CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4b's Please Stand Up!

+16
mizzy247
tresmom08
Alanija
EmbracingNaturalMe
coilykinks
moonchild
WalkingInDestiny
KnottyKinkyMommy
QuietButterfly
HAMPTONSFNST
NubieNatty
Curlz of Luv
agore07
dajewel
Juices-n-Berries
Born2BeMe
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

4b's Please Stand Up! - Page 2 Empty Re: 4b's Please Stand Up!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 2:33 am

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey ladies, I'm in the type 4 category as well. As far as cleansing and conditioning goes I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner and Giovanni Direct Leave-In, sometimes I switch out and use Kinky Curly Shampoo and Conditioner. I just started deep conditioning with ORS Replenishing Conditioner (its thick) and I love it!!

I've been using Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme for my twists, I seal my ends with a mix of castor, jojoba and coconut oil. I usually leave my twists in for at least 2 weeks, then I do a twist out. I also get about 3 days in before it starts expanding and turning into a wild fro, but i like it though, lol, so it doesn't bother me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I did some big chunky twists last night using MJ Baby Buttercreme, twisted out this morning and my hair is pretty defined. I've also used Cantu leave-in conditioner mixed with jojoba oil for past twist outs, and those came out pretty defined as well.

I like it too! Thought I was the only one.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 29th April 2010, 6:01 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
agore07 wrote:@JNB- hey, I use mine as a moitrizer/detangler after I co wash/wash. okay for example. I detangle my hair dry, set in twist, do my cowash, dc all in twist or braids. now it's time to style, so I take an individual twist lose, spritz it with a leave in (my aloe mix) take my cocoa ghee, put it on then , use my goody wide tooth from tip to root to detangle. It serves to detangle and it moisturize like no body's business ! you can even twist at this point. but I add my winter shea mix (shea/castor oil) on top to twist. Before I started using my own shea mix, I would simply use the Alma and Olive on top, but not to much, or you can use the hydrating balm or gel on top, the key is that the ghee alone is so moisturizing and it's a cream you don't have to use anything if you don't want, but with type 4 hair, locking in the moisture is a necessity.

So essentially I use it during the styling stage and a little goes a long way. I wouldn't suggest, putting a glob in your hands and running it through your hair, I wouldn't want to waste it. Even if you wear your hair lose, I would take on section at a time with this good stuff.

Hope that helps

Thanks sooooooo much on your detailed description on how you use the product. I now feel confident I can figure it out now. I'm gonna have to start asking you about stuff more often. Lol. Don't be surprised if you see some PMs from me. Lol.

No problem, I used the Qhlemet's gel as well and it worked well for me, I actually used in in the summer with a wash and go, I did the shingling process and my curls were poppin and my fro was in full effect, I got sooo many compliments that night out girl ! I used it alone that night. I use it on twist or braid sets layered with the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm, this stuff is great under gel ! The Honey Bush Tea Gel can stand on it's on as well.

okay so as far as sets go with gel, particularly in warmer months, I co wash/ wash my hair as usual dry detangle, braid, cowash, DC and then I take each braid losen, spritz leave in, then I apply the balm, now the texture of the balm works well enough for me to slide my goody comb through from tip to root Or you can just use your fingers to smooth through if your gonna where your hair lose. Because I throughly detangle my hair with my fingers before I braid for my wash I can pretty much get away with just using the balm. However, if you see that you got more knots, use your ghee lightly. Okay then after that you can add your gel and go ahead and finger comb and smooth or if your doing a set twist or braid. This is still very moisturizing and has a decent hold for the warmer months. The combo of the gel and balm works well for me, plus you don't have to use so much gel. But again, the gel can stand alone. The thing is this, if your just gonna use the gel, you have to make sure you use your leave in and then apply some kinda oil, cocoa nut is light and good for summer, then the gel. You still have to lock in the moisture with an oil (unless you put enough of oil in your leave in to add that coat to seal) , before you apply the styler. I like to use my leave in, seal with oil, then seal with cream or style gel. Your essentially locking in the moisture. This is recommended my Chicoro. What I love about the balm is that once you spritz, it already has olive oil in it and the texture helps smooth the cuticle, then you can just add your gel to style.

