CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioner influence on loved ones

3 posters

Go down

Transitioner influence on loved ones Empty Transitioner influence on loved ones

Post by SasahT 28th March 2010, 2:33 pm

So I have bee transitioning for 6 months now and I was just wondering how many people on this forum have influenced loved ones to either go natural or take better care of their hair as a result of your own transition?
My husband is completely supportive of me transitioning ( he just doesn't want me to bc so soon, b/c he doesn't like short hair on women, but is respectful of whatever decision). My husband is actually a curly too. When we met 7 yrs ago he had the cutest curly fade, I loved it. But after a while he started cutting his hair really short (almost bald). He kept it like this for the past 6 yrs (just said it was easier b/c he could cut his own hair). Since, I started reading all these hair blogs/websites and learning about natural hair, I have been sharing all this information with him. I got rid of almost all my shampoo. The 1 bottle that I have I diluted with water and acv. Initially he looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I was washing my hair w/ acv and trying all these other "crazy" things with my hair, but was just like "Ok, whatever".

He noticed my new growth one day, and was like "Wow I like that ,your hair is getting long". After that he started to grow out his hair in Jan. His hair grows like a weed and he had the cutest little curly fro by mid Feb, but wanted to put an S-curl in it, b/c it was so dry. I was like "NO" don't do that to your hair, it is already gorgeous. I told him to stop using shampoo and us my conditioners and acv shampoo/rinse. Initially he was hesitant, but when he went to his barber, he must of talked with him about it. The barber backed me up and told my husband that washing your hair w/ shampoo everyday can cause baldness b/c it strips your hair of protein/moisture. I'm appreciated the barber's support but was pissed cause he cut most of my hubby's curls off and left him with waves Sad! Anyway, guess who is co-washing and using acv now, lol? So funny how men will only listen to other men about certain things. I'm looking forward to our hair growing out and being a curly/natural couple, and maybe one day soon we will have a curly kid too!

Anyone else have any stories of influence on husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, parents, siblings.......? I think it is so awesome?
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Transitioner influence on loved ones Empty Re: Transitioner influence on loved ones

Post by RinnyU 29th March 2010, 2:30 am

My aunt went natural on the 27th of this month and I'd like to think it was due to me.
I even gave her the BC and it seems like she's enjoying it to me. lol.

She LOVES playing in my curls so I guess she just decided to get back her own.
My Grandma and Mom seem indifferent to it though *shrug*.
RinnyU
RinnyU

Back to top Go down

Transitioner influence on loved ones Empty Re: Transitioner influence on loved ones

Post by Treece 2nd April 2010, 10:49 am

Nope, I have not influenced anyone perse. I do try to get my DB to grow his hair out a bit because I absolutely love to touch it. His hair is extremely soft, and has purdy curls in them ^-^ When he cuts it it's not too bad. His hair does grow back fast as well.

My mom is still skeptical, and so I don't talk to her much about it.

Sooo, right now it's just me and I am happy with myself. Very Happy
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down