CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crisco... In the name of nappy science, I will sacrifice myself.

+23
letha
Ms.Mai
Umph
lovinmycurls88
sonance
Cnicoles6
Naturally Nu*
EmpressBeloved
Hazelbabe
justicenga
HappyCurly
FreshNsweeT
CurlsGalore
agore07
brownsugar09
sjoyreed
Peachtree
Juices-n-Berries
MicaiahTy
DreamMerchant
naturallyKey
popsbaby
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crisco... In the name of nappy science, I will sacrifice myself. - Page 2 Empty Re: Crisco... In the name of nappy science, I will sacrifice myself.

Post by Cnicoles6 28th July 2010, 11:06 pm

@justicenga

Elocon worked great on my eczema as a child and to this day. Just make sure you don't leave it in the car or something because the oil will separate and it becomes grainy and just doesn't work as well.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Crisco... In the name of nappy science, I will sacrifice myself. - Page 2 Empty Re: Crisco... In the name of nappy science, I will sacrifice myself.

Post by justicenga 30th July 2010, 12:15 am

thanks for the tip Cnicoles6. Elocon is the absolute best. It was like the miracle cure when my son was a baby.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 11th August 2010, 7:49 pm

I cannot think about crisco without remembering my mom frying her chicken with it when I was a little girl! I'm sticking with coconut oil...
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by lovinmycurls88 12th August 2010, 8:11 pm

sonance wrote:I cannot think about crisco without remembering my mom frying her chicken with it when I was a little girl! I'm sticking with coconut oil...
me either lol
lovinmycurls88
lovinmycurls88

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 2nd September 2010, 7:24 pm

can we see some crisco hair styles... finished product pleeeeze Very Happy
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 3rd September 2010, 3:01 am

sonance wrote:I cannot think about crisco without remembering my mom frying her chicken with it when I was a little girl! I'm sticking with coconut oil...

lol!

too true
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 3rd September 2010, 4:12 pm

Has anyone thought of mixing this with Shea butter or any other type of butters since it is very moisturizing. I wonder how would it work mixing it in your DC.. Got the wheels turning.. Very Happy
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 22nd September 2010, 2:15 am

Ok, I read this thread last week and decided to give it a try today since I am just about out of my JC Nourish & Shine. I co-washed my hair and I am twisted up for a twist out in the morning. I am really curious to see what the results will be like. Crisco was really easy to work with straight out of the container and there is no smell at all.

I will report my results tomorrow.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 22nd September 2010, 12:38 pm

I second that, lol
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 22nd September 2010, 2:56 pm

I'm here to report back and the Crisco worked like a charm. I'm really glad I tried it, my hair is soft and has shine. I need to restock my JC Nourish and Shine but I can wait a while because this is a great alternative. For those of you stuck on the "mama frying chicken" memory, just give it a try...I promise you there is no smell at all...literally smells like nothing.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 22nd September 2010, 11:39 pm

Naturallytexan, can you post pictures of your hair. I would love to see the results.
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 23rd September 2010, 11:15 am

Why did I open this thread?? Now, I will have to try this. Nice shine and moisturizing, why not. Smile
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2