CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 4 Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by JossBella 1st June 2010, 8:37 pm

I too have the Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in. I still dk yet.
@curlysha I love flexi rod sets. I love curls period.
@jadore04 where do you get Giovanni products? how much?
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyEverAfter 1st June 2010, 10:16 pm

Another suggestion for you, CurlySha, go to the websites such as Curlmart, saw one at Oyin handmade website and you can purchase sample sizes of their products, the entire collections costs about as much as what a full size bottle is. That way if the product doesn't work for you it isn't a total waste because you will have used it all up within 2-3 uses. Also go to walmart to see if they have sample size products there too, they usually have Pantene in sampe size bottles, I seen a lot of good reviews for that one also
NaturallyEverAfter
NaturallyEverAfter

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 1st June 2010, 10:46 pm

@Josbella I got a huge bottle of Deep moisture Conditioner by Giovanni @ Marshalls!! it was only 14.99..once you see a size of the big bottle you will realize it is a great deal! but I also saw smaller bottles if price is an issue for 4.99 the smaller sizes are still a good size bottle... i found the direct leave in by giovanni @whole foods and i also saw it at Vitamin Shoppe. @ both places they sell Aubrey organics, kinky curly, giovanni and other stuff too! hope this helps.
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by c0urtn3ylove 2nd June 2010, 12:04 am

hey guys i've been on curly nikki all day and i think i have decided to do the big chop in august. that will be 5 months after my last relaxer. of course i may change my mind before that time, but i think if i commit myself to a goal, i won't fall victim to wanting a relaxer before going back to school
c0urtn3ylove
c0urtn3ylove

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 3rd June 2010, 10:38 pm

Thanks Jadore04. This is going to truly be a journey for me. Prior to transitioning I often relied on the hairdresser to do my do (a roller wrap). I will have to get used to styling my own hair on a regular basis and being creative. One of the biggest problems I have encountered is trying to figure out which product works for me. There are so many options and my money doesn't stretch that long to try too many of them. I am however, glad I invested in Suave Humectant Conditioner, LustraSilk Shea Butter Cholestor and ORS replenishing pak for DC. I co-washed for the first time last week with the Suave and DC'd with ORS and a tiny bit of Lustrasilk (ran out of ORS) and my hair was so easy to comb through and manageable.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 4th June 2010, 10:12 pm

HEY LADIES!

It's time for some of us to move on to "3 MONTHS!" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I got two words for you all to describe how I feel right now...CHICAGO...SUMMER!! Lord help me. I've been trying to maining my little style, but I'm gonna have to take the time and start bantuing and things like that because me and the flat iron are not getting along. I'm only flat oring my ends, but even that is too much. Soooo...this weekend is dedicated to figuring out what I can do with with this doo.

BC in SEPTEMBER WOOOHOO!!!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 6th June 2010, 9:18 pm

Looks like I'm on to month 3!!!!! See you all over there! LOL!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 9th June 2010, 7:57 pm

I'm one day away from 2 months! yayyy!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by PEARLINE 9th June 2010, 10:46 pm

HEY LADIES,

I HAVE BEEN TRANSITIONING SINCE APRIL 12, 2010, I AM TIRED OF THE PERMING EVERY 6 WEEKS AND I AM READY TO EMBRACE MY NATURAL HAIR. I STARTED DOING BRAID OUTS AND THEY ALWAYS LOOK GREAT. I STARTED TRYING DIFFERENT PRODUCTS STILL SEARCHING FOR THE BEST COMBINATION. I LOOK FORWARD TO ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS, WILLPOST PICTURES SOON

PEARLINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 9th June 2010, 11:36 pm

can anyone give me suggestions on a successful braid out. everytime i try to do one, it just comes out a hot mess. i do four braids (two in the front and two in the back) because I like the size of the waves when I do it that way, but they just never come out "wearable". i've tried on both wet and dry hair...
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanisia3G 10th June 2010, 7:38 pm

Yay! I'm officially 2 months post. Last relaxer was on April 8th. I am having trouble with braid outs as well. They work for me best on dry hair because it takes my hair forever to dry. If I wash my hair the day before, it is still wet the following day. Anyway, my problem with braid outs is that the hair that isn't braided is straight. I probably just need more braids...
Vanisia3G
Vanisia3G

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 13th June 2010, 4:48 pm

I have that same problem(straight hair). I know it would come out better if it was cornrowed, but I can't cornrow my own hair. The only other solution I could think of would be smaller braids, but I like bigger waves. Hmmmm. I think I will try to do smaller braids next time though and see if the waves loosen up a little bit the second day I wear it.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 15th June 2010, 12:16 am

@ Ebbz & Vanisia I used to have the same problem when I did bantu knot outs but i found a pretty good solution. After I wet my hair with my spray bottle concoction (water, conditioner, EVOO) I make the twists and then take a paper towel and kinda wring out my hair. it's hard to put in words but I wring the twists around my fingers and use the towel to catch the excess water. My hair is 95% dry in the morning Smile

Hope i made sense!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 15th June 2010, 12:39 am

