CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

+73
Maricopa
swoodward
Heart2Worship
Curlz of Luv
newday
priceless
Neems
Happy2B
Janet36603
Deva_87
NhappyJackie
kinksncurls
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlsunfurled
soleil
KnottyKinkyMommy
LaToya28
CocoEuro
iri9109
Mom2KurlyT
Serenity23
Pinkrage
MomnWife
jlowman1
BrownSkinDiva
LadyMika
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
~JOME~
vmichelle
HAMPTONSFNST
awills
Curly_Aquarius
TMS
coilykinks
crvng4mr
NylaCoils
mrsmackey
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
A85
exhale1913
jcanalena79
Karyn
ktoliver5303
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
sunbaby
CrissyQ
NubieNatty
StephanieB
Mz. Thang
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
TerraD
Nikcoils
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Muz
Notthecoolmom
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
77 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 16th May 2010, 3:23 pm

hOW did you do your hair in your profile picture??And the new twists are cute by the way!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by sweetdrk1 16th May 2010, 3:25 pm

those twist are lovely as ever!! I knew it would be ca-ute!! I still havent started! gRRRR going to get started now!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 3:27 pm

Hey S_A_L!!!

I was inspired by HairMania 3000 on Youtube. It was a style she did for Summyr1988 flat twist/braid contest. I have 4 two strand flat twist on each side (left/ride). Then I two strand twisted the rest and pinned it up.

Thanks!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 3:28 pm

Thanks Sweet!! Yes, you better get started. I'm about to go take a nap. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Sleep I was up until 1am doing my hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th May 2010, 3:42 pm

The twists came out lovely! Can't wait for the Eco Custard review. For detangling have you tried only finger detangling during your wash routine then detangling with the comb while you're styling?

I was also detangling with a comb twice but now when I rinse the conditioner out I run my fingers through my hair to feel for any knots or tangles and work those out and do the real detangling as I comb and style my hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 4:19 pm

Beautiful twists Lynnie!!! I tried washing in twists, but some of them came loose. If I twisted my hair so it would be tight enough to stay, I could do it. Does that make sense? So after I was done, I'd just plop and retwist my twists (this is because they were small enough to stand up against my shower head). Then I tried putting my hair in about 10 or so scrunchies and washing like that. It worked just the same. So I didn't detangle a bunch of times, only smoothing my ends when I twisted. Hope that helps.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 16th May 2010, 6:05 pm

I use clips or ouchless bands, I can't do the twists they just plump and get tangled again. I try to detangle once.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 7:29 pm

No advice on getting tangles out, but I will say what a very nice job you did with your twists shrinkage and all!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 7:34 pm

@ Krazy coils - Thanks! That's exactly what I am gonna do next time.

@ Eden - Thanks Hair Twin! I'm trying to cut down on my time in the shower. Yesterday, it took me 40 minutes. I think if I finger detangle in the shower, it will cut down on that time. I think detangling out of the shower will work better since I put the twist in anyway to stretch and help with drying time.

@ NTCM - I am trying to figure out the best way to detangle once too. From start to finished, with about a 30-40 break in between, it took me 8 hours to do my hair yesterday :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Icon_eek

@ KNH - Thanks!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 16th May 2010, 8:13 pm

Your twist look awesome. OMG...my hubby would be ALL in my face if it took me 8 hrs. He can't stand the 2-4hrs. I got started late on my hair last night (10pm). I wasn't done until 1am.

I was trying to flat twist the front but it was too late to be trying something new. So I scratched that idea after my parts didn't look that great. I reverted back to a WNG using Shea Moisture. Check out the pics in my CSJ.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th May 2010, 8:31 pm

dmnnnnn 8 hrs!! wow!! u definitely did a good job though, those maybe able to last for a good 2 wks!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 8:45 pm

Yes 8 hours....from the time I stepped in the shower til I finished the last twist....only a break to eat dinner/set up the home barbershop/assist hubby with getting lil man ready for bed.

