CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

+49
summerbreeze76
mizcreativelyme
jaybella
rayray19
Umph
Treece
curlya
BajanPrincess82
mrsmackey
blondie
PaganWifey
wyldhoney
CocaColaCutie
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
MellowOne
swoodward
TheRYL1
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
TMS
FemmeFox
Pinkrage
iri9109
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
CocoEuro
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
~JOME~
bholmes87
ChrsLvsBks
Karyn
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
gigihaitiancurly
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
LadyMika
53 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd June 2010, 6:00 pm

Hey LadyM...

I'm so sorry about the braids. A little girl on the trip had yarn braids and she was hot as hell!!! I was trying to figure out why did her mother do that to her right before the drill team trip. Not only that her hat didn't fit over all of that yarn!! I was cracking up inside, but I felt sorry for my baby!!!

Anyway...that really made me think of you because even though the hat didn't fit and that baby was hot...her hair was too cute!!

Thanks for watching Kirby..but do know that he shouldn't eat people food...it will make his hair fall out!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Missed yah!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by FemmeFox 23rd June 2010, 6:17 pm

Hi Mika!

Just got all caught up. Sorry that the braids didn't last but I think that NYC summers are probably too hot for all that yarn anyway. Gypsy will behave when she's ready, you do a good job with her.

Congrats on the work-study! That sounds awesome. When I start dancing more regularly I am going to try to get a work-study at one of my studios.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th June 2010, 12:50 am

Hey LadyMika!
I ended up trimming my hair last week because my hairdresser cut my hair in all the wrong places. I'm going to post the whole thing so I won't get into it but I just wasn't where I wanted to be.

Even though I really wanted to keep all the growth, I just wasn't happy. But I was afraid of the barber. It's like I feel they just haven't all caught up with cutting curly hair. Only guy curly hair, you know what I mean? I can get the most complex Chinese characters cut into my head but I can't get my hair cut so the curl pattern shows.

Your hair is growing fine. But I know how you feel. More vitamins, rest and water. And good food!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th June 2010, 12:45 pm

swoodward wrote:Hey LadyMika!
I ended up trimming my hair last week because my hairdresser cut my hair in all the wrong places. I'm going to post the whole thing so I won't get into it but I just wasn't where I wanted to be.

Even though I really wanted to keep all the growth, I just wasn't happy. But I was afraid of the barber. It's like I feel they just haven't all caught up with cutting curly hair. Only guy curly hair, you know what I mean? I can get the most complex Chinese characters cut into my head but I can't get my hair cut so the curl pattern shows.

Your hair is growing fine. But I know how you feel. More vitamins, rest and water. And good food!

Hey Swoodward, thanks for stopping by!

I went to the barber because I'm scared crap-less of the salon now. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_neutral Before I just didn't go because I didn't want to spend the extra money and I was used to doing my own hair. Now I treat them like the plague (in addition to saving the money). Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_silent

But I do agree with you about the barber and women with curly/kinky hair. I was lucky with the barber I had; he said I wasn't his first black FEMALE client with the TWA. But then I got a good look in the mirror when I went home and was like "WHERE'S THE REST OF IT!? Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_sad "

*sigh* I'm probably letting this bother me more than it should. I'll just have to be more patient. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th June 2010, 12:49 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Hi Mika!

Just got all caught up. Sorry that the braids didn't last but I think that NYC summers are probably too hot for all that yarn anyway. Gypsy will behave when she's ready, you do a good job with her.

Congrats on the work-study! That sounds awesome. When I start dancing more regularly I am going to try to get a work-study at one of my studios.

I hope so. I don't mind the TWA, but I can't do anything with it. I can't even get a puff (yet). I'm just getting REALLY bored right now. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_neutral

Dancing? What kind of dance? I used to dance in high school (jazz) and I took belly dancing for a while when I was active duty. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_smile Now I want to learn SAMBA. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_biggrin I LOVE to see Carnival in Brazil--those girls are BAD! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th June 2010, 12:49 pm

Ummm, why haven't you uploaded anymore pics maam. I went back three pages! And I saw nothing... *taps foot*
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th June 2010, 12:52 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey LadyM...

