CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash and go?

+6
ChrsLvsBks
A-Felice
SoulfulSista
mstokes2008
WalkingInDestiny
Nessa101
10 posters

Go down

Wash and go? Empty Wash and go?

Post by Nessa101 29th April 2010, 9:30 pm

Question: When you do your wash and goes what do you guys put in your hair too keep it tamed and prevent frizzing?

I'm wondering if I can do a wash and go because when my hair is wet it seems to become one big puffy mess and I usually have to moisturize it and braid it. I really wanted to be able to do wash and go's in the summer, but i'm wondering if I can with my hair.

Thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Wash and go? Empty Re: Wash and go?

Post by WalkingInDestiny 29th April 2010, 10:20 pm

I use sprtizx with glicerin and water with avacado oil giovanni direct leave in conditioner and follow with shea butter with essentioal oils, then i have a spray conditioner with essentials that softens my hair texure and enhances curls, and run a small amount of treasured locks black earth gel gel(it makes hair soooooo soft), then i'm good to go,with a wash-n-go you have to be sure to moisturize and tame your hair with something it likes. Believe it or not weve with my process,I never have a lot of build up...Good luck.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oh at night i wear a satin line plastic bonnet ,lightly mist hair with essential oils,seal with coconut oil, the next morning, just moisten with water at a touch of oil, and I'm ready to go....
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th April 2010, 11:03 pm

Make sure you rinse with the coldest water you can stand. I use to just rinse with mildly cold water and I would ALWAYS have frizz then one night I ran out of hot water (guess I was in there to long) and the water was FREEZING but I wasn't finished rinsing my hair so I went about my business and when I got out I had the most frizz free curls I've had to date.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulfulSista 29th April 2010, 11:47 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Make sure you rinse with the coldest water you can stand. I use to just rinse with mildly cold water and I would ALWAYS have frizz then one night I ran out of hot water (guess I was in there to long) and the water was FREEZING but I wasn't finished rinsing my hair so I went about my business and when I got out I had the most frizz free curls I've had to date.

I totally agree on the rinsing with cold water. I've experimented wiith luke warm water, and I've noticed a difference. Rinsing with cold water isn't too fun, but I try and angle the shower head so that it water doesn't drip too much on me and I rinse it off.

I also use a little bit of my conditioner in as a leave in to help define my curls.
SoulfulSista
SoulfulSista

http://www.soulfulsista.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 30th April 2010, 12:30 am

Thank you ladies for the tips! Smile
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 30th April 2010, 2:34 am

mstokes2008 wrote:Make sure you rinse with the coldest water you can stand. I use to just rinse with mildly cold water and I would ALWAYS have frizz then one night I ran out of hot water (guess I was in there to long) and the water was FREEZING but I wasn't finished rinsing my hair so I went about my business and when I got out I had the most frizz free curls I've had to date.
I really want to try this...I just hate showering with cold water...or rinsing my head with cold H2o after I've enjoed a nice warm shower. lol
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 30th April 2010, 3:04 am

lol it's good in the morning. Will wake you right up! lol
But I just gradually turn my hot water down until I've pretty much adjusted to the cold
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th April 2010, 10:13 am

Lots and lots of conditioner does it for me. The cold water final rinse with the conditioner "seals" the deal so to speak. MC has a great YT video that many CN followers have done with great results. MC also has a BnB Challenge thread. I highly recommend it. Remember, lots of conditioner and cold water.

As for the chill of the water, I bend forward after showering so only my head gets the water. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th April 2010, 9:19 pm

Yes check out MahoganyCurls, she is a WNG pro!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 1st May 2010, 2:21 am

Thanks for the tips. I'll def be using cold water from now. Do you guys use heat caps? or do you just use a blowdryer to deep condition hair? I'm wondering which one works better and right now as a broke college student i'm leaning towards the blowdryer. They say you just put the conditioner in your hair and put a bouffant cap and use the blowdryer so the conditioner will penetrate the hair.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 1st May 2010, 12:09 pm

I use a heating cap for deep conditioning. I buy them at sally's for about 2 dollars. They use your own body heat and it works really well. Also with a wash n go i find that i get the best results applying conditioner first, then an oil (because the gel makes my hair crunchy), then the gel after that. Then I rinse only lifting the product off my scalp, not touching my hair. Then I hit it with a little bit of cool water. After that you shake and go
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 3rd May 2010, 5:32 am

What products are you using for your wash'n'goes?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 3rd May 2010, 9:07 am

great tips...i had no clue about the cold water!! thanks ladies Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content