CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

+73
Maricopa
swoodward
Heart2Worship
Curlz of Luv
newday
priceless
Neems
Happy2B
Janet36603
Deva_87
NhappyJackie
kinksncurls
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlsunfurled
soleil
KnottyKinkyMommy
LaToya28
CocoEuro
iri9109
Mom2KurlyT
Serenity23
Pinkrage
MomnWife
jlowman1
BrownSkinDiva
LadyMika
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
~JOME~
vmichelle
HAMPTONSFNST
awills
Curly_Aquarius
TMS
coilykinks
crvng4mr
NylaCoils
mrsmackey
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
A85
exhale1913
jcanalena79
Karyn
ktoliver5303
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
sunbaby
CrissyQ
NubieNatty
StephanieB
Mz. Thang
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
TerraD
Nikcoils
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Muz
Notthecoolmom
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
77 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th May 2010, 2:07 pm

Hey Lynnie! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_queen of Twists.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by exhale1913 4th May 2010, 4:42 pm

Hi! Just stopping by to say hello! I have been itching to try out Oyin myself, but I have wayyy too much stuff to use up before I make an order.

Looking forward to hearing about what you purchased and how it works out for you. I'll have to live vicariously through you!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th May 2010, 4:53 pm

Lynnieluve wrote::: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 879602 I just purchased my Oyin Handmade!!! I am too excited....and the good thing is I still about money left in the hair budget for this month!!!!!!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 879602

I so love Oyin...what did you get. I'm going to order some more Honey Hemp Conditioner..I just love that stuff!!!

Do you twist on wet, damp or dry hair?

KNH...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 6:29 pm

Here's the run down...

Hubby gave me the hair budget for this month late last night and I am sad to report that it has all been spent in less than 24 hrs :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad. Now I cant purchase anything else until July...sigh :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes

So here is what I ordered from Oyin

~Honey Hemp Conditioner
~Burnt Sugar Pomade
~Whipped Pudding
~Shine and Define
~Whipped Shea Butter (for hubby...me too..haha)
~Greg Juice

Grand total: $82.50 :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_eek

As some of you know, I've used Oyin Handmade before but it was when I had a TWA (shortly after my Big Chop). I am praying it works the same now that Roxie is longer.

This is my first time trying the Burnt Sugar Pomade. I am hoping it works well for slicking down my edges. I dont really like using gel on my edges.

Since Hubby has dry scalp issues, I purchased the whipped shea butter for him. When I told him I was gonna make him a shea butter mix, he told me he wanted his plain and he didnt want to smell like a woman :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol. Of course I want to try it too. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_lol

So I went to Tarjay (Target) today (insert scary music) and......uh.......yea. Let me explain....see what had happened was Lynne bka Poeticspkng did this great review on the SheaMoisture line and the PJ in me perked up. I've been doing really good with keep my PJism in check....I dont know if it's because her name is Lynne or what but....yea :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad.

The good thing was I made a conscious decision when I made my purchase. She did her review on Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie with coconut oil, silk protein and neem oil. Well Roxie can only handle a little protein so I didnt purchase it. I purchase the SheaMoisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque w/sea kelp, argan oil and shea butter. I used up the last of the CD Tui Smoothie on Sunday so it was kind of time to try a new deep treatment anyway....right? :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Confused Well, that's what I told myself.

I also picked up the SheaMoisture 100% organic shea butter infused with coconut & hibiscus. I love body butters so I decided to give it a try.

And lastly, I ordered some avocado oil from iherb.com (couldnt find any locally which sucks). I would be so happy if it got here by Sunday but I doubt it. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the eco custard
(InspiredCoils on YouTube...thanks again Shee and Chrs). As soon as I get the oil, I am gonna make the custard and give it a try on my twist.

This post is long enough. Now let me see if I can get caught up and see if we have any new neighbors (TMS and MomnWife - I'm still waiting on you - let me see if you have started a thread yet) Later curlies!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 4th May 2010, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 6:32 pm

@ Nubie - Which conditioner? Honey Hemp? I only ordered the sample pack so it ran out a long time ago.

@ MsStokes - I havent used it in about a month (trying to use up all the other conditioners). I still love it though.

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 4th May 2010, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 4th May 2010, 6:32 pm

Hair budget?!?!? I would start pawning stuff. Hubby would come home be like "where is my tv?" I would respond "in my hair"
lol!
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 6:34 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Hair budget?!?!? I would start pawning stuff. Hubby would come home be like "where is my tv?" I would respond "in my hair"
lol!

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol He is helping keep this PJism in check. He always tells me to get whatever I want but I told him we would end up homeless :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_lol. So I asked him to set a budget for me....it was $150 this time which I blew through already :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad .
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 4th May 2010, 6:37 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:Hair budget?!?!? I would start pawning stuff. Hubby would come home be like "where is my tv?" I would respond "in my hair"
lol!

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol He is helping keep this PJism in check. He always tells me to get whatever I want but I told him we would end up homeless :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_lol. So I asked him to set a budget for me....it was $150 this time which I blew through already :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad .

OMG! You do have a problem. I spend about that much in a year - maybe. I'm calling Intervention and see if I can get you on there. I only buy stuff on sale and I use a lot of coupons. I am one of those shoppers that gets $200 worth of food for $70
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 6:38 pm

@ Dva and Exhale1913 - Hey! **waving**

@ KNH - I prefer to twist on damp to almost dry hair. Sometimes because of the time, I have to twist on wet hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 6:39 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
lol!

