CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negativity with being Natural??

+3
Mo1908
ktoliver5303
natural813
7 posters

Go down

Negativity with being Natural?? Empty Negativity with being Natural??

Post by natural813 23rd March 2010, 1:22 pm

Why is it that when someone want to be natural there is alot of stares and comments that come with it.
Of course I got a few comments alot good but some kinda wierd and unessary.

Has this happen to anyone..I will love to hear some stories.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Negativity with being Natural?? Empty Re: Negativity with being Natural??

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd March 2010, 1:40 pm

GUURRLLL!!!! Where do I begin!! LMAO!! From personal experience I had A LOT of negative feed back from friends and co workers (the ethnics). They are the only ones that I really discussed it with other than them. I have been told I will be walking around looking like a jigga boo, how can I be natural and be elegant at the same time, you will never get a job with your hair like that... I just responded that I know who I am and I know what I can or can not do. If I wanted to I would cut my hair BALD and rock that and be OH SO FLY.. My family is basically all natural so they of course was like BOUGHT TIME!!

But knowing who you are is a big part of it. As long as you know that this is what you want to do knowing that you will have your good days and bad (same as with perm hair) you will be just fine. I know outside crazies can get to your mental or try to make you feel like looking hellla retarded by your head, but guess what. SO WHAT, you that new brand of hella retarded wit ya natural curls rocking and your hair growing out like WHOA!! they will eventually see how pretty and healthy your hair is growing and shut up or you go off ONE GOOD TIME on they ass.. either way they will shut up.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Just continue on to your natural path of healthy hair. You will be just fine!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 23rd March 2010, 1:47 pm

Thank you for the feedback. It has only been about 4 days natural but I know I have to get more use to it lol. My hair is short for the moment I feel kind of arkward with it. But I love it darely I wouldn't pick the relaxed hair over this never ever. As time goes on it will all get better I just know it.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd March 2010, 1:58 pm

Oh yeah, you will come into your own TRUST THAT!! No need to feel awkward about it at all. If you want dress your hair up. I am Love accessories!! If you keep paying attention to the blogs there are a lot of ladies that have pics up with cute headbands, flowers, hats, etc in their hair. If you are at home Claires has some real cute stuff, wet seal, forever 21, and Urban Outfitters are some great places to start. You are adorable so bang some off the rocker earrings, bracelets, all that good stuff.

DO IT BIG HONEY!!

You can use your hair as a perfect time to be a complete new you. New style and NEW ATTITUDE. Diva (my hair) and I rock it wherever and whenever.. From my BC days till now..
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 23rd March 2010, 2:02 pm

Yeah That is what I want to do buy really cute accessories for my hair. I love it just gotta love it a bit more. All I have to do is stay positive and that is all that matters. I am all new for the 2010 and I'm very proud of it. So far am rocking it but i will continue to rock it.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo1908 23rd March 2010, 2:04 pm

At the end of the day its about being comfortable in your own skin. I did a mini chop recently and so many of my friend fussed about me cutting my hair off and letting it go. Um, excuse, I love my hair (permed and natural) but I know this is right for me. Love yourself and others will love you as well. Hang in there hun!
Mo1908
Mo1908

http://www.twitter.com/mo1908

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd March 2010, 2:21 pm

Oh ignore them...enjoy the new relationship with yourself. Get your glam on, enjoy every minute of it. When I bc'd I had 2 seconds of "OMG what did I do" and the other side of me said "you cut your hair like you ALWAYS do" hahahaha and everyone else was on their own from that moment forward. Come at me sideways if you want and watch me straighten you up! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Enjoy every moment and take pictures to capture your journey, you will be happy you did later on. There is nothing like a good then and now picture.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 23rd March 2010, 5:07 pm

Thank you all for the replies.
I don't know why people be all up in others head when last time I check its mines and not yours so why you care if I cut it or not. I even got why you cut your hair it was long. I didnt even reply...
I am happy with my decision and that is all that matters.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by traty1216 24th March 2010, 5:27 pm

I Did the BC in January. I am the only African American at my job(55 employees), and I will not come to work without a wig on. As soon as I leave the office, I pull my wig off in the car and I feel so natural and free...I just love it! I hate wearing my wig, I want to be me all day everyday, but I am afraid of the comments from some uneducated , ignorant people.

I am not sure how to upload my picture...thats why I havent done so yet, so advice and help with uploading would be greatly appreciated.
Natural813...I am with you on this one and you other ladies are giving me confidence. Thanks!

traty1216

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 24th March 2010, 6:10 pm

I understand the wierd feeling. I guess it is all about getting use to something. I think one day just take off the wig and see what everyone say. You might be suprised they might actually like it.

You got to your profile and you will see avatar and upload from there.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th March 2010, 6:43 pm

Girl you just gotta let it roll right off your back. I've gotten some negative feedback as well from the people who matter most to me. I try not to let it affect my confidence, but it does a little. I'm just going to keep doing me though. Like you said it's all about being happy with your decision. We'll show them! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by MikMont 24th March 2010, 6:56 pm

traty1216 wrote:I Did the BC in January. I am the only African American at my job(55 employees), and I will not come to work without a wig on. As soon as I leave the office, I pull my wig off in the car and I feel so natural and free...I just love it! I hate wearing my wig, I want to be me all day everyday, but I am afraid of the comments from some uneducated , ignorant people.

I am not sure how to upload my picture...thats why I havent done so yet, so advice and help with uploading would be greatly appreciated.
Natural813...I am with you on this one and you other ladies are giving me confidence. Thanks!

Hey traty1216, im the only aa at my job too. We are smaller (15 emp), so everyone feels comfortable being all up in my business. I came in last Monday and was so nervous but, all I got was oh you look like a baby, your hair is so short now followed by*awkward silence*. They will be alright though. Take off that wig and flaunt your stuff! I havent gotten any neg comments about my hair at work.

It was actually harder for me to show my fam and friends, who told me I look like a cabbage patch doll, a revolutionary...oh and that my hair was like a high grade carpet. But they too will be alright.
MikMont
MikMont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down