CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Months Post Relaxer

+49
Jezebel
jamaican.beauty
shaun0822
MxdChic
StraightCurlz
legallybrunette
Ladybug83
JessiWantsCurls
NaturalMahogany
tpayne22
grateful07
Butterfly125
Stephy0306
minday83
CurlsofGlory
pretty,Pleaseee
Treece
may_C_love
Rissi
lananicole
Leta
simplyconfident
princesspoet
omgitsaj
choosemusic
willi77
LadyByars
jewanda
Naturally Zee
CurlySha
curlynista
tamekia_delux
Amy V.
Mom2KurlyT
sophisticatedbeauty
Janique
Soon2Bcurly20
DEE DUBB
Karameldiva1978
JossBella
CurlyChefRobin
jadore04
MaNesha
lolakinkz
erranicole
SoulfulSista
bholmes87
CrissyQ
*CurlyNikki*
53 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 4 Empty Re: 3 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Treece 26th October 2010, 2:40 am

Congrats to all you ladies @ the 3 month mark! And welcome to the newbies. Have fun transitioning. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 26th October 2010, 8:51 pm

3 months post as of yesterday , my last relaxer was july 25th,2010. i`m thinking of transitioning for 30 months Suspect lol we will see how that goes. 3 down 27 to go!
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 27th October 2010, 1:41 pm

3 months in...so far not so bad. I still need to find a conditioner and a leave-in. My hair doesn't like products with protein so that makes it difficult. I tried the carols daughters products and that didn't work out at all. I also tried the herbal essence hello hydration and that doesn't work either. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Still lovin the transiton though.
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 4 Empty Newly transitioning

Post by minday83 29th October 2010, 5:13 pm

I'm 3 months post and new to this site. I was on the fence about going natural but coming to this site help me make the decision. Right now I'm using mayalasian weaving technique to transition because my hair is short and it puts no stress on it. I plan on bc probably in may once my hair grows out some more. I love you
minday83
minday83

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 4th November 2010, 1:08 pm

This is my 3rd month now with transitioning and i would like to see some more hair growth it still doesnt look like ive been transitioning, yes u can see the new growth but theres still more perm hair. When should i expect to have at least half of my hair natural?

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 4th November 2010, 2:46 pm

I'm almost at the 4 month mark of transitioning, but until last Friday, I wore braids for the majority of that time, and after taking the braids out, I still treated my hair as if I had a perm...blow drying and using curling irons. Last Friday I did a mini chop, and I am having the hardest time dealing with these two textures. I'll never turn back though...lol. Right now my safe style is rod setting, but I think I'll take the weekends to really experiment and see else works for combining the two textures. My hair is only about 3 in. with half being natural and half being perm. Any suggestions?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by grateful07 9th November 2010, 12:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hello. My name is Mia. This is my first forum post. Yea!!! Very Happy I am 3 months post relaxer and I am contemplating BCing. So much of the over-processed relaxed hair has broken off. However, I'm in the military and i am trying consider the maintainence of a TWA.
this is my first "mini" chop (09/04/2010) where the stylist cut about 4 inches off. this style was impossible to maintain without frequent heat. So now I try to do twistouts and twist rod sets. it looks ok but my relaxed hair is so thin and weak that it takes work to make it look decent. Did any one else come to this point? If so, any guidance you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. Smile
grateful07
grateful07

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 11th November 2010, 9:21 pm

I'm 3 months and about two weeks. Oh my goodness I have set a date for my big chop but it was driving me nuts because Im so anxious to see what my curls can do! Plus I don't think I can last til the beginning of a new school year especially since my quarter just started but I have been putting my focuses toward healthy hair care and maintinence. It is keeping me way occupied with all this reading. I know I wont BC until I know I fully understand how to maintain it! So for now I get my trims and continue with my braid outs! SO until then.... Smile
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 11th November 2010, 10:15 pm

Grateful, how long are your relaxed ends? I ask because I'm wondering, since the relaxed ends are so damaged, would it be easier to manage if you just cut them off? Of course, the one thing I keep running into over and over in this forum is not to BC until you are ready. I'm new at this, too. When my hair was relaxed, I wore it in a very short pixy haircut, so now that I'm transitioning, I don't have that much to work with. I've kind of perfected my rod set so I'm sticking to that for now, but have you tried a twist and curl? I'm going to try that tonight.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by grateful07 11th November 2010, 10:39 pm

Butterfly,
You are right. I did some thinking and praying since I posted and I have decided to BC. I think I'm going to BC this Saturday. I believe it will be easier to manage. I was just nervous of how I would look and the fact that my hair has never been that short. I have come to the conclusion to just let the hair go and be free! Laughing Thank you for your advice. Very Happy How do you put the ticker tape up here?
grateful07
grateful07

Back to top Go down

Post by grateful07 11th November 2010, 10:41 pm

My ends are at my shoulder but it is different lengths all over.
grateful07
grateful07

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 12th November 2010, 2:09 am

Grateful, you're beautiful, and that won't change when you cut your hair. Besides, it'll grow back longer, stronger, and healthier than before. For the ticker tape, you just go to tickerfactory.com, make yours, copy the URL (I think that's what it is Embarassed ) and paste it as your signature in your profile here.

