CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo

+7
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
happynappy
Emerald
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
BlondeByDesire
LaToya28
newlycurlygirly
11 posters

Go down

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo Empty Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 10:26 am

Has anyone else noticed that lately the Giovanni SAS shampoo is a yellow tint opposed to clear? Have they changed any ingredients/formulation?
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

http://members.fotki.com/newlycurlygirly/about/

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo Empty Re: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo

Post by LaToya28 13th January 2011, 12:36 pm

I noticed that a while back. Some bottles would be a yellowish color and some would be a pearly white color. I'm not sure about a formulation change, but I had the same result from both--dry stripped hair!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo Empty Re: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Misturizing Shampoo

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 12:58 pm

@Latoya28 that's so interesting because I have the opposite effect. My hair loves the stuff! I picked it up last week from Whole Foods for the first time, and my hair did what the bottle claimed. It was moisturized and my scalp was clean! Natural hair has a mind of its own lol it knows what it likes and dislikes!
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 1:03 pm

@Latoya btw loving the TWA
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th January 2011, 1:25 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It was very drying to my hair as well, not moisturizing at all. I just bought some this past weekend looking for a good local moisturizing poo. It was the yellow tint as well.

I'm not liking it.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 1:37 pm

Hey Ladies

im pretty new to the natural world now, but i bought the shampoo and the comditioner the other day. worked pretty good on my hair dont really have any complaints, or maybe my hair texture might be somewhat different. But im also still in my TWA phase.
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 2:49 pm

@naturalgreeneyeddiva your twa is so pretty! My hair seems to like the shampoo also, so I'll continue to use it until it lets me down!
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 3:58 pm

oh thanks hun!
actuall this pic is from the summer July 2010....thats when i did my first chop....lol....at the time i wasnt sure how to take care of natural hair...so i ended up going back to perms.....but tried to do the chop again in Dec 2010....i did more research this time so i was ready....lol....but i notice my hair texture is so different this time from the first and still trying to figure out why. Ill have to post new pics soon Very Happy
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 4:25 pm

@NaturalGreenEyedDiva please do! dance
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 4:50 pm

here ya go
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald 13th January 2011, 5:08 pm

To me if its sorta off white like a dull yellow (from that giovanni smooth shampoo) to me its like old product that has been sitting there for the longest while IMO , I like it either clear or pearly white.
Emerald
Emerald

Back to top Go down

Post by happynappy 13th January 2011, 7:45 pm

Wow, I never really noticed. I still like the conditioner. I will check it ASAP!
happynappy
happynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 13th January 2011, 9:26 pm

The Giovanni SAS I use is pearl white and it's really moisturizing. Maybe the yellow is old and it resulting in the dryness. I've used the Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo also and THAT was very drying. It's yellowish in color...
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald 13th January 2011, 9:45 pm

i wish the companies and the corporate of giovanni would continually make new batches and ship them out right away, and the stores who is them mom and pop small stores like them health food stores, I notice many of them carry old stock, there should be a law on old products, cos who knows how damaging it could be to our hair when its old?
Emerald
Emerald

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 9:55 pm

@Emerald you're absolutely right. Corporate should really strive to keep their products fresh, especially since thee are so many people who use and love them.

@NaturalGreenEyedDiva that's some amazing growth
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald 13th January 2011, 9:59 pm

hey newly, yeah, i love that 50/50 shampoo and the 50/50 conditioner, i even bought me there Liter giovanni mega sizes of this 50/50...its that good!!! gurl have you tried this 50/50??? i got the mega size from the Massage warehouse online.
Emerald
Emerald

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 10:07 pm

@Emerald I see the mega sized 50/50 all the time in Marshalls/oss/TJMaxx, the next time I see it I will definately pick it up.
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 13th January 2011, 10:52 pm

tip for SAS poo and dry hair results... when i first tried it, it gave me the same effect. so i diluted it in a color applicator bottle .... 70% water, 15% poo, and 15% conditioner (i used V05 or u can use whatever you have on hand). i had great results. if u can't return it and don't want to waste product, try diluting it OR use it as a body wash Smile

the yellow color is probably due to it sitting on the shelf/exposure to the light longer than recommended. if you notice, most shampoos and bottles are tinted/enhanced with color. which is more than likely due to this reason. no one wants to buy yellow poo Smile
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 13th January 2011, 11:07 pm

@mizcreativelyme: so just because it's yellow you dont think anything is necessarily wrong with it? I really like it it doesnt dry out my hair and I'd like to keep it I just didnt want it to have a negative effect on my hair
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalbaby 15th January 2011, 1:55 pm

I just started using the shampoo and conditioner and let me say I LOVE IT!!!! My hair is soooo soft and moisturizing I didnt even have to deep condition. I think i found my staple product! As far as the color mine is white maybe like the others said, the product may have been there for awhile.
Naturalbaby
Naturalbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 26th January 2011, 6:32 pm

I purchased some a few weeks ago and it was yellow, not pearly white like my 50/50 Giovanni shampoo. It's a little drying, but I can get the moisture/softness back easily with my Giovanni conditioners. I thought it was supposed to be yellow! Shocked
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 19th February 2011, 7:42 pm

I was just in TJMaxx and show the Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo for $12.99 for almost 34 ounces.

I only have the Kinky Curly shampoo, which is a clarifying shampoo, so I bought this one for every day.

Mine is a nice pearly white.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down