I'm so sorry about the braids. A little girl on the trip had yarn braids and she was hot as hell!!! I was trying to figure out why did her mother do that to her right before the drill team trip. Not only that her hat didn't fit over all of that yarn!! I was cracking up inside, but I felt sorry for my baby!!!

Anyway...that really made me think of you because even though the hat didn't fit and that baby was hot...her hair was too cute!!

Thanks for watching Kirby..but do know that he shouldn't eat people food...it will make his hair fall out!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Missed yah!!

KNH

Awww. Yeah, they can get a bit stifling at times. I don't go out during the day in the summer, unless I have to work and even then, I'm indoors. I just wanted to change things up for a while. I'm getting bored with the TWA right about now, that's all. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_neutral

*breaks out pen and paper* Note: DO NOT FEED KIRBY PEOPLE FOOD. HAIR WILL FALL OUT. Got it! LMAO!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th June 2010, 12:56 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Ummm, why haven't you uploaded anymore pics maam. I went back three pages! And I saw nothing... *taps foot*

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_eek Um...see, WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS, that damn cat you know. He's EVIL! He took the camera and stuffed it in his liter box. He's holding it hostage. I told you he was EVIL!

.....I'm busted ain't I? Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_neutral
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th June 2010, 1:12 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been out of the loop for a while; I'll try my best to get around to everyone this week.

As far as hair news, I've switched from the Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner to the Nature's Gate Hemp Conditioner (for frizz--which I'm just prone to by default, it seems). It doesn't have the same slip as the Yes To Cucumbers (have to use a little more than usual), but I do get the same results. I also like the fact that the Nature's Gate LINE is pH balanced, so I'll run with this for a while.

Took my mother to dinner on Saturday afternoon, giving up on the Afro-punk festival since I just didn't have enough money to spend on getting IN to the festival itself, then on merch, artwork, and the such. So, Mom and I went to eat. And I am NOT HAPPY with how she's been treating her hair. She has SO MUCH new growth, and it's GORGEOUS. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_neutral But she's STILL stuck in that damn "MUST. HAVE. RELAXER." rut. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Kopfschuettel I'm looking at her as if she's nuts and pointing at my own head! I told her "Where the hell do you think I got this from!? I GOT IT FROM YOU!! YOU HAVE IT TOO!!" But her defense? "You have "good" hair. I don't." Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_mad Approach wall, BASH HEAD INTO IT. This drives me nuts!! And she'd look GREAT with a curly bob or a puff or SOMETHING OTHER THAN STRAIGHT HAIR!! It's KILLING me! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_sad

*sigh*

I'm trying to talk her into getting it pressed instead of getting the relaxer. The heat isn't any better, but it'll be one step closer to convincing her that she doesn't friggin' need the relaxer.

Spotted one of my wench relatives that same afternoon. And of course she's still utterly miserable. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes And OF COURSE she wants to give me the Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Suspect face. So I gave it RIGHT BACK and kept it moving. I owned up to all my BS and everything I've ever done in my life. I didn't take the easy way out of ANY situation I've ever been in. When SHE is ready to own up and stop looking for an easy solution to life, THEN she can turn her face in my direction. Until then, she gets the Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Suspect and the view of my back as I walk off along with it.

At any rate.

Work study is tomorrow, and I need to get ready for my next round of classes--which I get for FREE in exchange. I have the strange urge to pick up playing bass for some reason, I don't know why. I really can't afford another $300-something instrument right now. And the idea/plot was to get MY BOYFRIEND the bass since he needed a new one (and hopefully get him playing again). I don't know what to do. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_neutral

And that's about it, really. Not much else going on but the usual. I'll try to get updated with everyone this week (most likely Thursday). Until then, have a great Monday. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 28th June 2010, 1:27 pm

Keep working on mom Mika..Hopefully she'll come around soon. I'm glad my mom stopped with the texturizer...she has enough health issues as it is.

