CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aloe Vera???

+9
naturallyu
butterfly3000
NaturalObsession
ChrsLvsBks
curlygirl13
Niqui36
Tmochava
nikkinixnicole
awalliso
13 posters

Go down

Aloe Vera??? Empty Aloe Vera???

Post by awalliso 5th April 2010, 8:43 am

So I hear aloe was pretty good for hair growth. But I don't know if I should drink it, but it in my hair or as a pill. What do you do????? And how do you feel about aloe... Thanks
awalliso
awalliso

https://facebook.com/amberwhitnee

Back to top Go down

Aloe Vera??? Empty Re: Aloe Vera???

Post by nikkinixnicole 5th April 2010, 1:40 pm

Drinking aloe is an interesting experience lol.. I wont be trying that again! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've used aloe vera styling gel. I like it better than any other styling gels!!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by awalliso 6th April 2010, 12:31 am

Thanks a Bunch I think im gonna use it as a gel I heard it really nasty
awalliso
awalliso

https://facebook.com/amberwhitnee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 6th April 2010, 4:49 pm

I used Aloe Vera Gel on my daughter's hair to define the curls in her puff and the curls came out great and held up for a few days.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 6th April 2010, 5:42 pm

I mix aloe vera juice with water and vegetable glycerin and use it as a spritz.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirl13 4th July 2010, 5:45 pm

what brand of aloe vera gel do you ladies recommend?

curlygirl13

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th July 2010, 9:16 pm

I use Lily of the Desert-juice, gel & gelly.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th July 2010, 12:31 pm

Aloe vera gel or juice, water, EVOO (or favorite oil) and glycerin makes a great leave in or refresher. The mix is mostly oil, then aloe then water then glycerin. You could also add an EO or two for scent and vitamin E. I suggest keeping it in the fridge.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalObsession 6th September 2010, 4:04 am

TIps for ingesting the aloe juice.. I put it in my smoothies in the morning or a cup of Oj... my granny raised me on this!! the taste isnt that bad if u mix with other things... or just hold your nose and gulp lol and follow with a chaser!!!lol
NaturalObsession
NaturalObsession

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 11th September 2010, 3:35 pm

I just started using Aloe about 3 weeks ago. So far I love it. Enhances curl definition tremendously. I drink it every now and then for the amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, etc....but mainly use it for hair. After shampooing and conditioning, I mix it with oils and add to my hair as a leave in. I like Aloe Vera gel, haven't tried the juice. My brand (Natural High) was from a local health food store. $6.99 for 32 Fl. oz.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 15th September 2010, 11:36 pm

I tried drinking the aloe vera juice without much success too. Maybe I will try in a smoothie fashion as another poster recommends because it is supposed to be extremely good for your immune system. However, I am best friends with aloe vera gel. I use it on my edges when I want to place my hair in a bun or ponytail. It defines my waves really well, has a great hold without the scrunch, and aloe is essential for hair growth. You really cannot beat that. I have also used it on two strand twists with great results. The brand that I use is fruit of the earth I believe you can find it at Target or Walmart. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 17th September 2010, 2:49 pm

I just recently looked into Aloe. I've used it as a gel and like the results, but I've read that drinking it over a long period of time (over one year) will increase your chances of colorectal cancer. This is on the Mayo Clinic website, so a credible source.
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 17th September 2010, 2:50 pm

Oh and, NaturallyU, your two strand twists are gorgeous!
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 17th September 2010, 7:52 pm

Thank you CurlyNMixed for the compliment. Very Happy That is great information too on the health risks of aloe juice.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 17th September 2010, 8:30 pm

Oh, and I didn't want to discount the great things that aloe can do. One of the ways it can help your immune system, when taken orally, is by cleaning out your GI tract. This improves your body's ability to absorb nutrients. So, if you are having problems with irregularity, then going on it for a week or two may benefit you greatly. There are a lot of other ways it's good for you, but if you do choose to try it that way, you should speak with your doctor to make sure it won't be contraindicated in chronic problems that you already have. I know one of the main problems it can cause over time is hepatitis. Obviously not the viral kind, but basically just inflammation (swelling) of the organ.
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 19th September 2010, 1:57 pm

Hey ladies,
What's the difference between aloe vera juice and the gel? I have a HUGE container of the JUICE that I got from Trader Joe's and have put it in a spritz bottle mixed with water and oil. I don't know if the proportions are right. Any suggestions? And where do I get glycerin? What does it do?
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by alove15 20th September 2010, 2:30 am

Aloe vera gel is slightly thicker than the juice. I prefer the gel and I use whole foods brand gel. I add about 1 part aloe vera to 1.5 parts water. I also use aloe vera gel to make kimmaytube leave in. The recipe is on youtube. I got my glycerin from cvs. It was near the castor oil and the otc medicine. It acts as a humectant. Humectants draw moisture from the air into the hair. It works well in humid weather. I add about 5 drops to my spritz.
alove15
alove15

Back to top Go down

Post by tickany 20th September 2010, 1:36 pm

Wow you ladies are knowledgeable! I just picked up a bottle of the Lilly of the desert Aloe Vera gelly. Now I have to get me some vegetable glycerin. Thanks ladies. dance
tickany
tickany

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th September 2010, 1:38 pm

tickany wrote:Wow you ladies are knowledgeable! I just picked up a bottle of the Lilly of the desert Aloe Vera gelly. Now I have to get me some vegetable glycerin. Thanks ladies. dance
The gelly is even thicker than the gel. I use it like traditional gel. It helps define the curls. Some say it provides them hold also. I use oil underneath.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down