CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braids and a Sew-in

5 posters

Go down

Braids and a Sew-in Empty Braids and a Sew-in

Post by Songwriter88 12th April 2010, 1:32 pm

So I recently got braids (extensions) and a sew-in. I just need some products that I can use to make sure that my natural hair wont break or become damaged. Any suggestions? Please reply. Thanks
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Braids and a Sew-in Empty Re: Braids and a Sew-in

Post by ktoliver5303 14th April 2010, 11:09 am

Umm.. Your best bet is just to keep your hair as moist as possible. Regardless of the style moisture is key. Right now I have two strand twist in my hair and I EVOO my scalp everyday. Wash your hair and keep it conditioned. You also have to be careful because you do not want your braids and sew in to slip. I would think what ever regimen you are using you can continue with the braids and sew in.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 14th April 2010, 11:11 am

Thanks alot...
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th April 2010, 11:13 am

Np hun, I can not to braids with how kinky and thick my hair is. Just "grease ya scalp" as the old folks would say and keep it moist. Also drink a lot of water too that helps the over all moisture in your hair and body.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 14th April 2010, 11:45 am

I wore weaves during most of my transition and I agree with keep your hair moisturized. You can continue to wash/cowash your hair. To make it easier I used a spray bottle with diluted poo or conditioner to get in between the tracks to reach my scalp. I moisturized with braid and activator sprays before creating my own and sealed with a blend of oils.

Most importantly, make sure your hair dries completely or you'll experience a sour (mildew) smell underneath.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 12:36 pm

I agree with Hamptonsfnst a spray bottle would be great for your natural hair!!! Don't deprive it of moisture PLEASE!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 15th April 2010, 10:54 am

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:I wore weaves during most of my transition and I agree with keep your hair moisturized. You can continue to wash/cowash your hair. To make it easier I used a spray bottle with diluted poo or conditioner to get in between the tracks to reach my scalp. I moisturized with braid and activator sprays before creating my own and sealed with a blend of oils.

Most importantly, make sure your hair dries completely or you'll experience a sour (mildew) smell underneath.

Hi,
Did you experience any matting (natural hair) after washing while transitioning with a sew-in?
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down