CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butters other than shea

+6
NubieNatty
elleeccentric
TwistedKurlzz
DvaAuNaturel
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
10 posters

Go down

Butters other than shea Empty Butters other than shea

Post by LaToya28 28th March 2010, 7:44 pm

Ladies, I want to order some butters from Butters n Bars, but I would like to try mango and cocoa butters. Have any of you added them to your mixes?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Butters other than shea Empty Re: Butters other than shea

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 9:43 pm

I ordered the trio butters from butters n bars but I havent used them yet. I want to do my own little spin on KBB hair butter.

Here are the ingredients:

Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter,
Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil & Vitamin E

I am gonna use jojoba oil, aloe vera gel, lemongrass and vitamin E oil. When I make it, I will let you know how it goes.

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 10:17 pm

LaToya, I just ordered some hair and body butter from BnB just last week. I hope it comes early this week. I'll let you know how it works out. I'm looking forward to it, since I am dying to try some type of shea butter on my hair.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 28th March 2010, 10:23 pm

@LaToya28 I make a Shealoe Moisturizing Cream using shea butter and mango butter from bnb and a few other ingredients it is great.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 10:34 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I ordered the trio butters from butters n bars but I havent used them yet. I want to do my own little spin on KBB hair butter.

Here are the ingredients:

Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter,
Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil & Vitamin E

I am gonna use jojoba oil, aloe vera gel, lemongrass and vitamin E oil. When I make it, I will let you know how it goes.

That sounds like a great mixture. Does the mango butter have a smell?

DvaAuNaturel wrote:LaToya, I just ordered some hair and body butter from BnB just last week. I hope it comes early this week. I'll let you know how it works out. I'm looking forward to it, since I am dying to try some type of shea butter on my hair.

Ok, thanks.

TwistedKurlzz wrote:@LaToya28 I make a Shealoe Moisturizing Cream using shea butter and mango butter from bnb and a few other ingredients it is great.

Thanks for sharing!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th March 2010, 11:08 am

LaToya28 wrote:
That sounds like a great mixture. Does the mango butter have a smell?

It really doesnt have a smell.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 29th March 2010, 8:25 pm

I've ordered the butter trio from BnB. It's great. I make a mix of shea + mango + cocoa buters + coconut oil +castor oil + sweet almond oil. I LOVE the smell of cocoa butter. I use it on my skin as well
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 8:30 pm

my brother hijacked my last bnb order of mango so im gonna order the trio this time to get the cocoa. mango doesnt really have a smell and its much harder than the shea.

i plan on mixin some mango cuz it has UV protection properties (per research) w/some oils to see how that works and mix some with shea for my son's skin.

i'll be waitin on those results too lynnie!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 9:28 pm

elleeccentric wrote:I've ordered the butter trio from BnB. It's great. I make a mix of shea + mango + cocoa buters + coconut oil +castor oil + sweet almond oil. I LOVE the smell of cocoa butter. I use it on my skin as well

@Elle, what ratio of each do you use? How do you mix it? That sounds good for both hair and skin. I would like to try that for my sister. She has lupus and her skin is VERY dry. The shea butter is one of the few products that has helped her.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 29th March 2010, 9:47 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
elleeccentric wrote:I've ordered the butter trio from BnB. It's great. I make a mix of shea + mango + cocoa buters + coconut oil +castor oil + sweet almond oil. I LOVE the smell of cocoa butter. I use it on my skin as well

@Elle, what ratio of each do you use? How do you mix it? That sounds good for both hair and skin. I would like to try that for my sister. She has lupus and her skin is VERY dry. The shea butter is one of the few products that has helped her.

I used an equal ratio of each butter, about 2 tablespoons of each butter, a table spoon of coconut oil and a teaspoons each of the sweet almond and castor oils. I added everything into a bowl and microwaved it to make sure everything was evenly mixed. It is wonderful for skin as well, it works great for dry spots like elbows. HTH
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 9:56 pm

@Elle, thanks. One last question, do you whip it or just let it solidy after mixing it all and melting it in the microwave? Sounds like it should be pretty easy.

My butter and bars order came today and I love the shea butter, smell and feel. Can't wait to try this mix out.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 30th March 2010, 9:57 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:@Elle, thanks. One last question, do you whip it or just let it solidy after mixing it all and melting it in the microwave? Sounds like it should be pretty easy.

My butter and bars order came today and I love the shea butter, smell and feel. Can't wait to try this mix out.

No prob. I just ket it solidify. I'm sure whipping it would make it work just as well.
Enjoy your butters =)
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th March 2010, 10:25 am

Thanks for sharing your mixture elleeccentric, and I love your avi!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 30th March 2010, 1:40 pm

elleeccentric, in the future, you may just want to get a fork, whisk, or hand held mixer and mix your butters for a few minutes by hand. Microwaving/heating tend to break down the quality/benefits of the oils, especially the shea butter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 6:41 pm

envizionj wrote:elleeccentric, in the future, you may just want to get a fork, whisk, or hand held mixer and mix your butters for a few minutes by hand. Microwaving/heating tend to break down the quality/benefits of the oils, especially the shea butter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I agree. I put my shea butter in a glass bowl, then put the bowl in hot water so it melts that way.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 8:48 pm

Thanks for the tips ladies. I got my BnB order yesterday. I really like the grow my hair butter. It is a little too "pepperminty" for my taste as far as the smell goes but I like the tingling I felt in my hair all day today.

I think I will try my hand at my own mix, if for nothing else to use as a body moisturizer. That should keep definitely keep away the ash. lol!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 30th March 2010, 10:06 pm

i got some mango butter from bnb and put it in my shea whip so far i love it for my skin and my daughters hair
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 30th March 2010, 11:55 pm

envizionj wrote:elleeccentric, in the future, you may just want to get a fork, whisk, or hand held mixer and mix your butters for a few minutes by hand. Microwaving/heating tend to break down the quality/benefits of the oils, especially the shea butter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ahh you are so right. Too much heat can denature to bonds that make up the lipids and such. Thanks for bringing that up.

@LaToya, no problem. If anyone tries it let me know how you like it=D
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 3rd April 2010, 10:02 pm

I make an amazing hair/skin butter that main ingredients are raw shea and raw mango butter. Some of the other butters that are also used in it are hemp seed butter, aloe butter, kokum butter, and illipe butter.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 12th July 2010, 12:43 pm

I just bought my coco, shea, mango butters from BnB.. OHHHHH I cant WAIT!!! I have been using Elasta QP Mango butter, but I will admit, im heavy handed and that little jar is 5 bucks. This way i can make my own...

I will keep you posted!!
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 12th July 2010, 12:45 pm

I just bought my coco, shea, mango butters from BnB.. OHHHHH I cant WAIT!!! I have been using Elasta QP Mango butter, but I will admit, im heavy handed and that little jar is 5 bucks. This way i can make my own...

I will keep you posted!!
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 12th July 2010, 12:45 pm

I will keep you posted!!
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down