CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO MAKE YOUR (MY) CURLS POP!?!

2 posters

Go down

HOW TO MAKE YOUR (MY) CURLS POP!?! Empty HOW TO MAKE YOUR (MY) CURLS POP!?!

Post by C. 3rd April 2010, 3:15 pm

i wanna try to wear my hair out in an afro/puff but i thought i couldnt because after washing, my hair looked a hot frizzy mess. so i decided to added some leave in conditioner and sealed with some oil and put in 6 or 7 ponytails so i could do bantu knots. i noticed that as my hair dried a little the curls really started to pop [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !! i mean, my hair looked and felt like i had just did a twist out or something, but the ends wouldnt curl the same way [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (without some coercion)

can any of you lovely ladies offer up some much appreciated advice on how to get all my hair to curl up?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

HOW TO MAKE YOUR (MY) CURLS POP!?! Empty Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR (MY) CURLS POP!?!

Post by iri9109 3rd April 2010, 4:25 pm

try finger curling...put a little product on small sections of your hair as you go a long and wrap/twist/twirl each seaction of hair around your finger until it coils/curls up...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd April 2010, 4:29 pm

thanks iri. i was afraid thats what i'd have to do..im kinda lazy so i was hoping i could just put something in it to make it curl. next time i'll try your suggestion. i'll also try adding extra moisture to my ends so that they dont frizz when they dry.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 3rd April 2010, 4:35 pm

lol some people say denman brushes help with curl definition and clumping...i just bought one yesterday so i'll let you know but your hair is probably way longer than mine...do you use gel? i use cantu shea butter leave in and elasta qp feels like silk liquid gel for my wash n gos and it really makes my curls pop b/c my hair isnt really long enough to finger curl but my academic advisor is natural and she finger curls and it looks really nice
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 3rd April 2010, 4:36 pm

also washing/rinsing with cold/cool water REALLY helps with frizz as well as not touching your hair until its dry
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd April 2010, 4:39 pm

yup, i sure do use cantu. i noticed that i cant use a lot of it because it can buildup on the hair/scalp, but i love it anyway.

i have some aspro clear protein gel that i never use (from my relaxed days when i had a pixie cut and needed to slick down the sides) and some green olive oil ecostyler gel, but it doesnt mix well with cantu so i dont use it very often

my hair isnt very long either. about 1.5-2 inches long, its long enough to do twists and twists outs tho

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd April 2010, 4:41 pm

thanx. you are such a wealth of information ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ... and i appreciate it

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 3rd April 2010, 11:14 pm

ur welcome lol but yeah i just used the green eco for the 1st time yesterday and it left white dandruff lookin stuff in my hair but i never have a problem with the feels like silk and i use it like everyday with the cantu or giovanni direct and seal with an oil
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down