okay let me know if that was clear for you tho. To be honest the balm is great under any gel IMO. and a little goes a long way. When I used the tea gel alone, I had to use a gang of it. Wasn't happy bout that, it's not a cheapy you know. But I have used the balm under, Fantasia IC and Ecko and it really gives you that moisture underneath. You dont' have to use alot because it can feel kinda greasy. I do not like to use it under the Alma heavy creame because of that. Alma alone can get a bit oily for me if I get heavy handed. But oh the Ghee ! Girl I love it.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 7:18 pm

Thanks soooo much again for your detailed response. I am going to order the gel as well when the sale comes around.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 1st May 2010, 12:20 pm

I have 4B hair, and you can see my styles and product reviews in my Fotki. Link is in my siggy.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 1st May 2010, 3:56 pm

Hey ladies I'm in the 4's category too, recently I've started using Aubrey's White Camomille, i love the shamoo and conditioner, prior to this i was using giovanni smooth silk shampoo and cond, now the only giovanni products i use are the direct leave-in and the reconstructor...Really ladies you have to try...it has worked wonders for my hair along, with coconut and avacodo oil...my hair is super soft and moisturized... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 1st May 2010, 4:56 pm

I've fallen in love with Kinky Curly Knot Today. After 2 weeks of the driest hair imaginable, I bought this last Monday and my hair has been super moisturized ever since. I cowashed Tuesday night with the KCKT and then used some as a leave in and twisted (sealed with Wild Hair Light Oil Moisturizer (yellow bottle)). I realized Wednesday night that I didn't even need to co-wash again--my hair still felt great--so I just added at bit more to each section as I twisted and sealed again. Thursday night I just put a quarter sized amount in my hand and rubbed it through, followed by the Wild Hair and twisted up. I had really nice defined twists and my hair was soft all day. Friday was my favorite, as they had loosened up a bit. This morning (Saturday) I have soft moisturized hair even though I fell asleep last night without doing anything and just slept on my satin pillow case. I'm about to do a wash and go with it. Will let you know if it works.

Fingers crossed that I continue to love it. Have tried everything to get this feeling to last more than a day (HEHH, shea butter, Suave Almond and Coconut Conditioner).

BTW, my hair is chin length, stretched, and I've been totally natural since January after transitioning in interlock for 20 months.

Let me know if this works for anyone else!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 2nd May 2010, 2:19 am

I decided to use the KCC line tonight, I washed with Come Clean, and conditioned with KCNT and twisted, I will apply the custard in the morning on dry hair and twist, give it some time to dry while I'm up. But for some reason right now, my scalp is not liking the KT. I had these products for awhile and I needed to use them up. This will be my first time twisting with KCCC. I will be wearing my twist for a week before I twist out.

I was easy with the KT too, it's pricey and I'm at the end of my bottle. I just hate heaving to order it. Although I like it to put in my spritz bottles other than that I only use it under the KKC . I will probably use V05 under the KCC and see if this works for me many youtubers suggested it.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd May 2010, 3:02 am

Let me know how the twists go with the KCCC. I've heard you can use it for twists, but haven't tried it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

4b's Please Stand Up! - Page 2 Empty Nice Defined Braid/Twist out

Post by Born2BeMe 2nd May 2010, 4:12 am

Hello ladies! So I just wanted to update you all on my progress with styling: I got a nice and defined braid/twist out using my Shea butter mixture under EcoStyler Olive oil gel. I had written previously saying the gel made my hair hard, but I tried it again and it was awesome (I previously used the gel on dry hair). Best hold/definition yet!

What did I do differently?
I spritzed my hair with water, applied my Shea mixture and then the gel and proceeded to plait 3/4 way down and twist the ends. It was really great!!!

Also, I received my Oyin products. So far the Shine and Define is okay, provides a nice soft hold. I'm not sure quite how moisturizing it is though bc I did use my Shea mixture underneath it since it seemed a bit too light for my hair. I can't handle the scent of the Whipped Pudding (it really smells like a Hershey bar). If anyone wants to swap for Shine and Define let me know (it's the 2oz. sample size). I have also listed it on the product swap page under (One woman's trash is another woman's treasure).

I will post an avatar pic as soon as I can get some camera batteries. Thanks for your help everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 2nd May 2010, 10:49 am

Hey Ladies. I am also in the 4category. I hear so much on here about Qhemet and I tried it once and I am almost positive I did not use it right. So I will be trying it again (AOHC). And I also plan to order some other things from the sale that I have heard recv good reviews here. But what about the Bee Mine product line. I have heard the Curly butter is good-but what about anything else on that line?

