CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 7 Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Ebbz 9th July 2010, 11:01 pm

Congrats [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It looks very nice and the short cut fits you well!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyNapptural 11th July 2010, 2:55 pm

Ebbz wrote:Congrats [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It looks very nice and the short cut fits you well!

Thank you! I love it and I don't miss my hair at all! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyNapptural
BeautifullyNapptural

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 7 Empty 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by AriChai 11th July 2010, 6:52 pm

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]I recently decided to end my obsession with the "creamy crack" and begin a natural journey [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . This isn't very surprising because most of my friends are also natural. My last perm was on May 21st, and I've been reading, studying, and researching hair. My hair is shoulder length and I'm having issues styling my hair, which surprised me. I attempted to cut my hair into a bob last week, but my hairdresser advised me against doing that because it would look hideous and would be hard to maintain. Doing a big chop is a scary, mostly because I've never had short hair and I dont know how my face will take the new do. However, I plan on cutting it all off by September (wish me luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). Also considering Senegalese twists, but I don't want to be roasting in the summer heat, especially since it was 103 degrees in NY last Tuesday. What should I do preserve my new growth/hair between now and the big chop?
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 11th July 2010, 7:59 pm

moisture moisture moisture AriChai!:-)

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyNapptural 11th July 2010, 8:07 pm

AriChai wrote:[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]I recently decided to end my obsession with the "creamy crack" and begin a natural journey [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . This isn't very surprising because most of my friends are also natural. My last perm was on May 21st, and I've been reading, studying, and researching hair. My hair is shoulder length and I'm having issues styling my hair, which surprised me. I attempted to cut my hair into a bob last week, but my hairdresser advised me against doing that because it would look hideous and would be hard to maintain. Doing a big chop is a scary, mostly because I've never had short hair and I dont know how my face will take the new do. However, I plan on cutting it all off by September (wish me luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). Also considering Senegalese twists, but I don't want to be roasting in the summer heat, especially since it was 103 degrees in NY last Tuesday. What should I do preserve my new growth/hair between now and the big chop?

I totally understand your apprehension to do the big chop. I had my hair long most of my life as well and feared looking crazy with short hair. I did the big chop this past Friday from past shoulder length hair to 1/2 inch of hair and I LOVE it!! The cut does fit my face and I've received nothing but good feedback so far. Have you considered getting cornrows? Being a native New Yorker as well, it does get hot...I was there last week and it was ridiculous how hot it was. If your hair isn't damaged or broken I would consider getting your own hair cornrowed into a nice style. After a few weeks you can take it half way out for a nice braid/braid out style also. I would make sure it's not very tight along your edges so you don't break your edges. Some can do it waaay too tight. I mostly did braid outs and twist outs but my hair being so thick and long it tangled a lot. I got tired and big chopped after 2 months. Well, I hope that helped some and I wish you much success on your transition. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyNapptural
BeautifullyNapptural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 11th July 2010, 8:11 pm

i would say start co-washing (helps to add moisture) at least once a week and make sure you have a good leave in conditioner, moisturizer, and oil to seal in the moisture. to hide the two textures you can try roller sets, flexi rod sets, twist outs, braid outs, or bantu knot outs.

If you're getting extensions I would get something that would be easy to pull up in this heat. Make sure you don't leave them in for too long. Some people have experience damage to their new growth because it became matted and tangled while in the braids. If you're not sure about shorter hair, try getting a sew in or a wig with some short, curly hair, like the 8 inches. Your hair won't be that long after your BC, but it'll give you an idea of how you might look as your hair begins to grow out in a few months.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 11th July 2010, 8:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and hope for the best lol. This is all very new, because I'm one of those girls who lived at the hairdresser so this is going to be an interesting process.
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 11th July 2010, 8:32 pm

AriChai,
I lived at the hairdresser as well.
I'm going to TRY to take this journey. Its been a little over 2 months for me.
I never thought twice about making that appointment.
but now, I try to remind myself about the time I lost sitting in the chair, the money spent each year, and the health benefits of NOT burning my scalp every 6 weeks.
I have a few friends who have gone "au naturale" and they are so encouraging.
Even though I am transitioning right now, I love the "freedom" that I have to wash my hair 2, 3, 4 times a week, get in the pool, work out, etc, and not feel so...uptight. Its very liberating.
I personally am going to just be honest with myself...I dont know how long it will last, or if I will be able to go completely natural, but teh best we can do is try, right?
I am going to put a sticky note on my bathroom mirror with the amount of money i spent in relaxers and stylist visits each year (over $1000), so i can see how much I am saving, and make plans for that money:-) If I can go a full year without relaxing, Im going on a $1000 shopping spree:-)

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by nnlathan 11th July 2010, 8:37 pm

I am so happy that I've decided to go natural. For the past few years I've had problems with a itchy scalp. And since haven't put any chemicals in my hair, I've noticed my itchy scalp doesn't itch as much.

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 11th July 2010, 8:43 pm

Can you recommend a shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner for transitioning hair?
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

Post by nnlathan 11th July 2010, 9:07 pm

I use cantu shea butter leave in, lustrasilk olive oil hair mayonnaise deep conditioner, and palmers coconut oil w/vitamin E moisture gro.

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 11th July 2010, 10:04 pm

AriChai wrote:Can you recommend a shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner for transitioning hair?

