CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet, curly.....Dry, nappy

+7
chicagoing
ChrsLvsBks
sunkissed2
Antonette
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
willsgirl
11 posters

Go down

Wet, curly.....Dry, nappy Empty Wet, curly.....Dry, nappy

Post by willsgirl 9th December 2009, 10:23 pm

HELP!!!

Hi everyone. Is there anyone else out there like this????? I wash my hair and condition it and it looks GREAT!!!!! An hour later my hair has air dried into a non-curled nappy mess. Does anyone have product suggestions to keep the curl?????
willsgirl
willsgirl

Back to top Go down

Wet, curly.....Dry, nappy Empty Re: Wet, curly.....Dry, nappy

Post by willsgirl 10th December 2009, 5:20 pm

Hi everyone. I think I found the answer to my own question. Between going through this forum and visiting a bunch of youtube videos I realized I wanted to do a wash n go. I simply washed my hair like I normally do, dried my hair with paper towels (youtube suggestion) and fingercombed in leave in conditioner and brown hair gel. I know, not the healthiest of hair products but, it did supply a temporary solution for now. This will allow me to enjoy my beautiful, naturally curly hair while i search for better (healthier) product. I will attempt to upload photos. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by willsgirl on 10th December 2009, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add images)
willsgirl
willsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th December 2009, 5:30 pm

For curl definition- I use Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Cheaper Alternatives are Eco Styler gel or Donna Marie Mira Curling Gel (love this stuff)!

I will co wash my hair - with like a suave or vo5, then use herbal essence -hello hydration as a leave in...then apply some oil to my scalp-
Finally finger comb in a gel!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th December 2009, 6:39 pm

good luck on your wash and go experimentation. i can't wait till the weather is nicer so that i can get back to my own experimentation.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by willsgirl 10th December 2009, 10:07 pm

Thanks!!! I'm in the northeast too and really have no business wetting my hair like this but, I had a day off to stay in and play with my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
willsgirl
willsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonette 11th December 2009, 1:55 am

Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 Miracle worker is great. You don't have to add any other product with it.....

Antonette

Back to top Go down

Post by sunkissed2 12th December 2009, 8:30 pm

I'm glad that I saw this thread, I've been doin my w&g's with Pantene ProV R&N condish, but I'd never thought about using the gel with it. Never really been a gel person until I bought EcoStyler w/ Olive Oil..now I love it...Thanks for the tip willsgirl
sunkissed2
sunkissed2

Back to top Go down

Post by willsgirl 13th December 2009, 9:58 pm

Glad I could help!!! I never thought I would be finger combing gel through my hair either but, it works. Can't stand the crunchiness but crunchy curls are better than no curls. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
willsgirl
willsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sunkissed2 13th December 2009, 11:19 pm

I 2nd that!!
sunkissed2
sunkissed2

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th December 2009, 2:48 pm

willsgirl wrote:Glad I could help!!! I never thought I would be finger combing gel through my hair either but, it works. Can't stand the crunchiness but crunchy curls are better than no curls. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can SOTC (scrunch out the crunch) once it is dry. I use Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine but you can use any moisturizer you have. It's just like it sounds, scrunch in the moisturizer to get rid of the crunch.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Wet, curly.....Dry, nappy Empty no crunch

Post by chicagoing 15th December 2009, 6:29 pm

I did my BC last week. In order to maintain my curliness, for moisture I put hair milk on by carol's daughter (dime size) and follow up with foam setting lotion (Motions - one pump). I am able to have the curliness without the crunchiness. I live in Chicago and I would freeze if I left the house with a wet head.
chicagoing
chicagoing

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th December 2009, 4:50 pm

willsgirl wrote:Glad I could help!!! I never thought I would be finger combing gel through my hair either but, it works. Can't stand the crunchiness but crunchy curls are better than no curls. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yay! Your hair looks good! I always finger comb. I never use a comb unless I am parting my hair. Here is a tip, (if you do not know yet...lol) Always apply product on wet hair...it is best if it is pretty wet, use a conditioner that has a lot of slip, easy detangling. Rinse, apply a lighter or heavier conditioner of your choice. I always shoot for a moisturizing conditioner...apply the gel on wet hair like you did.

For the dryness- When your hair is 100% dry. Take your hand and rub it across your curls...gently...this will soften your hair. I hope that makes sense. Front to back-left to right..one or two good times should do it. It shouldnt disturb your curl pattern. HTH!

Again, congrats~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NikE 17th December 2009, 4:53 pm

Thanks for this topic I really needed it!!!!
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 11th January 2010, 3:33 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:

You can SOTC (scrunch out the crunch) once it is dry. I use Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine but you can use any moisturizer you have. It's just like it sounds, scrunch in the moisturizer to get rid of the crunch.

Yes it works for me as well after I apply and air dry I run Carols Daughter Hair Milk through my hair and I get soft curls every time!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonbutterfly 23rd January 2010, 1:35 am

This thread is awesome. I naturally have 2 different textures, so this thread should assist me in my quest to maintain the curls and get softness at the same time.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

crimsonbutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down