CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

+23
freckledmom4
Curlock Holmes
Gado-Gado Gal
laleepop14
kurlegurl
Janet36603
Natural-In_Me
shortncurly
Naturally Esq
MrsSunshinz
jadore04
urbrightside
natural83
PrettyBrownEyes718
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
NaturallySweet09
WalkingInDestiny
new2curl
kim
DvaAuNaturel
Stacye
LivinandLovin
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner - Page 2 Empty Re: Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

Post by kurlegurl 6th July 2010, 4:14 pm

hey curlies...so I have been looking for the Giovanni leave in, so that I can try kimmaytube's recipe...but being I am a recessionista PJ, I have been looking for the least expensive way to purchase...now marshalls and tjmaxx have the giovanni conditioner, is there a huge difference between the direct leave in and the regular giovanni conditioner? or do you think the giovanni conditioner will work as a leave in as well?
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner - Page 2 Empty Re: Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

Post by Naturally Esq 6th July 2010, 11:44 pm

I love Direct Leave In but IMO it is a light leave in. When I want a heavier leave in with more moisture, I will use Giovanni SAS Xtreme because the chart on the back of the tube indicates that it as a moisturizer. The chart on the back of SAS Deeper Moisture lindicates that it is a deep conditioner, so I am reluctant to leave it in my hair. However, I have read posts of those who have used SAS as a leave in with good results.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 7th July 2010, 5:27 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:Some people on this website said that they bought the large pump containers at TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls. I have not seen them at my local TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls. They are also available online at:
www.massagewarehouse.com

I use and love SAS Deep Moisture Shampoo. I love Direct Leave In, but I alternate with SAS Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion, I deep condition with SAS Deep Moistue and alternate with Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. I love how it leaves my hair soft, shiny and strong. I sound like a commercial?

Has anyone tried their styling foam or gel?

I need the big pump jar ASAP!!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by shortncurly 9th July 2010, 2:50 am

kurlegurl wrote:hey curlies...so I have been looking for the Giovanni leave in, so that I can try kimmaytube's recipe...but being I am a recessionista PJ, I have been looking for the least expensive way to purchase...now marshalls and tjmaxx have the giovanni conditioner, is there a huge difference between the direct leave in and the regular giovanni conditioner? or do you think the giovanni conditioner will work as a leave in as well?

IMO, SAS conditioner is more moisturizing than DLVI, especially when combined with water. SAS and water have made my hair soft and it remains that way all day. However that DLVI didn't do it, my hair felt hard and dry at the end of the day.

If you're looking for cheaper prices on Giovanni products, try herbaltrader.com and vitacost.com. They have Gio and other natural products (select few) for cheap, but you gotta pay s+h which is cheap too.
shortncurly
shortncurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 21st July 2010, 4:49 am

I've been using Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner for a week as a regular conditioner (both after a poo with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, and after co-washing with Nature's Gate). It is awesome awesome awesome! I've been using my go-to conditioner (Jason Natural Apricot Super Shine) for years with great results (lots of shine, softness, and kept my hair strong), but I've been in Australia in the super dry winter weather and Apricot Super Shine just wasn't cutting it. SAS is the perfect seasonal swap with very similar results on my hair in the changed seasonal environment and climate.

I've also tried the 50:50 Balanced, about which I've read so many great things but I was not impressed. It didn't moisturize enough. And the Direct Leave-In left my hair dull and also as soft as leaving a bit of a wash-out conditioner in.

My two cents!
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 21st July 2010, 3:43 pm

Gado-Gado Gal wrote:I've been using Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner for a week as a regular conditioner (both after a poo with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, and after co-washing with Nature's Gate). It is awesome awesome awesome! I've been using my go-to conditioner (Jason Natural Apricot Super Shine) for years with great results (lots of shine, softness, and kept my hair strong), but I've been in Australia in the super dry winter weather and Apricot Super Shine just wasn't cutting it. SAS is the perfect seasonal swap with very similar results on my hair in the changed seasonal environment and climate.