OMG! You do have a problem. I spend about that much in a year - maybe. I'm calling Intervention and see if I can get you on there. I only buy stuff on sale and I use a lot of coupons. I am one of those shoppers that gets $200 worth of food for $70

In my defense, about $20 of it is in shipping cost :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_evil....does that help me out? :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_scratch
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th May 2010, 6:46 pm

WOW LYNNIE!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_eek I hope Roxie likes all that stuff or I'll see you in the product swap thread :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_wink I've been itching to make my first Oyin purchase but don't know what to get. I'm thinking the Honey Hemp Condish and Burnt Sugar Pomade to start.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 4th May 2010, 6:47 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
lol!

In my defense, about $20 of it is in shipping cost :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_evil....does that help me out? :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_scratch

LOL, it helps some
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 4th May 2010, 6:55 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:@ Nubie - Which conditioner? Honey Hemp? I only ordered the sample pack so it ran out a long time ago.

@ MsStokes - I havent used it in about a month (trying to use up all the other conditioners). I still love it though.

Oh. when you use it, do you use it as just a rinse out or as a leave in as well?? And do you experience any build up from it?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 6:59 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:@ Nubie - Which conditioner? Honey Hemp? I only ordered the sample pack so it ran out a long time ago.

Oh. when you use it, do you use it as just a rinse out or as a leave in as well?? And do you experience any build up from it?

I only use it as a rinse out. I typically use my products as directed. I'm scared to leave rinse out conditioners in my hair. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 7:01 pm

@Lynn oooh you gotta report back on the Shea Moisture stuff. Can you list some ingredients so I can see if it has all the goodies my hair currently likes? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

@Tia--you gotta share your couponing methods because I need to lower my grocery bill!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th May 2010, 7:07 pm

That is certainly an impressive list. LOL, but the bright side is you probably won't NEED to buy anything else before July. Heck, that stuff may last you through the summer and half of the fall. Smile

I can't talk about you though, if I had the money I'd be worse, and I don't have a husband to ask to help keep me in check. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 4th May 2010, 7:08 pm

Yeah, girl, you did some damage! Don't feel bad, I could have EASILY spent that myself!

But when I say I have sooooo much stuff, I'm telling you, it's BAD!!! I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid that it's going to "expire." I'm not sure if it will, but I don''t know what shelf life is. Our downstairs bathroom cabinet is full, my cabinet under my sink is full, and I've snuck a few items in the girls' bathroom cabinet and linen closet..

I HATE wasting money, so I have challenged myself to not buy anything else. I just keep a "wish list" of items that I want to try. so right now, i'm ONLY replacing items that i am COMPLETELY out of...

I think I've seen avocado oil in the vitamin shoppe. did you check there?
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 7:14 pm

Tia don't give her any excuses, she is outta control!!
lol! ok not really but good grief Lynnie you spent A LOT! I hope you like all your purchases. I've been very successful in staying away from Tarjay myself so hopefully I can continue to do so Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 7:23 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:@Lynn oooh you gotta report back on the Shea Moisture stuff. Can you list some ingredients so I can see if it has all the goodies my hair currently likes? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

@Tia--you gotta share your couponing methods because I need to lower my grocery bill!

The writing is so small and my eye sight isnt that great but I will do it for you CCC :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_lol

SHEA MOISTURE ORGANIC RAW SHEA BUTTER
DEEP TREATMENT MASQUE
W/SEA KELP, ARGAN OIL AND SHEA BUTTER

Ingredients:
deionized water, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), argan oil, cetyl esters, sea kelp extract, panthenol (vitamin B-5), ammonium salt, essential oil blend, avocado oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower (and) lonicera japonica (japanese Honeysuckle) flower extract, tocopherol (vitamin E), hyssopus Officinalis extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf and equisetum arvense extract, soybean oil, Daucus Carota (carrot) seed oil

whew....that was tough!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_lol

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th May 2010, 7:46 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol @ tia I am with you coupons and on sale only. I have a garnier fructis coupn staring me in face saying you know you want to try the Triple nutrion line and it's a $1 off and i saw it in Wallyworld for $2.99. Yeah I got 11 days til my coupon expires but it will be used for sure.

@Lynn I think you need to call the natural hair police on yourself. Shipping cost $20 geeze Louise! I am living vicariously through you...teehee
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 7:59 pm

@ exhale1913 - we dont have a vitamin shoppe here. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad

Ok, my math was off a little. I went back and added everything up and I still have $25 dollars left :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_bounce but I wont be purchasing anything else.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 8:01 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:@ exhale1913 - we dont have a vitamin shoppe here. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad

Ok, my math was off a little. I went back and added everything up and I still have $25 dollars left :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_bounce but I wont be purchasing anything else.
Ok Lynnie, I'm holding you accountable for that statement! NO MORE PURCHASES! Til July at least Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 8:02 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol @ tia I am with you coupons and on sale only. I have a garnier fructis coupn staring me in face saying you know you want to try the Triple nutrion line and it's a $1 off and i saw it in Wallyworld for $2.99. Yeah I got 11 days til my coupon expires but it will be used for sure.

@Lynn I think you need to call the natural hair police on yourself. Shipping cost $20 geeze Louise! I am living vicariously through you...teehee

Yep between Oyin and iherb.com :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 8:03 pm

bholmes87 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:@ exhale1913 - we dont have a vitamin shoppe here. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Icon_sad

Ok Lynnie, I'm holding you accountable for that statement! NO MORE PURCHASES! Til July at least Smile

Yes, hold me accountable. I will only repurchase my staples when I run out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 8:39 pm

Lynnie, the "good wife" in me says 'i'm proud of you for trying to get this little PJ under control....nowwwwwwwww....the rebel wife in me has one eyebrow up and saying, "who gon' check me boo?!?!" :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 12 Lol i'm with the other ladies...i'm living vicariously thru u..I want to order some hair products but between me eating out (yes..i have an inner girl in me that loves food!!) EVERYDAY at work..something would go lacking honey!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next