How are lessons going? I still need to find someone to teach me how to play this acoustic guitar that I've had for over 6 years and still can't play. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Kopfschuettel My hunny picks on me all the time because whenever I hear a guitar playing on a song I say, "That's me playing." He laughs and always has a smart comeback. ONE DAY...I'll show him. Start taking lessons behind his back and then just bust it out one day lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th June 2010, 1:39 pm

Glad to hear the lessons are going well and that you worked out such a great deal to get them for free. That's great.

Hoping you mom will eventually come around. My mom and I had a disagreement/discussion this weekend about her hair. She was all excited now she's talking about wearing it straight because she's bored and it's shrinking too much, etc, etc. She's only been at it a couple of weeks. Uugggghh! She frustrated me so bad we didn't talk at all yesterday and we normally talk everyday. She asked about Diva Smooth and some other "all natural" relaxer. I said there is no such thing as a natural relaxer, remember Rio. She got mad, lol. My question is what is your end goal with your hair. It won't happen overnight and you don't need those chemicals. Sorry to vent here but it was annoying me.

Anyway, continue to work on her. Enjoy your lessons! Have a great week.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th June 2010, 3:13 pm

Hey Mika stopping through **waving** I also hope your mom comes around. Too many people are caught up in the whole "good hair" concept.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th June 2010, 6:54 pm

Hey Sis! I'm just passing thru and checkin on ya, chica! So mom's not budging, huh? She will when she's ready. Your hair will be her example. I'm glad all else is well with you!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 29th June 2010, 12:21 pm

hey mika girl!!! how are thou??? i hope all is well, just wanted to drop in and say heya!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th June 2010, 12:26 pm

Hey...just checking in!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th June 2010, 9:44 pm

Hi lady! I enjoyed your post about relative and not owning up to the things he/she has done. When we acknowledge our faults and past and move toward a better place it feels so good. Hopefully, your relative will.

Moms are something else PERIOD, LOL.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st July 2010, 7:19 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Keep working on mom Mika..Hopefully she'll come around soon. I'm glad my mom stopped with the texturizer...she has enough health issues as it is.

How are lessons going? I still need to find someone to teach me how to play this acoustic guitar that I've had for over 6 years and still can't play. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Kopfschuettel My hunny picks on me all the time because whenever I hear a guitar playing on a song I say, "That's me playing." He laughs and always has a smart comeback. ONE DAY...I'll show him. Start taking lessons behind his back and then just bust it out one day lol

I hope she comes around, I really do. She's had relaxed hair for as long as I can remember. I don't even think she KNOWS what her natural texture looks like (Eurocentric ideals and the pressure to conform to them in Latin America wins yet again. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes ). But, she's got A LOT of new growth. ...Maybe if I wash and press her hair MYSELF (which I've done countless times in the past), I can show her what she's missing out on.

The lessons are good! It's getting close to the end of this round, and there'll be an "open mic" in the final class. I'm sure there's somewhere or someone you can take lessons with in ATL. Or you can get DVDs from the music store (Guitar Center sells TONS of them online). Although, I think a group environment can be beneficial, since you're learning with other people who have the same interests as you (which to me, is very important especially in the arts). Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_smile

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Glad to hear the lessons are going well and that you worked out such a great deal to get them for free. That's great.

Hoping you mom will eventually come around. My mom and I had a disagreement/discussion this weekend about her hair. She was all excited now she's talking about wearing it straight because she's bored and it's shrinking too much, etc, etc. She's only been at it a couple of weeks. Uugggghh! She frustrated me so bad we didn't talk at all yesterday and we normally talk everyday. She asked about Diva Smooth and some other "all natural" relaxer. I said there is no such thing as a natural relaxer, remember Rio. She got mad, lol. My question is what is your end goal with your hair. It won't happen overnight and you don't need those chemicals. Sorry to vent here but it was annoying me.

Anyway, continue to work on her. Enjoy your lessons! Have a great week.

Girl, you and me both. I just look at her like "Mom, you're damn near 60. Don't you think you've been doing the Straight Hair Suzy bit for TOO LONG??" and she just rolls her eyes and goes "I dun know wat ya talkin' BOUT." Why are mothers so STUBBORN!? Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Lol It's going to take A LOT of convincing. But, if she likes MY hair, then it's possible.

krazy coils wrote:Hey Mika stopping through **waving** I also hope your mom comes around. Too many people are caught up in the whole "good hair" concept.

