CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Mayonaise as a conditioner

5 posters

Go down

Using Mayonaise as a conditioner Empty Using Mayonaise as a conditioner

Post by fififalana 1st May 2010, 12:19 pm

I have been natural for about 2.5 years but always where wigs and weaves. I am trying to learn how to where my real hair. My real hair is extremely dry and damaged. I have 4b very course hair and every style I try turns out horrible. I think this is due to my hair being so dry and I am looking for a good conditioner. I've tried many store bought one with no success. I heard using mayonaise works well. Does anyone have any experience with using?

fififalana

Back to top Go down

Using Mayonaise as a conditioner Empty Re: Using Mayonaise as a conditioner

Post by jac.attack 1st May 2010, 12:58 pm

I used regular mayo when I was younger and it worked really well. Last time I tried it didn't work so well. I may try it later today and if so I'll let you know!

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 1st May 2010, 1:30 pm

I've used regular mayo and what I remember is that it left my hair very oily every time. It worked well if you don't mind the excess oil.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 2nd May 2010, 6:52 pm

I use to use eggs and mayo to deep condish when I had a relaxer. My hair loved it but now my natural hair hates it. I found that my hair is protein sensitive and egg is full of it and I believe mayo is mad from egg.

I'd say try it out and see how it works for you. You have to learn what your hair likes and dislikes. It's all trial and error. Good luck
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd May 2010, 12:36 am

I have used it a couple of times for a protein treatment. I would mix two eggs and one cup of real mayonnaise. After applying it, I would put on a plastic bag and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. When rinsing, use cool water so the egg does not curdle. I have had to pick out the egg, no fun, even when using cool water so be aware. If your hair is dry be careful using a protein treatment without moisturizer afterward. Mayo and egg is a protein treatment.

Good moisturizing conditioners IMO are HE HH, AO HR, AO White Camellia, Jane Carter's replenishing conditioner, Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk & Hair Nectar and Darcy's Botanicals Leave in conditioner and Curl Junkie's Beauticurls leave in and Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta leave in.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down