I've also tried the 50:50 Balanced, about which I've read so many great things but I was not impressed. It didn't moisturize enough. And the Direct Leave-In left my hair dull and also as soft as leaving a bit of a wash-out conditioner in.

My two cents!

Have you tried Giovanni SAS Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion as a leave in? It is a thick moisturizer and works for me. I alternate it with Direct Leave in.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 21st July 2010, 4:37 pm

It must only be me because the SAS didnt' feel all that moisturizing to me.. it may be because my hair is protein sensitive.

For the leave-in, I may revisit it later on but I don't remember it being that moisturizing either. I used it on damp hair exclusively-- it didn't absorb very well on my dry hair.

Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st July 2010, 5:15 pm

Ulta stores have Giovanni products on sale this week-bogo free.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by iRockLocs 21st July 2010, 7:27 pm

MrsSunshinz wrote:I too love both products!!! Does anyone know where they sell these in the very large containers? I don't ever want to be w/o them

I got the large (33.5 oz) pump bottles at TJ Maxx today for $12.99! What a deal?! They didn't have the leave-in though, so I picked up the small bottle from Target for $7.99.
iRockLocs
iRockLocs

http://www.iRockLocs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 21st July 2010, 8:26 pm

Naturally Esq,
I haven't tried SAS Xtreme, but I will based on your experience. I'm not a product junkie, but I need to find some good back-ups for the non-humid places I'm traveling to. My HG Jason Apricot and Kiss My Face Upper Management gel haven't been great for the dry winter here (in the Bay Area they worked year round). I plan to load up on alternate products when I get home to California soon, so I'll add this to the growing list...Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose, GPB, and White Camellia, SAS Xtreme... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

iRockLocs,
Thanks for the tip - there's a TJMaxx in my town and I'll be heading there soon! A penny saved, means penny more for other products! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 21st July 2010, 9:27 pm

Gado-Gado Gal wrote:Naturally Esq,
I haven't tried SAS Xtreme, but I will based on your experience. I'm not a product junkie, but I need to find some good back-ups for the non-humid places I'm traveling to. My HG Jason Apricot and Kiss My Face Upper Management gel haven't been great for the dry winter here (in the Bay Area they worked year round). I plan to load up on alternate products when I get home to California soon, so I'll add this to the growing list...Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose, GPB, and White Camellia, SAS Xtreme... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

iRockLocs,
Thanks for the tip - there's a TJMaxx in my town and I'll be heading there soon! A penny saved, means penny more for other products! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SAS Xtreme is not a leave in, but I apply it straight from the tube as a leave in. Let me/us know how it works for you.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 22nd July 2010, 2:04 am

The smooth as silk is great it really gave my hair that slip and moisture and the fact that it's made with great ingredients is a +. I found some at marshalls for about $13 last year for the liter size ! I want to try the LI next .

Last edited by gemofacurlgirl on 8th September 2010, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 14th August 2010, 8:03 pm

Just picked up my 33.5 oz bottle of Smooth as Silk at Marshall's for 12.99 ya'll!! Woot woot! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I normally wouldn't go for such a huge bottle on the first try but you guys sold me!..I figure if for some odd reason I don't like it...someone on here would wanna swap Smile
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 2nd September 2010, 3:23 pm

shortncurly, thanks for the sites! great prices on vitacost!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 12th October 2010, 1:18 pm

I'm sold on Giovanni SAS! I recently purchased the direct leave-in conditioner and the 50/50 balance shampoo from the Vita cost site; less than $5 for each 8 oz bottle.

I can't wait to compare the direct leave in to Cantu; right now Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner is the only product I've tried that gives my TWA great twist out results with added softness. I'm hoping to do away with the cones...
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th October 2010, 2:01 pm

i hear so many ppl raving about this product, but just a month ago, the big thing was hello hydration Neutral , but i don't really hear much about that product ne more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2