I'm still experimenting with shampoos, but Suave Naturals conditioners and Suave Humectant conditioner are both very good. To deep condition I use Lustrasilk Cholesterol. Some people use their conditioner, mixed with some honey and oils though.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th July 2010, 5:25 pm

AriChai wrote:Can you recommend a shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner for transitioning hair?

Hi i hope this helps

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/cheap-good-shampoos-t973.htm?highlight=shampoos
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th July 2010, 5:30 pm

here is one for conditioners

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/search.forum?search_keywords=conditioners
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 13th July 2010, 3:01 am

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 7 Empty GETTiNG OFF THE CREAMY CRACK.

Post by MS. FAJA 19th July 2010, 2:34 am

I'VE BEEN WANTING TO GO NATURAL FOR A WHILE NOW, BUT UP UNTIL RECENTLY I'VE HAD DOUBTS. WELL MY LAST RELAXER WAS MAY,2010 AND I AM NOT GOING BACK. I AM OFF THE CREAMY CRACK. WHEN I GOT MY LAST RELAXER I HAD MY HAIR CUT (PROFILE PIC) A FEW WKS PRIOR AND NOW ITS STARTING TO GROW BACK!!! MY ONLY THING NOW IS NOT USING HEAT. BECAUSE MY HAIR IS STILL SHORT I FLAT IRON AND BLOW DRY IT TO GET IT STRAIGHT Sad. BUT I'VE RECENTLY MOVED TO ARIZONA AND THE HEAT JUST PUFFS MY HAIR OUT SO FOR NOW IM GOING TO BRAID IT UP (KINKY TWISTSMY FAV!!) UNTIL IT GETS A LIL LONGER THEN....BC! I WASNT GOING TO CUT IT AT FIRST BUT THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT HOW LAZY I CAN BE WHEN IT COMES TO MY HAIR I KNEW I WAS GUNNA GET FRUSTRATED AND BE TEMPTED TO GO BACK TO THE RELAX. SO HERE I AM STARTING OUT ON THIS JOURNEY!!!
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 19th July 2010, 10:08 am

Good Luck Ms. Faja.

I attempted a twist out this weekend, and it went pretty great lol. I'll post some pictures later tonight [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 19th July 2010, 12:52 pm

Hi Ladies...I hit 2 months this week and things are going well. I had 5 inches of relaxed hair cut off last week (it is now back to the pixie length in my avatar). My plan is to do the BC (although not so "big" anymore LOL) at my appointment on 8/18. That will be exactly 3 months of transitioning. I'm pretty excited about it. Continued success, ladies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 19th July 2010, 12:54 pm

MY RELAXED IS SOOOO SOFT THAT I WILL NOT CURL UNLESS I SET IT AND IT'S NOT LONG ENOUGH THAT YET THATS Y IM GETTING THE KINKY TWISTS. BEFORE I CUT MY HAIR I TRIED TO TWO STRAND TWST IT AND PUT IT ON ROLLERS BUT MY HAIR WOULDNT EVN STAY IN THE TWISTIES IT DIDNT WORK OUT(LOL).
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 19th July 2010, 12:58 pm

@ CYCLINGCHICK,

I THINK THATS THE BEST WAY TO DO TE BC CUT A LIL OFF AT A TIME!
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 19th July 2010, 11:37 pm

@CyclingChick I'm happy for you! I wish I could do a short cut, but I don't think my face cant take that type of style [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], so I'll be transitioning for a while.

@Ms. Faja I thought I'd have issues setting my hair, but so far it's working out. I'm trying not to blow dry it anymore because it's damaging and changes the texture of the new growth so braid outs and twist outs will be my new style. Have you tried using a leave in conditioner and then twisting it out?

My mom's trying to convince me to go back to the creamy crack. She say's that my personality/style doesn't sync with being natural, unlike some of my other friends. Idk [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] *sigh*
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 19th July 2010, 11:42 pm

I wanted to cut my hair into this style, I thought it would be easier since I was transitioning, but alas it would be harder. I'm so bitter about it lol.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl2/0/10/08_2009/42303559ba40dbc1_Taraji.jpg
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 7 Empty Just Started

Post by missjynnb 20th July 2010, 1:39 am

Hi everyone. I just started transitioning at the beginning of this month. My last relaxer was May 1st. I am so excited to start this journey. I know I have a long journey ahead and I plan to achieve it successfully...trying to be optimistic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

missjynnb

http://naturallyhappy.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nnlathan 20th July 2010, 8:41 am

ebbz, I guess you can't say you are transitioning anymore. Your cut looks very nice on you. What did u use to get the curly look?

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 20th July 2010, 5:01 pm

I WANT TO BC SOOO BAD BUT IM GOING TO WAIT BCZ IM GETIN MY HAIR BRAIDED AT THE END OF THE WEEK!!! BUT YES I DID GET SOME CANTU SHEA BUTTER (LEAVE-IN) I TRIED IT YESTERDAY FOR THE 1ST TIME AND DID NOT LIKE THE RESULTS...I LIVE IN ARIZONA AND IT IS HHOOOOT AN DRY OUT HERE, SO AFTER I WASHED MY HAIR AND PUT THE CANTU IN IT I WAS OUTSDE FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES AND MY HAIR WAS DRY. IM TRYING IT AGAIN TODAY BEFORE I JUST THROW IT OUT. I HATE HAVIN MY HAIR FEEL DRY I NEED A PRODUCT FOR MY FINE HAIR THATS GOING TO KEEP IT FEELING SILKY BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO GET....HELP!
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next