CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixing Product Lines - Si or No?

+10
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
coilykinks
dajewel
LaToya28
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteƩ
jamaicanmecurly
BlakButterfli
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mixing Product Lines - Si or No? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixing Product Lines - Si or No?

Post by CurlsGalore 28th April 2010, 8:06 pm

There is no rule that says you have to use same brand. I mix and match. Every product serves a unique purpose. The only thing I'm using now from the same brand is Giovanni Shampoo/Conditoner combo.

@ Dajewel: I mixed my shampoo and conditioner together (buffering) and I got great results.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Mixing Product Lines - Si or No? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixing Product Lines - Si or No?

Post by dajewel 29th April 2010, 1:27 am

Nessa101 wrote:Question: When you put the coconut oil do you massage it into your scalp or do you just rub some on the tips of your hair? And do you let it sit for a couple min. and rinse it out or can you leave it in your hair? I'm so confused. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-Thankss

u can do what u want with the coconut oil. i do all of the above.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th April 2010, 1:28 am

CurlsGalore wrote:There is no rule that says you have to use same brand. I mix and match. Every product serves a unique purpose. The only thing I'm using now from the same brand is Giovanni Shampoo/Conditoner combo.

@ Dajewel: I mixed my shampoo and conditioner together (buffering) and I got great results.

great! what shampoo and conditioner did u use? am using it to buffer.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 30th April 2010, 12:26 am

I think you can do what you want with the coconut oil, depending on what your desired result is. If you want to add moisture to your ends, then I would put it on the ends. It doesn't really give me much definition, but that may be because I'm still transitioning.

I'm new to using coconut oil, but I can tell you that I love how it makes my scalp feel. But, a warning: It acts in the hair just like it acts in real life, in the jar. In real life, when the coconut oil is cooler, it's a solid, and it melts when it's warmer. It does the same thing in hair! I've learned that even though I love it, I can't use too much all over. One day I put it all over my scalp, and the hair, and the ends of the hair to seal after I washed hair. It felt good!!!

But then I was out shopping...and literally started melting. Oil just oozing out of my hair, down my neck, over my shoulders...the more I wiped it away, the more it just kept flowing!! Another day I tried it (yes, I made the same exact mistake TWICE). I sealed with too much coconut oil, and as my hair melted while I was out, I noticed it was kind of still wet underneath. I thought "well, I look ready to be put in the frying pan, but at least my hair is moist!"

So, I'd say you can leave it in your hair if you don't put too much of it on. I intend to wash it out sometimes, but I never do, since I think "seriously, it took too long for me to get this in my head for me to just rinse it out." I bought a big jar of it, and it's not exactly made for easily applying to hair!

I use the LouAna brand, straight from the cooking aisle at the regular grocery store. I wish I could find something that said 'pure' or 'virgin' or 'cold pressed'; still in search of it. Where does everyone shop, besides whole foods?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 30th April 2010, 12:29 am

P.S. I didn't try on any clothes that day.

P. P. S. Now I just put it on the scalp, and I don't melt very much now. I don't remember what I used on the hair itself.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 30th April 2010, 10:49 am

I think I have added three products to my Holy Grail of stuff.

Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Treatment Masque

I get the softest hair with these products and am very happy. I am planning on purchasing the other Shea Moisture products that match the Treatment Masque this weekend, so I will still be fairly consistent with the line, but still use stuff that works great for my hair.

Now, I just have to get rid of the Giovanni leave-in that I brought the other day...
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 1st May 2010, 2:15 am

Thank you guys for the tips! I just bought some coconut oil today. I got ultimate organic therapy coconut oil. I just applied some to my scalp and ends like an hr ago and it smells so good! Smile
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2