CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles?

3 posters

Go down

Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles? Empty Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles?

Post by moonchild 22nd April 2010, 7:50 pm

This week has been one serious hair fail. It got really cold here in the Chi, but my hair has never been this dry and has never not responded to my usual fixes (DC, shea, coconut, aloe, co-washes). I've just twisted up in two braids and will hope that a stray spark doesn't come flying my way and set my hair on fire.

What are your quick fix styles when nothing seems to work?

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles? Empty Re: Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles?

Post by bholmes87 22nd April 2010, 8:33 pm

Honestly my fix it style is a puff!!! No matter what my hair comes out looking like I know I'll love it in a puff. If I was better at braiding or flat twisting I would do 2 flat twists/braids around my head so it looked like a crown (but sine I can't I stick with the puff! lol)
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles? Empty Re: Serious Hair Fail--Quick Fix Styles?

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd April 2010, 9:53 am

The best thing for me would be a WnG. You can't go wrong starting over with this style and if I'm too lazy to do that, then I just put my hair either in 2-strand or 3-strand twists and call it a day. I use to rock bantu knots all the time when I was transitioning because sometimes I'm that lazy.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 23rd April 2010, 11:46 am

Both good ideas! Thanks. I tried a WnG once and ended up with fairy knows, but I don't think I added enough product. Never tried a puff, but oh, if it worked, I'd be thrilled! I'm going to attempt both this weekend, since it's supposed to rain and I have nothing but time to play with my hair...

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down