CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I BC'D YESTERDAY

+15
EmbracingNaturalMe
newcurlieque
sweetdrk1
NhappyJackie
MaddingtonBear
NaturalNixon
BlondeByDesire
jamaicanmecurly
LaToya28
SwanLakeLibra
Erica5417
EllaMomi2002
NubieNatty
mstokes2008
KeepingitKurly
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I BC'D YESTERDAY Empty I BC'D YESTERDAY

Post by KeepingitKurly 29th March 2010, 11:57 pm

Hello ALL.....

I had a sew in for 2 months and had my good friend take it out yesterday,.... After the sew in was out we realized that my hair was breaking all the way up the back.... It was TERRIBLE>>>>>>!!! I have been Transitioning for four months to the day..... I had my last relaxer on November 28..2010!!! My friend and I both agreed, that since it was breaking so bad that I might as well cut all the permed ends off so that my hair could finally be free.... so we did!!!!!!!!!!!........When she cut it off, I felt free and wonderful, I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!... but then when i got home and tried to go to sleep, I couldnt and instead i stayed up for hours CRYING about my DECISION!!!!!!!!..... IDK... Im just so confused...... MY hair has no curl pattern to it... Well, i guess it does but maybe i just dont know how to define it,!!! I have no idea what to do with my hair,, IDK.... Im going to go get it shaped up tomorrow and make sure all the permed ends are gone... Maybe that will make it look better,,,,,,, OH YEAH it is extremely DRY and hard!!!!!!!!!! PLease SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!............. I want to post a pic, but have no idea how to do it... I just want you guys to see what Im talking about when I say I cant see any CURLS!!!!
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

I BC'D YESTERDAY Empty Re: I BC'D YESTERDAY

Post by mstokes2008 30th March 2010, 12:08 am

Congrats on doing your BC!! Even with the circumstances it was better to do it now then to have waited and had worse breakage! When I cut mine last week I didn't have any curl pattern either and I am just starting to get curls now. They will come, don't fret over it right now. Getting the rest of the straight pieces will help a lot. My hair was extremely dry when I cut it too and it's still more dry than soft a week later. I'm hearing it could take weeks or months. What is your current regimen or products that you are using?
how to post a pic
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th March 2010, 12:30 am

its perfectly normal after ur bc u may not see much of a curl pattern. u gotta train ur hair from scratch after years of chemical abuse, lol. its also perfectly normal for ur hair to be dry after ur bc...again u gotta train it all over again!

once you get a routine down packed you'll notice a difference within a month or 2. its been 6 months since my amber rose cut and im still tryin to keep it moisturized and find out likes n dislikes to keep it up.

congrats on ur bc!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 30th March 2010, 12:31 am

Awww, don't worry or be sad. You did the right thing. Your hair was breaking and it was a good idea to get rid of the permed ends so you can start your journey. I might be so bold to say we all got that temporary moment of AAACK what did I just do! But that will pass.

It's normal for your hair to feel the way it does. You have to find a regimen that works for you and your hair. It's been said that your true pattern, texture, or whatever will reveal itself in the weeks and months to come.

It's been almost a month for me and I'm still trying to figure out what works best for my hair. I spend a lot of time on CurlyNikki and Youtube to see what other Naturalistas are doing.

Check out the forum for some ideas. Ask questions, you'll get tons of help here.

Oh and Congrats!!!! Trust me you'll love the new you.

Can't wait to see your pics.
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 30th March 2010, 12:36 am

When i first BC'd there was no curl pattern immediately. Then I cowashed. Moisture will be a very important part of your regimen. Check out my earlier youtube videos to see what products used to define my curls.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ericathurman?feature=mhw5
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 30th March 2010, 1:00 am

Thank you guys!!!! And thanks so much for the responses...... I am so like UGGHHH, right now with my hair.. But i know i made the best decision for my hair....I guess i just gotta get use to it..... Starting from yesterday, i have been using giovanni, smooth as silk shampoo and conditioner.. I also use the Direct Leave in..... I cant say how i like it yet because its only been 2 days.. I also have a spray bottle with water and vegetable glycerin in it that i try to spray on my hair in the am and at night before I go to bed..... Other than that, thats all i have been using thus far......
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 30th March 2010, 1:04 am

Be careful with the Smooth as Silk, it has protein in it so it may not be good to use everyday or as a leave-in.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 30th March 2010, 1:38 am

Wow, thanks for letting me know that..... any suggestions on whats a good leave in conditioner???
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 30th March 2010, 1:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

I BC'D YESTERDAY Empty OK here are pics from my BC.....i hope i did this right!!!!!