Thanks for stopping by! Let's not get started on the whole "good hair" thing. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes She will wave that card as if her life is depending on it if you give her the room. I STILL have an issue with just ONE co-worker who refuses to get off the "good hair/bad hair" debate. And get this: SHE USED TO BE NATURAL!! She was natural when I MET her! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Suspect All I can do is shut her down, and shake my head. Just Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Kopfschuettel .

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Sis! I'm just passing thru and checkin on ya, chica! So mom's not budging, huh? She will when she's ready. Your hair will be her example. I'm glad all else is well with you!

Hey Sis! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_smile My mother is the typical old generation Panamanian female. "You hafta PERM IT GOOD GOOD GOOD. DEN yuh hair will be PRETTY GYAL!" Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_mad She drives me nuts, but I love her ayway. It's all I can do really. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st July 2010, 7:23 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:hey mika girl!!! how are thou??? i hope all is well, just wanted to drop in and say heya!!!

Hey how are you?? I'm good. Thanks for dropping in!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey...just checking in!!

Hey Sweet my NUMBER ONE SOUL SISTA. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_rr

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi lady! I enjoyed your post about relative and not owning up to the things he/she has done. When we acknowledge our faults and past and move toward a better place it feels so good. Hopefully, your relative will.

Moms are something else PERIOD, LOL.

Hey Chrs! I won't get into detail, but it's been a LONG journey for me. I've been through a lot, and I LEARNED a lot from my experiences. Holding on to the past and holding faults over others and YOURSELF just weighs you down mentally, emotionally AND spiritually. Acknowledgment and the RELEASE of all that just makes room for all the GOOD and the LOVE you were missing out on before. It took upwards of a DECADE for me to figure that out, and now that I have, I'm a much happier person. This relative of mine, hmph, let's just say she's got a LONG way ahead of her. But, I no longer harbor (as much) disdain for her as I used to. So, I wish her well. Maybe she'll learn what I did at some point.

My mother, is a TRIP. End of story! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st July 2010, 7:32 pm

sorry about the braids. i also find myself a little impatient with the whole growth process but all we can do is make sure the hair is healthy and it will continue to grow.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 2nd July 2010, 10:00 pm

priceless wrote:sorry about the braids. i also find myself a little impatient with the whole growth process but all we can do is make sure the hair is healthy and it will continue to grow.

It's no big deal. I should have waited until at least October before putting them in anyway. I'll just have to wear headwraps for the time being. I've been treating my hair fairly well since the second chop, and I just did a length/progress check. I KNOW and SEE that my hair is growing. I guess the shrinkage is to blame. Or maybe the barber I went to did cut off more than I really wanted/told him to. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_scratch Either way, I just need to be patient. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 12 Icon_surprised
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd July 2010, 10:01 pm

Hey LadyM...

Just stopping by to say hi. I haven't had a chance to catch up on your thread, but I wanted to peep in...**waving**

I'll be back tomorrow!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd July 2010, 11:42 pm

hey Mika! Just dropping by. Hearing about your mom makes me want to see her. I'm adopted and I have a strange urge to see pics of moms and their daughters especially when they seem fun and funny as your does. Hang in their with your hair. Many of us have been having trials, but we'll come out soon. I'm sure of it.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 7:46 pm

Hey Lady Mika... Seen your posts on Random thoughts and I thought I would drop you a line.

As far as relative goes.... Never let anyone steal your joy! And you can never change people. All you can do is learn from your experiences... forgive but sometimes you can't forget. Not saying you hold it against them (never that) but never let people stop you from becoming who God has destined you to be. (Had to learn that early on in my life)....enough of my soap box....

Hi!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th July 2010, 8:20 pm

Hey LadyM....

Just wanted stop by and see what's been going on over here!!! Looks like you've got some growth going on over here!! WOW looking good...

Your mom sounds like my mom. My mom decided not to perm her hair again....now I'm saying to myself. NOW WHAT??? lol!

Take care......

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th July 2010, 8:29 pm

Hey LadyM,
How are those lessons going? Just checking on you and Gypsy.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next