I know when my hair gets longer, it will take less time because I wont have to do as many twist.....at least that's what I am hoping.

Nubie, I dont know about 2 weeks. That's a challenge I havent mastered yet.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th May 2010, 9:04 pm

i think u could do it
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th May 2010, 9:35 pm

Hey Lynnie!! Your twists look awesome!!! I'm loving that green top on you, too! That's my fave color! You did a great job!

It looks like you twisted yours very small. It looks nice and full. I wish I didn't have to pin mine. My twists always look so spacey and they don't puff up like most of the curlies. They also don't stay hanging...they like to curl up and go ever which way. *sigh*

Anywho, I LOVE IT!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 10:00 pm

Thanks CurlsGalore!! When I do my twist small, they curl up and shrink a lot but I'm ok with that.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 16th May 2010, 10:07 pm

8 hours! That's a long time. But they look great. I think it takes me about 4-5 to do my
braids and if I do twists 3-4 hours. But I don't ever do them as small as yours in the picture. I can't get 2 weeks out of twists either
but I can get them out of braids. I just wash and deep condition with
the braids in
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th May 2010, 10:16 pm

Hey Lynnie...in the words of Nyla (and Ru)..."You bedda wurk"! :-)

Love your hair...it is lookin' good!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 11:22 pm

Thanks Kinksncurls and TheRyl1!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 11:32 pm

I can relate. My whole wash, condition, moisturize, and twist routine is an entire day in itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 11:39 pm

I'm glad you feel me Eden.....that's why I trying to find ways to cut down on the process.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th May 2010, 12:09 am

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Icon_flower I LOVE KIMMAYTUBE!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Icon_flower
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 17th May 2010, 12:16 am

Did you just watch her leave in conditioner video??? Isn't it great she makes me want to go and get some aloe vera juice and ph strips LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th May 2010, 1:21 am

Yes!! I love how she always gives great tip and information. I loved that she said she didnt leave rinse out conditioners in her hair. Some times as naturals, I FEEL, we(as a community) get carried away with some of the things we put in our hair. Then we wonder why our hair is dry, shedding, has horrible build up, breaking off, itchy scalps.....etc.

I always use products the way there intended first before I start adding things to it. If we keep it simple....wash, condition/deep condition, moisturize and use low manipulation, then our hair will thrive.

That's my little rant... :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Icon_silent

Disclaimer: This is my opinion.....MY OPINION....
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th May 2010, 2:03 am

i totally agree! keepin it simple definitely helps...and patience! at first i used to attempt to use some condish as leave in's but i didnt see much of a difference and in some cases my hair was more dry :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 22 Icon_neutral but i do leave some in on emergency situations. i've yet to use condish in my spritz cuz my oil concoctions w/water suit me just fine. i will do another attempt of the accordion method though and im still on the fence about this YTCucumbers...its just somethin about it thats not clickin wit me like my 1st time i used the carrots. The carrots gave me more of a WOW in a sample bottle than my cucumbers...im gonna give it 2 more tries...just 2!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th May 2010, 6:45 am

Hey Lynn,
You are working those hairstyles, girlfriend... Laughing
They look fabulous. I love the pic with you and your son too.
He is so handsome. And that color halter favors you.
I am happy I decided to go down your road and do these 2 strand twists. But 8 hours, NO WAY!!!! I will not be spending 8 hours doing no hair. My husband and boys would flip out on me.... Laughing .

I agree. Less is more and consistany in routine and products that work is the key to healthy hair. However, if you do other things like DC mixes, amlas, hennas, bentonite, prepoo, etc you should know what the heck you are doing, and what are the benefits .................. Laughing (not saying you, as in you....lol). But certain products can't be mixed with certain things and rotating products around constantly looking for that special product does not help. This journey takes patience and consistancy for health, growth, and length. Once your hair likes something, stick with it. Ok that is enough on your thread. Sorry Laughing

LOVE THE NEW AVI!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next