I'm giving my hair a break this week but when I get home this weekend I will try again. I'm going to do them earlier in the afternoon and hopefully they'll be dry by the time I take them out.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by aimin 2b aunautrale 15th June 2010, 1:15 am

hi
Im 3 months post relaxer and have been basically doing research on various natural products in preparation of natural hair, and my planned BC in first week of august( after family reunion and all the traveling is done) . I havent developed a regime yet. But i have been using Vatika oil, and shea butter and doing DC with honey and evoo( leaves my hair so soft shiney and very manageable) and using satin scarf or pillow case after always using cotton scarf and wondering why my hair was always so dry in morning LOL. Learning , learning ,learning its what you do in the transition stage .....trial and error. Well im ready......i think LOL

aimin 2b aunautrale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 15th June 2010, 1:41 am

aimin 2b aunautrale wrote:hi
Im 3 months post relaxer and have been basically doing research on various natural products in preparation of natural hair, and my planned BC in first week of august( after family reunion and all the traveling is done) . I havent developed a regime yet. But i have been using Vatika oil, and shea butter and doing DC with honey and evoo( leaves my hair so soft shiney and very manageable) and using satin scarf or pillow case after always using cotton scarf and wondering why my hair was always so dry in morning LOL. Learning , learning ,learning its what you do in the transition stage .....trial and error. Well im ready......i think LOL

It is most definitely a learning experience! I still have no idea what my hair loves/likes. I'm still trying to get the hang of it all.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturaMeTricie 19th June 2010, 6:12 pm

Hi Everyone~
I am also a new transitioner-April 22,2010 was my last relaxer. I have been the most nervous and anxious than ever before just trying to remember what my natural hair was like. I was 10 years old when I got my first relaxer. I decided to go natural due to the my scalp issues (P and S) Psoriasis and Seborrheic Dermatitis. I am convinced it showed up in my life due to the many years of relaxers and well STRESS too. The combo is not good. Since my transition began the itching and dandruff has gotten a lot better...NOT gone but much improved.

@JossBella: I got the same reaction when I went to get my last relaxer in April 10'. My hairdresser ( who I have been seeing for 3 years) was like "Why!?!" it sounded like an accusation. Even after I explained about my scalp again and just being tired of the chemical burns that seem to come on even faster because of my scalp issues, she really was not hearing me. I kept going and getting my hair done for the next 6 weeks and she wanted to try all of these different products to help my scalp and I agreed to let her. However, not such a good idea. That is when I decided I can't do it anymore. I did not reschedule an appointment but I felt too nervous or chicken to let her know I was not coming back. I will have to deal with it eventually...so stay strong, you can do this! Your reaction has given me the confidence to just brush off the reactions of others and hold my head high. Soon I will pick up the phone and let her know so thanks for sharing your story.
NaturaMeTricie
NaturaMeTricie

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy V. 20th June 2010, 12:33 am

I'm 2 1/2 months post relaxer and i decided to transition about a week ago. i currently have box braids in dso i'm not sure what's going on with my new growth but i can't wait to get acquainted with it and start learning my texture as it grows out. i'll be trimming probably every 3 months or so aftert i take my braids out. i don't plan on never doing a BC but hey, i may change my mind sometime! but definitely not anytime soon.
Amy V.
Amy V.

http://avbeautycentral.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlienurse 20th June 2010, 4:46 pm

@NaturaMeTricie, my hairdresser is supportive, but she does sort of 'push' for a relaxer. My reasons for going natural were the scalp issues, slavery (to salon visits), and my need to be myself. It's like regular (non-natural) beauticians don't understand that. They think that if your scalp improves or your hair gets stronger, it will be time to go back to relaxers. For me, I am relying on my beautician only for pressings and trims. Other than that, I do it myself. It will make you feel more empowered, and you won't have to deal with the grumblings from the beautician who has to "do something" with your hair.

Just my $0.02.

Curlienurse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th June 2010, 4:49 pm

I've never really go to the hair salon so I've never really experienced what you ladies are talking about. I've always done my own hair or let my mom do it, but I would hate to have to experience those comments are have to constantly explain myself. Seems like it would be annoying.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlienurse 20th June 2010, 4:52 pm

@Ebbz, It really is!

Curlienurse

Back to top Go down

Post by nnlathan 21st June 2010, 7:09 pm

Hi my transitioning sisters,

I was due for perm in May but, I kept putting it off. And then it hit me GO NATURAL! For my protective style I braided my hair in cornrows on Wed. But I'm not feeling it. So I'm taking them out. I'm thinking about geling my hair into a ponytail maybe a curly style. Hopefully, this way will grow my hair so I can BC in late july or Aug.

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 24th June 2010, 1:24 pm

@ nnlathan Good luck! It takes a while before you can get used to the two textures. I used to struggle like crazy and my hair isn't even permed (texturized). Moisture is really important and so is sealing your ends...
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by lmw1950red 25th June 2010, 12:05 am

Hi ladies,
My last perm was April 2 and I have already done the BC!!!! My hair was already short so it was a fairly easy transition. I still have a little perm left in the crown but I am rocking my TWA with confidence. I am almost at my 3 month mark. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am loving my curls and so is everyone else.
lmw1950red
lmw1950red

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 25th June 2010, 7:37 pm

lmw1950red wrote:Hi ladies,
My last perm was April 2 and I have already done the BC!!!! My hair was already short so it was a fairly easy transition. I still have a little perm left in the crown but I am rocking my TWA with confidence. I am almost at my 3 month mark. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am loving my curls and so is everyone else.

congrats!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next