CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product Smells

+4
DreamMerchant
tiashaunteé
ChrsLvsBks
jlowman1
8 posters

Go down

Product Smells Empty Product Smells

Post by jlowman1 30th April 2010, 5:11 pm

When I first started co-washing with Aussie Moist, I looooved [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it. Once it touched my hair it was like butter melting through my strands. I started using Tresemme Naturals and kind of strayed away from Aussie. Well a couple of days ago, I decided to cowash with Aussie again. Once I pumped it into my hand, I could have thrown up all over the shower (TMI, I know, sorry). The smell was horrible. It was coconut-ty but it also has a wierd spicy smell to it. I dunno, maybe its just me but I really hate it. I threw that bottle to the back of the cabinet and havent touched it since...

Has this ever happened to any of you? Have you had a product that you thought would be a staple and now you cant stand it?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Product Smells Empty Re: Product Smells

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th April 2010, 5:22 pm

No answer.

I read the quote in your siggy. I like that!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th April 2010, 5:23 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:No answer.

I read the quote in your siggy. I like that!

LoL... Thanks! I thought it was very well put!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th April 2010, 6:18 pm

I got that way with Suave's Waterfall mist. I over did it and had to give it away
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th April 2010, 6:21 pm

I wanted to try Suave's other fragrances but I dont think I'd like my hair to smell like Ocean Breeze and all the other ones. I feel it would be like putting air freshener in my hair. I dunno, Im wierd like that. Haha
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th April 2010, 9:40 pm

I felt like that when I was pregnant. Getting a whiff of my hair with condish in it would turn my stomach inside out.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 30th April 2010, 11:53 pm

Yeah, I've had that experience. The product was Suave Coconut. Worked fairly well on my transitioning and newly natural hair, but I simply could not get pass the coconut-y scent; it was truly awful! ... so I understand!!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 1st May 2010, 12:02 am

Product smells don't usually turn on me, but I can't stand powerful scents, even if they smell good. Natural scents like the smell of raw shea butter or Jamaican black castor oil don't bother me, but artificial scents always get to me. If I'm using a commercial product, the scent has to be light and fade quickly, or it'll eventually get to me. I especially hate perfume-y, obviously artificial scents--that's why I usually opt for fragrance-free products, or else I'll have no shame in getting rid of it and never returning to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st May 2010, 12:04 am

jlowman1 wrote:When I first started co-washing with Aussie Moist, I looooved [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it. Once it touched my hair it was like butter melting through my strands. I started using Tresemme Naturals and kind of strayed away from Aussie. Well a couple of days ago, I decided to cowash with Aussie again. Once I pumped it into my hand, I could have thrown up all over the shower (TMI, I know, sorry). The smell was horrible. It was coconut-ty but it also has a wierd spicy smell to it. I dunno, maybe its just me but I really hate it. I threw that bottle to the back of the cabinet and havent touched it since...

Has this ever happened to any of you? Have you had a product that you thought would be a staple and now you cant stand it?

I hope this doesnt happen to me. I use to co wash with Aussie Moist!! LOVES IT!! But I recently started using Tresemme Naturals (it replaced VO5). I havent used Aussie Moist in over a month now. I may have to give it a try on my next wash day (Sunday).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 2nd May 2010, 2:49 am

I had the reverse. I couldn't stand my Cantu Leave In Conditioner. Hated it.

Then a couple weeks ago, I decided to try it again and now the smell doesn't bother me (as much) so Cantu is now a keeper.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd May 2010, 12:26 am

Shea Butter used to bother me as well but I use it soooo much now that it really doesn't even have a smell anymore...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down