryer - only rollersets. So when I left for college it was trial and many errors. This was just the beginning of my many popular but odd haircuts.

So what have I learned? 1)Ages 13-14 were REALLY awkward for me but, eventually I grew out of it. Nothing lasts forever. 2)As I began to mature, it was the inner beauty that was projecting outward. To be a person of substance not superficial. 3) My parent refused to by designer jeans & shirts so, we had to make do with what we had. To be thankful for what you have.

I am so glad that I found this site a year ago and grateful for the friendly ladies who willingly share their knowledge and skills. Thank you. ---Enjoy your weekend ladies!!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 22nd August 2010, 1:12 pm

Title change.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd August 2010, 2:11 pm

Happy birthday to ya, happy birthday!,
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd August 2010, 2:27 pm

Happy birthday!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 24th August 2010, 2:51 pm

Thanks Ladies!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 24th August 2010, 8:47 pm

I'm late but Happy belated birthday!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 30th August 2010, 10:42 pm

Thanks KC!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st August 2010, 1:39 am

Hello there,
Your avi drew my attention. That twist out is beautiful!! Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 31st August 2010, 8:51 am

happy belated hon!! i love the throwback pics Smile have a great day!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 31st August 2010, 1:30 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 1st September 2010, 8:19 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hello there,
Your avi drew my attention. That twist out is beautiful!! Smile

Thank you Intelligentbeauty.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 1st September 2010, 8:29 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:happy belated hon!! i love the throwback pics Smile have a great day!!

To BrownSkinDiva and NPMoore,
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I'm still trying to figure out how to individually place each person's comment onto one post. I failed today - sorry.

curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 17th October 2010, 1:17 pm

I’ve been away for a while. Work has taken a considerable amount of my leisure time. Decided to try something other than my usual twist out – A rollerset!
I followed my usual routine shampoo, condition, and detangle. I parted my hair into about nine sections for operating ease. As my leave in, I used Elucence’s Moisture Balancing Conditioner , a spray bottle with water only, used plastic mesh hair rollers with the pins (see picture below).

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Roller10

I’ve tried using the regular magnetic hair rollers and just could not roll my hair tight enough to “straighten” the curls; the mesh hair rollers with the metal spring inside are a joke. When I would begin to roll my hair, the rollers would lean to one side and collapse. The hard plastic mesh rollers are waaaay better than the other two.
Parted hair into sections small enough to accommodate the roller and stick the pin through the hair rollers. I think the trick is to get enough tension with the pin and your head/scalp to somewhat straighten your roots. When I finished my hair looked like this:
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Frontr10
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Backro10

I sat under the hair dryer for about an hour. My hair was not completely dry but, it was one o’clock in the morning and I just could not take anymore. The pins make it difficult to sleep on so, I nodded off on the sofa sleeping sitting up (somewhat). I woke up at about a quarter to five this morning, removed the rollers and pin curled the top and used magnetic rollers in the back and went to bed. Woke up later this morning and got these results:
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Roller11

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Fluffe10

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 5 Fluffe11

I really like the results but, next time I’ll begin rolling and drying my hair in the afternoon or early evening to insure a peaceful night's rest. As I said earlier, the pins can create an uncomfortable experience (if you are tender headed – I wouldn’t bother. Use duck bill clips or try a bantu knot outs or flexi rods).
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th October 2010, 2:24 pm

Hey Curls Unfurled I really like the body your hair got from your rollerset. Hair is looking gorgeous.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th October 2010, 3:59 pm

Love your results! Your curls are beautiful! Missed seeing you around here, and glad your back!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th October 2010, 5:00 pm

great job!!! Welcome back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th October 2010, 1:19 am

Ooh, very nice roller set results! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th October 2010, 11:29 am

Loving the roller results. Think I'll try that very soon, just need to figure out what size to get! How long will you wear your hair this way?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 19th October 2010, 9:42 pm

Thanks ladies for the compliments. It is day 3 and I still have loose curls (some frizz too). I probably need a trim to boot!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Loving the roller results. Think I'll try that very soon, just need to figure out what size to get! How long will you wear your hair this way?

Good question! I am not sure - will try to see if it will last till Friday. If not, I'll improvise - somehow confused I may try a braid out for next week save the roller set for cooler temps.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 19th October 2010, 9:48 pm

beautiful resuls!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd October 2010, 7:15 pm

You did an awesome job on your rollerset, I love you the results.

Hmm, another conditioner to try. Elucence must have some hold since you used it to rollerset.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 23rd October 2010, 9:37 pm

Hi

Your rollerset looks wonderful!!!
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next