Keep us posted about your BC...whatever you decide. There's no right or wrong answer. What's right is whatever you're comfortable with.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by grateful07 13th November 2010, 2:56 am

Butterfly,
Thank you so much. Very Happy
grateful07
grateful07

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalMahogany 17th November 2010, 1:10 am

I am officially 3 months post relaxer! I have struggled this week because I see many women with long luxurious hair and I miss how my hair fell to my soles my back. I am determined to be natural though. I knew it was going to be tough, but it is one of the hardest things that I hope I can accomplish.

Here are some pics!

NaturalMahogany

http://naturalmahogany.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 22nd November 2010, 9:41 am

Hi ladies! It's my first time transitioning and I'm 3 months in ... 4 by the end of the week. It's been a struggle. I wore freestyle braids for the past month and a half and took them out last week. Now my hair just looks a mess. I'm working on a getting an appointment in with a transitioning stylist but I know that will be a battle since it's the week of thanksgiving. I don't want to get braids put back in immediately because I don't want all the tension pulling my hair out on the sides. I'm trying to push through though. This is struggle.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 22nd November 2010, 2:06 pm

@ Jessi...Yes I know the feeling. It will be 4 months on the first for me. I don't know how long your hair is but braid outs and bantu knots have been my friend. Some days it looks messy but I just have to remind myself of the final outcome. Somedays a cute chingnon works great as a protective style. My hair isnt thick enough for a two strand twist but I plan on doing that when I'm all natural. Another cute style I saw was a young lady who braided her roots make like 3-4 inches down and she would flexirod the ends. The next day she would finger separate. I tried it once and liked it. I left the braid in for a few days then took it out and pinned some nice updo.

Good luck on your journey!
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 22nd November 2010, 9:05 pm

jessi_428 wrote:Hi ladies! It's my first time transitioning and I'm 3 months in ... 4 by the end of the week. It's been a struggle. I wore freestyle braids for the past month and a half and took them out last week. Now my hair just looks a mess. I'm working on a getting an appointment in with a transitioning stylist but I know that will be a battle since it's the week of thanksgiving. I don't want to get braids put back in immediately because I don't want all the tension pulling my hair out on the sides. I'm trying to push through though. This is struggle.

Take a look at the transitioning styles post in this (the transitioning) forum. They have a lot of cute styles to try. I'm about three months in my transition, and I've been using this time to experiment with my hair and find out what she really likes. I've tried bantu knot out, braid-outs, several variations of bunning (high bun, messy bun, side bun, southern-tease bun, etc.), and a flexi rod sets. Some styles were cute; some I'll never try again. The point is to experiment and have fun with your hair. Very Happy

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 22nd November 2010, 10:16 pm

Thanks guys! If I have the guts, next time I wash it, I'll take pictures of it and post. My hair's pretty short, and it's longer in some parts than in others (part of the reason that I'm trying to start over). I've been getting relaxers since I was about 4 yrs old, so I have NO idea what my hair looks like. From what's come out so far though and how it would look between relaxers, I'm pretty sure I'm the kinky type 4 hair ... what's that ... 4b? One of those.

Since I was a little overwhelmed and went into instant panic mode when I washed it last week, I'm going to try it again tomorrow a little more calmly so that I can really see what my hair looks like. I literally FREAKED OUT when I took my braids out and washed my hair. Oh well ... let the journey begin!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 22nd November 2010, 10:17 pm

Thanks guys! If I have the guts, next time I wash it, I'll take pictures of it and post. My hair's pretty short, and it's longer in some parts than in others (part of the reason that I'm trying to start over). I've been getting relaxers since I was about 4 yrs old, so I have NO idea what my hair looks like. From what's come out so far though and how it would look between relaxers, I'm pretty sure I'm the kinky type 4 hair ... what's that ... 4b? One of those.

Since I was a little overwhelmed and went into instant panic mode when I washed it last week, I'm going to try it again tomorrow a little more calmly so that I can really see what my hair looks like. I literally FREAKED OUT when I took my braids out and washed my hair. Oh well ... let the journey begin!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 4 Empty New to being natural...

