CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Curlies

+3
mstokes2008
rjdorsey
Yellagirlcurls
7 posters

Go down

Austin Curlies Empty Austin Curlies

Post by Yellagirlcurls 19th March 2010, 11:50 pm

I think I saw a couple in the Austin, TX area. If you are out there, where do you go to get your hair cut/shaped/styled etc? I've lived here ALL my life and have been thru a dozen stylists but none specialized in natural hair.

Thanks!
Yellagirlcurls
Yellagirlcurls

Back to top Go down

Austin Curlies Empty Re: Austin Curlies

Post by rjdorsey 8th April 2010, 9:16 pm

I'm totally willing to drive from Killeen if you find a great place for trims!
rjdorsey
rjdorsey

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 8th April 2010, 9:25 pm

And I'm so willing to come from San Marcos lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellagirlcurls 8th April 2010, 11:01 pm

My last trim was so-so... def. not worth a long drive! WHY is it so hard to find someone?
Yellagirlcurls
Yellagirlcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th April 2010, 11:33 pm

You may want to check out these salons recommended on naturallycurly.com. I was looking at it because I would definitely drive up to Austin to visit a good stylist!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons/search/219/United%20States/67/Texas/Austin

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 8th April 2010, 11:45 pm

My moms coworker goes to a lady in Schertz to get her hair done that she said is really good. The salon is called Artistry of Hair but apparently the lady is about to open up her own shop so idk when she's going to be available for appointments and what not.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by winona 13th April 2010, 4:10 pm

Okay I am going to tell you about my 3 experiences with salons in the austin tx area

1 Keisha from Gabrielle's tried to convince me to get a relaxer and TRIED to comb my hair dry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1 Janeice(sp?) from Courtyard tried to convince me to use products(mixed chicks) in my hair after a consultations where I told her that I tried using that brand in different ways with no luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1 JaeUndreas(sp?) they actually sat me under the dryer after rinsing my conditioner out THEN tried to comb my hair dry. This is before I knew any better. I thought I was just tenderheaded[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. But now I realize that they were just pulling my hair out from the root. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Didnt mean to jack your tread but I didnt want anyone to make the same mistakes as I did
winona
winona

Back to top Go down

Post by freebird07 13th October 2010, 1:55 pm

Hi Ladies, Thanks Yellagirlcurls for starting this thread. I too am looking for a stylist in Austin who knows how to style/care for natural hair....been winging it myself so far Smile

freebird07

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 14th October 2010, 2:28 am

@winona my mom used to go to janeice at the courtyards to get cut, she has never really been satisfied with getting her hair trimmed by her. *shrug*. for some reason she keeps going back to her, out of convience i guess. its sad that shes so-so as a hair dresser because she has a lot of clients &could have a lot more if she was really good at what she does.

ever since my mom went natural she has had the same issue of finding a stylist. im back and forth from houston to austin regularly so i would LOVE to know when/if someone finds a decent stylist in that area. my mom is north in round rock but i know she'll drive if the person is worth it. so will i!!
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by freebird07 14th October 2010, 10:52 am

Hi ladies, has anyone been to Gabrielle's in austin....I'm getting a protective style for a while to give myself a break (Weave)..anyone had any experience with their weaves ? The stylist I'm seeing advised me that they also specialize in cutting, including cutting weave. I'm hoping to come out with a style that doesn't look wiggy. Thanks for any feedback.

freebird07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down