CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments you hate!!!

+35
KeetaRay
mommydiva
~JOME~
AimWard
Starlight
iri9109
Nikcoils
C.
BrownSkinDiva
deeply_rooted_chick
CurlsGalore
DvaAuNaturel
MellowOne
hurjurnee
WhenWeWereQueens
Cherry: extraordinary!
Curly_Aquarius
MsJay1121
Karyn
TMS
Lynnieluve
DreamMerchant
Juices-n-Berries
Nessa101
naturallydestined
Deva_87
PanaR3dd
Free2Be
sweetdrk1
Curliana
envizionj
Furlie
snappynappy
LadyMika
natural813
39 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Comments you hate!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Comments you hate!!!

Post by AimWard 15th April 2010, 2:38 am

I hate the assumption that I MUST be mixed with something to have hair of my length and curl pattern. I've had guys step to me with the "hey, girl what you mixed with," as if it were a compliment/ pick-up line. Now, I'm not writing off the effects of the trans Atlantic slave trade, however both of my parents are black and all 4 of my grandparents are as well. I have more Black in me than anything else. It's funny that people never stop to think that maybe I have a head full of hair because I don't perm it or damage it with heat.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th April 2010, 8:32 am

iri9109 wrote:"you better be glad you got a good grade of hair, or you would be up a creek" - my aunt. and then like 2 weeks ago she kept on calling my name so i'm like WHATTT?? kinda loud & she was like "don't get mad at me b/c you bald-headed" i'm like what does that have to do with anything????? and she's natural (loc'd)

i hate the "good hair" comments. like "i would go natural if i had that kinda hair" or "my hair wont curl up like that" speaking good hair i was on the phone with my cousin & she was like "you can tell if a person has good hair by looking at their eybrows" WTF???

and mika yes i hhhhhaaaattttteeeeeeeee "pretty for a dark skinned girl", why can't you just be pretty?

My mom told me that I better be happy i got good grade of hair. I really hate when she tells me stuff like that. I always get mad.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th April 2010, 8:35 am

AimWard wrote:I hate the assumption that I MUST be mixed with something to have hair of my length and curl pattern. I've had guys step to me with the "hey, girl what you mixed with," as if it were a compliment/ pick-up line. Now, I'm not writing off the effects of the trans Atlantic slave trade, however both of my parents are black and all 4 of my grandparents are as well. I have more Black in me than anything else. It's funny that people never stop to think that maybe I have a head full of hair because I don't perm it or damage it with heat.

I like the last statement. That is so true if you take care of your hair it will grow. But since alot of people are damaging their hair of course it is set in people's mind that black hair can't grow. Glad I don't believe in those mess of comments.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 15th April 2010, 12:29 pm

I remember when I told one of my friends that I was going natural, she responded, "So when you're going natural, that means you growing it out to be nappy?" I really had to pause before answering because I was like "I don't know...that's why I'm transitioning...?"
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 15th April 2010, 1:36 pm

I never heard the eyebrow one lol. The mixed comment ppl be really tripping with those from "you light skinned what you mixed with" to "why you talk like that you mixed" I'm like um for really real everybody is mixed with something what you mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . then they always laugh , huh, because they know what they said didn't make any sense.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mommydiva 15th April 2010, 6:14 pm

natural813 wrote:I really hate to here people talk about how my hair is good hair.

I get that from my mother ALL the time. "Good hair", "a nice grade of hair", etc. It's less of a compliment and more of a slam to natural Black hair. I just don't get it. My hair would be good whether I was a 3C or a 4C - it's ALL beautiful!
mommydiva
mommydiva

http://public.fotki.com/mommydiva/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 15th April 2010, 6:29 pm