Post by KeepingitKurly 30th March 2010, 1:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanLakeLibra 30th March 2010, 1:56 am

@soontobenatural, congrats on the BC.
Girl you are doing the right things, it will take at least a month to get the moisture balanced, but one other thing you need to add to you regimen, (which all of the other naturals will agree) is to seal (keep/lock moisture in) is OIL (jojoba, coconut, olive, grapeseed, sweet almond, avocado, and/or castor) or a butter such as sheabutter. You can select one of these oils or a combination of them.

Moisture comes from water or aloe-based products Only, not oils or butters; they will only seal, soften, sheen, and nourish the hair. I agree with Erica5417 on the Smooth as Silk due to the protein. I am too protein sensitive, I use the Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo & Conditioner. I also use V05 Tea Therapy Nourishing Conditioner as a pre-poo co-wash, then the 50:50 Conditioner as my primary co-wash conditioner. I clarify with the 50:50 Shampoo twice a month (when I henna).

I also "henna" w/BAQ quality bi-weekly to monthly since January 2010 (use CurlyNikki's recipe minus the honey) and it has really helped my hair. I have limited dryness, but it's so soft and no breakage.

Don't worry, whether you have a curl pattern (no all hair types 4b/c have defined curls) in fact 4Cs do not have a curl pattern. Regardless just know that you are on a healthy hair journey and allow your hair to do whatever "She" wants to and "She" will blosoom. Just hang in there and tune in to your CurlyNikki sista for love & support. Good luck.
SwanLakeLibra
SwanLakeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 30th March 2010, 2:18 am

Thanks so much for the advice... I'm gonna hang in there!!!!
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th March 2010, 9:18 am

Congrats on your bc! Like the other ladies have said it will take a while to get your moisture level right. As a recent bc-er myself I can attest to that. Hang in there and your hair will soon flourish!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 30th March 2010, 9:31 am

Something else to try with regards to training your hair on a curl pattern and this worked for me. I used KCCC or EcoStyler to clump and define my curls. I rub it in small circular motions to try and stimulate my curls... but always remember to moisturize your hair first. I go into alot more detail about my KCCC application here: http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/kinky-curly-curling-custard-and-moisturized-hair/.

Hope that helps! And someone said this already... but we all have that moment where we think: what have I done?! But you'll find the routine that works for your hair soon! Just keep scouring CN forums and you tube for inspiration and ideas! good luck!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 30th March 2010, 9:45 am

Thanks Ladies!!!! I can't see my bc pics from my computer.. Are they showing up for u guys?
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th March 2010, 10:11 am

Congratulatons on your BC ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 30th March 2010, 10:23 am

Congrats on your BC! It will take you some time to get a routine but none the less be happy and proud with your decision.

As far as getting definition you can try shingling(combing or fingering product through small sections of the hair). I use smooth and shine curl activator recently and diffuse my hair when I was done to get it partly dry. LOVE the results. When it dried it was not hard and crunchy and the shine was out of this world.

Good luck and just know it is trial and error. Good thing when rocking a twa is if you don't like it you can wash and retry!.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddingtonBear 30th March 2010, 10:45 am

Congrats on ur BC! When I cut my hair back in September '09, I had waves then when it started to grow out it got curly. I use Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Knot Today (bought from Whole foods). Try these products but be sure to moisturize (with oil - avocado, grapeseed) before applying the gel.

MaddingtonBear

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 30th March 2010, 10:54 am

Congrats on your recent BC!!! Work it girl!!! LOL. But I totally agree with the ladies on this one. Moisturize daily, multiple times even. Natural hair loves water so you can spray with water but be sure to seal. I see you are in Bama (Southern girl in the house!!!) The air is still dry here and it doesn't mix well with glycerin. The combination of glycerin and dry air can be drying out your hair. You may want to put it up until the summer or until you get your moisture under control. When I first BC'ed, any product with glycerin made my hair dry and hard, but now that I have my moisture under control that doesn't happen at all.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 30th March 2010, 11:16 am

soontobenatural wrote:Wow, thanks for letting me know that..... any suggestions on whats a good leave in conditioner???

You can use the Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat or the Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in. Those are two of my favorites.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th March 2010, 12:16 pm

Congrats!!! and hang in there as you learn what you hair wants and needs
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 30th March 2010, 12:29 pm

Congrats, and yes I can see your pics! Very Happy
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 30th March 2010, 2:44 pm

Congrats on your big chop!! Your hair looks good. Whatever curl pattern you have, rock it. Love the hair God gave you. You be you!! Wear your TWA with confidence!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th March 2010, 2:48 pm

Hi, and welcome. Guess what I dont have a curl pattern either, at least not yet. What the experienced naturals told me patience is the key, so I'm waiting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] however like ENM said Wear your TWA with confidence!!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNewbie32 30th March 2010, 5:03 pm

I bc'd a month and a half ago. How long should I wait to trim or dust.

NaturalNewbie32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next