CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months???

+2
DeltaAce2006
KoKo
6 posters

Go down

any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months??? Empty any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months???

Post by KoKo 9th April 2010, 11:35 pm

Since Texas is such a big state lol I just thought I would ask! It would be even better if you are in Austin! I need some one who can relate... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] thanks for sharing your stories this is encouraging....and informative! its been 8 months....and I didnt know this was going to be this hard mentally lol oh lawd!! I can do this I know I can!
KoKo
KoKo

http://pamelakorenn@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months??? Empty Re: any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months???

Post by DeltaAce2006 11th April 2010, 8:05 pm

Hey Koko, i don't know how much help i can be..i'm not in Texas, but i'm pretty much where u are transitionwise..(im about 9 mths)

i'm tempted to bc everyday now lol, but i'm really trying to wait until my 1 year which will be in July.
DeltaAce2006
DeltaAce2006

Back to top Go down

any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months??? Empty Re: any Transitioners in Austin Texas? or at 8 months???

Post by KoKo 12th April 2010, 8:46 am

AWESome!! Im glad someone can relate cause I have thought about going to Supercuts then I change my mind!! We can do this DeltaAce2006!!! we are right around the corner!
KoKo
KoKo

http://pamelakorenn@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 12th April 2010, 11:35 am

I'm only at 7 months, but I totally know what you mean. I've been putting my hair in kinky twists to resist the urge to cut it. At first I wanted to wait so I would have more length and so I could do wash n gos without it being cold outside so I decided to BC the day before my b-day...now it's getting hard to resist the urge whenever I take the twists out! Only a few more months to go...we can make it!

I would suggest a protective style such as kinky twists or braids or something. It will give your hair a break and you too since you won't have to fuss with it as much!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 13th April 2010, 11:33 am

Im 8 months and completely feel you!!!! I had to give myself a mental, and physical break from my hair just because it was taking a toll on me. I got some senegalese twists I did myself. I mean it is a very life changing, mind changing, physical appearance thing. I mean from my point of view, it is pretty much changing the way you have seen yourself your whole life and that is something that you have to learn to love and adjust too. I would also suggest some really good natural books. I have read "The KNOTTY TRUTH" (GREAT GREAT BOOK) and also I have read "Thank God Im Natural" another great book. And stay on the forums for words of encouragement. Just think about when we are fully natural and loving our hair. Thats what also helps to keep me motivated as well as my 2 year old naturale daughter...

Hope that helped some!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 18th April 2010, 6:57 pm

Hey ladies,

DeltaAce2006 Hi Soror! I will be 8 months in May and am going to Big Chop on my B-Day(May 12). I transitioned with a sew in and got my last one on Friday. My hairdresser cut most of the perm off on Friday. I have about 3 inches of natural hair. I am excited and nervous, just trying to figure out what products to buy. I am thinking about Oyin I have 4a 4b hair. What are you guys going to try after your
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaAce2006 19th April 2010, 3:00 am

Delta87-hi soror!

well this is my 2nd and final time going natural. i have been mostly wearing weaves and wigs. hopefully i can hold of BC until July, i think it helps protect what will soon be my natural ends. i used to be in love with Garnier Fructis products!!!! i would do my wash n gos with their conditioners. i think i may break those out again. i've been wanting to try Giovanni products though too
DeltaAce2006
DeltaAce2006

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 19th April 2010, 1:20 pm

Hello Koko & ladies in the surrounding area of Austin,

I am from Austin, TX as well..but I now reside in Brooklyn. Anyway, I was browsing around on Miss Jessie's twitter page & she posted this announcement (which I'm sure you guys would love), check it out! :

http://ow.ly/1zia1
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down