Before going natural, I was guilty of the good/bad hair mentality. Although I never used THOSE words, I still had thoughts like, "I can't wear my hair natural because my hair is not like hers.", etc. It took me researching on my own and seeing all the DIFFERENT and BEAUTIFUL textures that made me realize, my hair is not "bad" -- all I have to do is keep it healthy. I LOVE my natural hair and have ever since I BC'd. What's funny is, when I went natural some friends even said to me, "But your hair is not nappy, though, you can do that." Seriously? I was quite annoyed and tried explaining to them, but I could tell they didn't get it. I hate good hair/bad hair, good grade of hair/bad grade -- anything like that. All hair textures are GOOD long as it's HEALTHY. And everyone's hair GROWS, just take care of it!!
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 15th April 2010, 9:11 pm

I just started wearing my hair out over this past weekend. Some of my coworkers asked me why i would do this to my hair, in fact the same person who asked Monday, asked me again today. I told him because i F'in want to and I like it. It amazes me how "certain" people dont mind asking anything.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 16th April 2010, 12:24 am

Folks asking me if it's really my hair....Got me wondering if my hair looks fake...LOL
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 16th April 2010, 12:26 am

oooop2 wrote:Folks asking me if it's really my hair....Got me wondering if my hair looks fake...LOL

LOL! That's crazy. That happened to me once when I wore my hair in a puff! I was like, "Really?". SMH
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettiemae 22nd April 2010, 11:46 pm

The comment that takes the cake for me wasn't actually directed at me, but at my best friend who went natural while we were in college. One year she went back home to MS for Christmas break and while she was there she went to Sunday service at her home church. After the service, the pastor's wife pulled her aside and told her that the Lord had put it on her heart to tell my friend that she needed to relax her hair.

Really?!?!?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So the Lord told you to tell her to destroy what He created?! When my friend told me that I think I was more upset than she was (and I was proudly rocking my relaxer at that time)! I just thought that was so audacious of her!
Jettiemae
Jettiemae

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 23rd April 2010, 12:40 am

shermanj99 wrote:The comment that takes the cake for me wasn't actually directed at me, but at my best friend who went natural while we were in college. One year she went back home to MS for Christmas break and while she was there she went to Sunday service at her home church. After the service, the pastor's wife pulled her aside and told her that the Lord had put it on her heart to tell my friend that she needed to relax her hair.

Really?!?!?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So the Lord told you to tell her to destroy what He created?! When my friend told me that I think I was more upset than she was (and I was proudly rocking my relaxer at that time)! I just thought that was so audacious of her!

wowwwwwwwwww. Shocked
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 23rd April 2010, 12:53 am

shermanj99 wrote:the Lord had put it on her heart to tell my friend that she needed to relax her hair.

SMH.....I Can't go there. Too late in the evening, lol! Woooow...
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 23rd April 2010, 1:41 am

Really?!?!?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So the Lord
told you to tell her to destroy what He created?! When my friend told me
that I think I was more upset than she was (and I was proudly rocking
my relaxer at that time)! I just thought that was so audacious of her!

Wow... NOT cool. I hate when people do stuff like that. The Lord ain't tell her that. SMH Foul.
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 23rd April 2010, 1:45 am

Hmmm..... "what are you doing to your hair"
Hmmmm" you can do that though...you got that good hair" or
"if you got hair like that why'd you perm it anyway?"
or "why yyou cut all your hair off? Natural? For what?"
Siiiiggghhhh..... "it'll look cute when you straighten it" LMAO!!! All I do is laugh....I can show you better than I can tell you afro
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 23rd April 2010, 1:50 am

shermanj99 wrote:The comment that takes the cake for me wasn't actually directed at me, but at my best friend who went natural while we were in college. One year she went back home to MS for Christmas break and while she was there she went to Sunday service at her home church. After the service, the pastor's wife pulled her aside and told her that the Lord had put it on her heart to tell my friend that she needed to relax her hair.

Girl....SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! People are people. My dad is a Pastor and my mom a Pastors wife and they thought I was nuts when I told them I'm going back to what God gave me. But everytime they see me they smile and tell me how pretty it looks. We as a people have been brainwashed for a long time....we just have to be the ones to make the future different from their past. queen
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3