CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didn't know Oprah had this show

+30
Karyn
JazmineB
NylaCoils
priceless
BeautifullyFree
poeticlyspkng
Thinice
TMS
FAMUdani
Pinkpearls
NaturallyPrecious
Freeatlast41
Umm Ebraheem
mstokes2008
Alana
CocoEuro
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
earthy natural
jamaicacurl
bmari3
Jonezy
DvaAuNaturel
EmbracingNaturalMe
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
newcurlieque
SisterBoyd
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I didn't know Oprah had this show - Page 2 Empty Re: I didn't know Oprah had this show

Post by mstokes2008 7th April 2010, 2:48 pm

cocoeuro wrote:okay I feel like throwing everything in the trash and going natural head to toe!!!!

I know!!! Some stuff is so scary!

Alana wrote:think thats bad, you should hear what they put in tampons and pads. yuck

I don't even want to begin to think what's in my tampons. Ugh!!

All this talk about natural and unnatural products makes me want to toss EVERYTHING I have and start completely over. But I have so much stuff that it would be such a waste. Oh What to do what to do...
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

I didn't know Oprah had this show - Page 2 Empty Re: I didn't know Oprah had this show

Post by Alana 7th April 2010, 3:07 pm

yea I have been considering using a menstrual cup when I am on my period. I have been looking at The Diva Cup Website.
Alana
Alana

Back to top Go down

I didn't know Oprah had this show - Page 2 Empty Deodorant substitute

Post by Umm Ebraheem 7th April 2010, 10:25 pm

Hello,
This is actually my first post but I wanted to chime in on this because there is a great deodorant alternative that works and it is Milk of Magnesia. Instead of drinking it you use a cotton ball and put it under your arms and it works great for sensitive skin.

Umm Ebraheem

Umm Ebraheem

Back to top Go down

I didn't know Oprah had this show - Page 2 Empty Wrong thread

Post by Freeatlast41 8th April 2010, 12:18 am

Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited by Freeatlast41 on 8th April 2010, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong thread)
Freeatlast41
Freeatlast41

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast41 8th April 2010, 12:22 am

Thank you, Umm Ebraheem

I have sensitive skin and I was looking for a alternative.

I'm looking for black soap for my face.
Freeatlast41
Freeatlast41

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 8th April 2010, 4:05 pm

This info is right on time. I've been looking for ways to ween off of chemicals. Once I learned the true damages of relaxers, it had me considering all the other things we put on our bodies. As was said earlier all of these chemicals seep into our skin. It's really eye opening when you dig into it.
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 8th April 2010, 7:32 pm

A few years ago I decided to stop using deodorant and haven't had any hygiene issues. So, maybe it's worth a try. Try going without it for a few days and see what happens.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by FAMUdani 19th April 2010, 12:58 pm

ok guys so what about the summer time?! do yall switch it up to deodorant or no...i mean i dont wanna b sweating and looking all wet up under the arms.... not a good look [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FAMUdani

Back to top Go down

Post by FAMUdani 19th April 2010, 1:01 pm

o and on tht ladys link she said if we must use deo's BAN UNSCENTED is good..whos tried it?!

FAMUdani

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast41 19th April 2010, 3:14 pm

I have been using Milk of Magnesia and it really works. I worked out today for a hour and a half and I didn't sweat under my arms or smell bad when I was finished.
Freeatlast41
Freeatlast41

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 19th April 2010, 3:21 pm

TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 19th April 2010, 5:21 pm

Thanks TMS! I asked you in that thread if you're mixing the lemon juice and oils or squeezing lemons daily?

I was using the mix of baking soda, cornstarch and coconut oil and had a really bad reaction. If you check out my B'n'B thread you'll see. Well I made another mix which is detailed in my B'n'B thread. So far its working but there is something in there that I really don't like the scent of . I think I'm going to try to use astringent or lemon juice or alcohol before applying my mix. Its not super strong but when I smell myself I smell it...
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 19th April 2010, 5:31 pm

@ SisterBoyd - You are most welcome.