Post by legallybrunette 19th December 2010, 3:33 am

Hi everyone! I'm new to everything- this webite, natural terminology, and my unpermed hair. I decided to go natural because my hair was becoming damaged from perms, frequent flat ironing, and the stress of law school. My last relaxer was in August 2010, and I've been wearing a full sew in since October 2010. I made sure to leave out hair all around my head so that it wouldn't get damaged by being braided too tight and it's covered by the weave. The hair that's left out is extremely dry and although it responds well to water and any kind of product, it gets dry and kinky within minutes. Most days I don't do anything to it. Am I supposed to be putting something on it, and if so what products work well on kinky, s-curl pattern hair? Also, does hair grow faster after a BC, ? I plan on getting a BC one day, but I'm hesitant because I'm currently interviewing for jobs and I don't know how to wear a natural style professionally, and because I really don't know what products to try on kinky hair so it doesn't look so dry. I'm determined not to get a perm, and I can't wear weave forever... Please shoot me any suggestions you have. Thank you in advance!

legallybrunette

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 20th December 2010, 1:31 pm

Welcome Legallybrunette! My last relaxer was in August 2010 too. I wore braids until the beginning of October 2010, and now I'm wearing my hair out and experimenting with lots of transitioning styles. I'm currently wearing a flexi-rod set. I personally believe that natural hair can (and does) look professional. A bun is the universal (good on any type of hair) style for interviews. Depending on your hair length, that could be a good option for you. As for your questions re: the weave, you should definitely keep the hair that's exposed moisturized. Do you have a spritz bottle? You could mix your fav conditioner, water, and your oil of choice (usually I use coconut oil, castor oil, tea tree oil, or sweet almond oil) and spray that area daily to keep it moisturized.

How long are you planning to transition?

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 4 Empty 3 Months Post Relaxer - BC

Post by StraightCurlz 7th January 2011, 1:43 am

This is me about 3 months post relaxer (October 2010 - January 2011). I was going to wait until March, but I didn't have the patience to wait lol.

StraightCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by MxdChic 13th January 2011, 7:22 pm

Just wanted to say hi ladies. I just joined today. A friend of mine sent me the link to curlynikki and I am hooked. My last relaxer was October 13th, so today is actually my 3 months post relaxer date!!! I've been having a hard time figuring out how to wear my hair and at times have tried styles that have failed (perm rods, two strand twists) and I find myself washing way too often (sometimes twice a week), so I have resolved from this week to wash every other week so not to stress my line of demarcation, etc. I would love to hear any tips from other ladies. Right now I am just bunning because so many things just don't seem to work for me like they work for others. I intend on being a long transitioner. Hope to get to know you gals as we all continue on our journeys!!!!
MxdChic
MxdChic

http://www.ninisays.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun0822 23rd January 2011, 10:08 pm

Hi Everyone, today is my first post. I am 3 months today. I have been working on mastering one style and creating a regimen. After reading and researching, I also put Jamila henna in my head. I like how it loosened my new growth and I am counting on this helping me not to lose hair at the demarcation line. I still need to learn how to be gentle with my hair though.

I do a combination of flat twists and bantu knots on Thursday evening (after c-washing) and let it dry all day Friday. Got to find a faster way that does not use heat. I wear it out when I go to church on Saturday and then put it up for the rest of the week. I just bought Good's Simply Styles bundle and I use it for putting my hair up.

I have hair that is APL (arm pit level) and so my husband doesn't want me to BC. He's into the long hair ideology. Very Happy

Thanks for everyone's comments I find them very encouraging.

I am bad about detangling. Should I be trying to detangle my new growth or should I just stick to detangling the relaxed ends for now?

shaun0822

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaican.beauty 11th March 2011, 10:41 am

Hello Everyone!!
I'm new to this site and still trying to learn how to post pictures. I got my first relaxer when I was 11yrs old. Before my relaxer I had BSL hair. After year of experimenting (coloring and haircuts) my hair has become very damaged. I must say that most of this damage is due to flat ironing my hair every week (bad me!!) . This is my second time transitioning. The first time I was approx 6-7 months post relaxer. I got frustrated and in October 2010 went to Walmart and bought a just for me relaxer ( did not want anything too harsh). I tried to do a touch up and it broke the front part of my hair off!! I got another relaxer in December and my hair look good but it was VERY damaged. After some research I decided its time to STOP the relaxers! I miss my hair, the thickness and curls. The first 2 months I wore my hair in ponytail or down and it GREW! I could feel my curls Smile My hair was past my shoulders touching my back a little. I trimmed it to where it wasn't even touching my shoulders :/ It felt sooooo WIERD I never had my hair this short before. My hair looked much healthier had more volume and more bounce lol I'm trying to stay committed to this journey and not give up this time around. I want healthy hair and I believe going natural is the way to go. The hardest thing for me right now is finding a regimen . I've been doing the washing (shampoo and conditioner) every 2 weeks and co-wash every week. Moisturize with grapeseed oil....thats it. I don't feel like it's enough. Suggestions are appreciated Smile
jamaican.beauty
jamaican.beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next