I currently Use the Aussie Moist for co-washes, and Kt as a leave in or HeHH and then I twist with a shealoe mixture with EVOO, castor oil, jojoba oil, glycerin and vitamin E. I twistout and wear that style for 3-4 days. I use my spritz in the mornings to refresh.

I have the Dr. Bronners pure castile soap and I use it to wash with.

I want to find a new shampoo to try and also other options to twist my hair with.

HELP!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 2nd May 2010, 8:17 pm

Hey ya'll

Here are the results off KCCC line for a twist set.

Results: My twist turned out beautifully, I washed, and set large twist with the KT and this morning, after the twist were complety dry, I twisted very small with KCCC for 2 hours, they are drying really fast, with no stickiness, kept the gel at a minimum. This will be really good for the summer months, if I am going to do rock twist. My hair feels so light, like it's not there. KCCC is very moisturizing on it's on I don't for see any problems this week. I will be mindful of my ends with JC nourish and shine or Qhelmet cocoa ghee. Super excited, who knew, twist with KCCC would be a success, I like it soo much better then using it on lose hair. Also after taking down the large twist, when I applied the KCCC on each section, the wave pattern was so fab, I coulda rocked it like that. Took my 4a/b hair to looking like a 3b. Very pretty, the combo of the dry twist and the gel and just smoothing down ward look sooo great ! But this is my 4th set of twist for the challenge, I must go on till 6 wks. Depending on how they feel on Sat I may keep them or I losen and do some flat twist and rock a twist out for my friend graduation festivities or I will stretch and saparate into a big fro. Really I am loving it, I know I ususally get around 4 days on loose hair when I use KCCC so I will see how long I get for twist. My goal is to see how they look on sat for all the fun.

I will attempt to post a pic for ya'll
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 2nd May 2010, 8:28 pm

aanwyn wrote:Hello ladies! So I just wanted to update you all on my progress with styling: I got a nice and defined braid/twist out using my Shea butter mixture under EcoStyler Olive oil gel. I had written previously saying the gel made my hair hard, but I tried it again and it was awesome (I previously used the gel on dry hair). Best hold/definition yet!

What did I do differently?
I spritzed my hair with water, applied my Shea mixture and then the gel and proceeded to plait 3/4 way down and twist the ends. It was really great!!!

Also, I received my Oyin products. So far the Shine and Define is okay, provides a nice soft hold. I'm not sure quite how moisturizing it is though bc I did use my Shea mixture underneath it since it seemed a bit too light for my hair. I can't handle the scent of the Whipped Pudding (it really smells like a Hershey bar). If anyone wants to swap for Shine and Define let me know (it's the 2oz. sample size). I have also listed it on the product swap page under (One woman's trash is another woman's treasure).

I will post an avatar pic as soon as I can get some camera batteries. Thanks for your help everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey, you know I actually have some Eco Styler, I bought a small one, the hold was like 10 or something, haven't tried the one with OO in it, layering with oil, shea mix and then the gel sounds like a solid plan, for even more protection agains the gel. I only used it once, I'm trying to use up some of these products, I also have a jar of Fantasia IC that I need to use up. But I only use natural products at this point. Hubby is growing his hair out so I will probaby style him up with it, he washes like every day anyway. MEN ! I swear the concept of not washing his hair with a bar of soap is so strange to him lol!

I tryed Oyin when I first became natural, I had there butter for almost 3 years, only got a corner left and I still have the juices and berry's. I will probably have hubby use that up as well. I just need to clear out some products. The shine and define never worked for me. You got a solid plan with using shea under any gel
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

4b's Please Stand Up! - Page 2 Empty pics twist with KCCC

Post by agore07 2nd May 2010, 11:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 2nd May 2010, 11:08 pm

agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 2nd May 2010, 11:09 pm

agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 3rd May 2010, 10:47 am

Coilykinks...You can try making your own shampoo. That's what I did and it's the best yet...it leaves my hair unbelievably soft. I made a raw black soap shampoo.
Directions:
1part black soap 4 parts water i.e. you only need a little soap.
Let raw black soap sit in the water so it can melt away.
Add your fave oils--I used jojoba, grapeseed, possibly castor can't remember--veg glycerin, aloe vera juice, and a fragrance oil if you want. It is very watery but it lathers like nobody's business and it's not drying at all. Just don't use too much black soap. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 3rd May 2010, 11:37 am

Agore07, love your twists!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 3rd May 2010, 11:54 am

EmbracingNaturalMe wrote:Agore07, love your twists!