I answered your question in the Natural Deodorants thread.

I bought the 3 Oyin Funk Butters and they were too harsh. I think it's the baking soda. Someone on the ND thread suggested mixing them with an oil so that it won't be so abrasive. Before I give up on the funk butters, I'm going to try and add the oil.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 19th May 2010, 11:08 am

Actually, I figured out where the smell is wrong. I added tea trea oil - a lot. Then, I added lemon zest. Not good! Since its working for the most part I'm going to finish this batch. I added some lemon oil and aloe vera. The smell is still not to my liking, but I can cover it with a drop of my body oil and it isn't too bad. It working nicely for the most part, but I can't skip a day. And there are a few days where I need to touch up.

I did buy a bottle of crystal deodorant since it was on sale at CVS. I really haven't used it yet. I figure I'll try it on those days I know I won't be able to touch up.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 19th May 2010, 7:24 pm

I have been using Herbal Clear Sport. It has no alcohol, aluminum, or dyes. My husband and I both use it and it works. I mean it really works, I work outside and get good and funky and it still works. I buy it at a store here in Michigan called Plum Market. They also sell it on Amazon.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th May 2010, 7:45 pm

This is great information.

JnB- even though you made me laugh, I'm with you! But I did purchase Tom's and it works fine for me.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 27th May 2010, 1:56 pm

I just picked up a natural deodorant called Crystal Essence..it says all natural protection ,no aluminum chlorohydrate, paraben free, and hypoallergenic...anyone ever try this brand? I know of oyin & Tom's, but never tried this 1..
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th May 2010, 3:44 am

I just got some in a bag from this event I went to a few weeks ago, but I haven't used it yet.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 28th May 2010, 4:08 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:I just got some in a bag from this event I went to a few weeks ago, but I haven't used it yet.

Alrighty..if u can ..please let us know how it worked for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th May 2010, 4:49 pm

Toms did not work for me So i gave up on the natural deodorant Maybe i will try other brands. I am kind of a smell good freak that carry deodorant in my purse. Don't need no one smelling me lol
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 15th June 2010, 11:51 pm

Hey ladies..I made this tonight
i didnt add the witch hazel- didnt have any.
I used rosemerry and not the lavender.

Deodorant http://www.instructables.com/id/Deodorant/

2 T cornstarch (absorbs water)
2 T baking soda (deodorizes)
1 T coconut oil (softens)
a splash of witch hazel (to get the desired consistency)
5-8 drops tea tree oil
5-8 drops lavender oil

or runnier one:

2T Cornstarch
1 1/2T Baking Soda
1T Coconut Oil
1T Shea Butter
1-2t Olive Oil
1-2T Witch Hazel or water (or both if you prefer)
1 dropper full of colloidal silver
10-12 drops of each essential oil you choose
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 16th June 2010, 1:05 am

I love natural products. That is why I love this forum so much. Like-minded people who actually give a crap about themselves. I try to tell people I know about chemicals in perfumes, lotions, etc and they could care less. Mad

It makes me crazy
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 16th June 2010, 1:23 am

bahahaha i have had this like...complete and utter disgust and kinda hatred of julia r. for like...all of my life (no idea why), so, needless to say, i didn't watch the video, just scrolled through the comments in the thread.

i use tom's apricot and LOVE IT. it really works for me and smells so good Smile
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 16th June 2010, 3:46 pm

Nyla, that recipe is almost the same as the one I used that gave me a rash. Be careful using the baking soda and cornstarch. Ryl said it gave her a rash too. My rash doesn't hurt anymore, but the dark spot hasn't gone away. So be careful. I would stop using it at the first sign of discomfort - the slightest irritation or itch.

...and if it works for you I'm going to be so jealous! ;p
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 16th June 2010, 4:26 pm

I think I used more the coconut oil and it was real creamy! It is 95 outside and it is working!!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next