CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVEENO NOURISHING CURLS LIQUID GEL

+2
iri9109
summabrown
6 posters

Go down

AVEENO NOURISHING CURLS LIQUID GEL Empty AVEENO NOURISHING CURLS LIQUID GEL

Post by summabrown 19th April 2010, 7:57 pm

i bought this gel today and went to list it in a topic to give a future review and was typing in the ingredients and saw it had sodium hydroxide in it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When the crap do they start putting sodium hydroxide in gel. Thank GOD i did this because i am about to take it back. So please everyone before you purchase check the ingredients
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

AVEENO NOURISHING CURLS LIQUID GEL Empty Re: AVEENO NOURISHING CURLS LIQUID GEL

Post by summabrown 19th April 2010, 9:36 pm

I just got back from returning it so i picked up some garnier fructis curl shaping curl defining spray gel and some garnier fructis nutrient spray dual action nourish+shine with olive, avocado, and shea oil until i get my order from oyin handmade and i bought some hello hydration cuz i hear so many good things about it on here and i was about to buy the he hydralicious reconditioning conditioner but in the ingredients it has sodium hydroxide in it too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So i now know companies like to sneak it in there so i will keep reading the ingredients list.
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 23rd April 2010, 12:30 am

read this Smile
http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/sodium-hydroxide-lye-is-always-lye-or.html

its not the same as a relaxer lol, you're fine...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 23rd April 2010, 3:10 pm

Sodium hydroxide is used to control pH. This gel won't chemically alter your hair
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 23rd April 2010, 4:08 pm

Yes, sodium hydroxide is also in the Pantene Relaxed and Natural conditioning hair mask too...I use it to deep condition my hair once a week....and i love it!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 23rd April 2010, 4:09 pm

Oh and I use the HH Hydralicious too and I actually like it more than HH Hello Hydration.
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd April 2010, 4:12 pm

Poundcake921 wrote:Oh and I use the HH Hydralicious too and I actually like it more than HH Hello Hydration.

Better than Hello Hydration? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 23rd April 2010, 4:32 pm

Don't get me wrong, I really like HH but to me the Hydralicious gives me more slip and makes my hair super soft when I have it in my hair and when I rinse it out....I could never use HH by itself, I always have to pair it with another conditioner.....
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by TiseeBabee 23rd April 2010, 4:38 pm

Poundcake921 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I really like HH but to me the Hydralicious gives me more slip and makes my hair super soft when I have it in my hair and when I rinse it out....I could never use HH by itself, I always have to pair it with another conditioner.....

I've found that too. My husband works for P&G and I get some HE products for free, so I tried the Hydralicious first. It has great slip, and it kinda melts my tangles away. The HE HH, is okay, I'm not sure I love the smell still, I've used it and it's just not really comparable to the Hydralicious.

However, I have a big ole bottle of that HE HH, and I'm gone use it somehow, on my DH, on my Son...somebody is going to use it. lol.
TiseeBabee
TiseeBabee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down