Thanks ! I love them too, you can't tell in the pick, but they are small and the KCCC have them just shinning, and they are soo moist and light, just the right product for this weather woot!
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 3rd May 2010, 12:00 pm

aanwyn wrote:Coilykinks...You can try making your own shampoo. That's what I did and it's the best yet...it leaves my hair unbelievably soft. I made a raw black soap shampoo.
Directions:
1part black soap 4 parts water i.e. you only need a little soap.
Let raw black soap sit in the water so it can melt away.
Add your fave oils--I used jojoba, grapeseed, possibly castor can't remember--veg glycerin, aloe vera juice, and a fragrance oil if you want. It is very watery but it lathers like nobody's business and it's not drying at all. Just don't use too much black soap. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I just got some black soap, I used it on my face twice and my fast appear brighter, I'm already light, but I dunno how to describe it, but my face looks brighter or something.

I was thinking of making some shampoo with Dr. Bonner's soap, the baby mild one. I got some for my son, to make his bubble bath. But I might use some for some shampoo, right now I am cleansing monthly with either alma powders, KC Come Clean, or Trader Joes Nourish Shampoo. But I don't 100 % love any of them the powders, do make my curls pop like nobody's business and the come clean, leaves the hair squeky clean but it feel hard. So you are saying put a few chucks in a bottle and let it melt and add some EOs and that's it ?
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd May 2010, 7:59 pm

agore07 wrote:
EmbracingNaturalMe wrote:Agore07, love your twists!

Thanks ! I love them too, you can't tell in the pick, but they are small and the KCCC have them just shinning, and they are soo moist and light, just the right product for this weather [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

your twists are amazing. Its funny that u did your twists with the KCCC because I have been comtemplating doing twists on my daughters hair using the KCCC. The only thing is I don't have time to do the big twists and wait for them to dry, and then small twist the next day.

Your results are great. I am just learning to do decent twists on my hair, but thanks for sharing.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd May 2010, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the pics and once again the step by step Agore. I will be trying this method in the near future. :-)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 3rd May 2010, 10:27 pm

Agore07 how do you make shamoo with the dr. bronner's? I saw some the other day in Target but didn't know how to do it so I left it there. And you're making bubble bath with it as well. My girls and I can't use any type of bubbly scented soaps because of sensitive southern regions, I know tmi, but with dr. bronners being more natural, I wonder how that would work.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 4th May 2010, 2:56 am

I just got some black soap, I used it on my face twice and my fast
appear brighter, I'm already light, but I dunno how to describe it, but
my face looks brighter or something.

I was thinking of making
some shampoo with Dr. Bonner's soap, the baby mild one. I got some for
my son, to make his bubble bath. But I might use some for some shampoo,
right now I am cleansing monthly with either alma powders, KC Come
Clean, or Trader Joes Nourish Shampoo. But I don't 100 % love any of
them the powders, do make my curls pop like nobody's business and the
come clean, leaves the hair squeky clean but it feel hard. So you are
saying put a few chucks in a bottle and let it melt and add some EOs and
that's it ?

agore07...yes ma'am! It's pretty amazing. I add aloe vera juice and glycerin bc they are very moisturizing, however, I don't use the glycerin in the winter. I actually saw it on youtube on NaturalEndlessB but she closed her account. You can see it here as well though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgbFNwUcgo&playnext_from=TL&videos=NQ1CIM6EF8I. I do think she makes too much work for herself tho. Also, when you're going to use it make sure you can shake bc the products separate from the water.

I was going to try Dr. Bronner's shampoos, but I am so glad I didn't. Check out Kimmaytube on youtuber. Her most recent video is on pH basics/balance. The pH of Dr. Bronner's shampoo is at just about the same level as a relaxer! Her video is really informative. I'm thinking about going to CVS and purchasing some pH strips to test my products to make sure they are pH balanced.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 4th May 2010, 2:59 am

O and you don't need to grate the soap as she does. It will dissolve on it's own. So you just leave the pieces of soap to melt for about a day and then add your fave moisturizing oils. You will need a preservative tho...I used rosemary eo and i think a little honey. Vitamin E works well also.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 4th May 2010, 11:45 am

I have no idea what type of hair I have. You ladies make it sound so easy.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next