CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braids, braids and more braids

3 posters

Go down

Braids, braids and more braids Empty Braids, braids and more braids

Post by Songwriter88 25th March 2010, 10:13 am

Okay so my curly ladies, I am thinking about getting my hair braided because I am at that point where I'm not feeling up to do it every morning or every other morning (lol). So my question is what are some of the products that you used to make sure that your hair did not break off and stayed healthly. My weak point is my edges and the last time I got braids it looked like my edges broke off so I'm kind of skeptical about that. Please give me some suggestions!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Braids, braids and more braids Empty Re: Braids, braids and more braids

Post by truet 25th March 2010, 7:32 pm

I just finshed my braid challenge and one thing that i tried was i put olive oil and or conditioner on my braids and left a shower cap on my head for many hours I would do this about everytwo weeks. So when I took my braids down i found majorty of my hair was nice and smooth and very moist I was like love it. So sposts was dry but i could say i did not pay attention to it. so the main ingridents I would say is 1 water 2 some oil i like EVOO 3 and conditioner cheap or a good one!! GOOD LUCK
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 25th March 2010, 8:16 pm

I do not know about New Jersey but, some of the braiders in Houston braid so tight you can't close your eyes to sleep [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I would suggest trying afro kinky twists (or two strand twists) instead of braids. It has been my experience that the twists are not as tight (near the scalp) as braids. This may help you preserve your edges. My hair was not as tangled when the twists were removed either.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down